HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, no Dooku. I bought Maul, Ventress, Fisto, Koon, and General Kenobi off eBay last year though. I sold them a few months later because of all the A/P collectibles they showed off at Comic-con. I kept Maul though, always been my favorite besides Luke.
The poses you can get with him are amazing. Especially when you use the stand to hold him in the air.

At least you sold them for a 'good' cause. :D

Almost forgot to include Emperor Palpatine to my list.

On my shelf, I'd have him chillin' on his throne. Vader to his right, Maul and Ventress to his left.

Oh well sorry for the off topic.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program....AVP rules, blah, blah, blah..... :D

My last off topic post..

Sidious was the next figure I was going to buy, but then Comic-con and A/P... I love Star Wars so much, but I literally can't miss out on something A/P related. If I was rich, I'd have a room dedicated to each genre. Alien/Predator, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Terminator.
But, oh well... Only A/P for now.

Hmmm. I hate cruising ebay and finding ancients and avp elders that are about £300 more than id want to pay. Why couldnt i find cheap one like i did with scar and p2 elder :(.

I say u r already more than lucky to get scar and p2 elder for that price. Welcome to reality my friend :)

Ah well, Guardian seems to be the only " reasonable " priced Predator left before i have to buy the extortionate ones i dont own. Well, guardian or Dutch. But i only really want to pay around £250 posted for Dutch. Its a bit cheaper than he goes for by about £30 but we'll see -_-

Damn it. I must concede that myself and my parents think that my HT Scar predator is the best in my collection. I wish i had a time machine to ebay of old where i could buy chopper, celtic, ancient and avp elder for a fraction of todays prices.

IMO my favorite will ancient predator. The most sought after I think p2 elder. Scar anicom being the most expensive simply because it's the least produced not because it's the best. I am looking for one just to complete my avp line not because I like it. If I am not so much into completing the line I choose to spend my money on p2 elder, p1, ancient :) Just IMO.

Got my AvP Elder today, and boy am I pissed.

I open the box and see that the moron wrapped it in a single layer of bubble wrap. I knew it was only going to be bad from here:
DSCF3340.jpg

The head is broken off.

What do I do? I got it for a hell of a price, $290. If I get a refund, I'm pretty sure I'll never get one at that price again. Does it look fixable? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What a stupid jerk!!!!! Are you sure it was fine before it was shipped? It maybe that jerk sell u so cheap because it's damaged.

I say call paypal and ask ur money back. Yes u can't get that kind of cheap price anymore but it's not worth $300. U can definitely fix it with a glue but if u r a hardcore collector u will regret not getting refund down the road. U will only piss knowing that u get broken neck avp elder :(

sorry for that.

I just sent the guy a message. Say he doesn't make right on this. How would I go about fixing the head? Super glue? And what about the missing quills?

Would an extra layer of bubble wrap really have prevented all that breakage?

It sure will.

Well, because the price for this piece is so low, I suspect it was broken before it was shipped. The owner wanted this off his hands and clearly is not a collector of valuable figures.

The poor packaging makes for a great cover up.

I'm sorry, I just have my doubts.

Exactly what I thought.

I just looked at the auction, and the bastard has "no returns accepted" on it.

Hmm very fish. So u can either
1. Salvage the body, clean the broken part on the neck and sell it, and salvage whatever u get. U may end up getting more
2. Buy new body and re glue the quills
3. Or return everything including the shipping fee. Call paypal. PP is better than ebay CS.

Good luck.

I'm upset and it's not even mine.
These kind of sellers are out there.
Let's not forgot the Chilean sellers fiasco. These guys were [supposedly] selling these much sought-after figures for amazing prices (Elder, Celtic, Scar, etc.). The members here received their packages with magazines in them. :mad::mad::mad:

I will be so pissed to. I can feel his pain. I bought 1 pred and it arrived with broken shoulder canon. I was so stupid to accept it with $50 refund for broken avp shoulder canon. Now I can't even get a replacement ;( Good things he's one of great boardie I know so I will just drop it. But the broken neck :(

Got my AvP Elder today, and boy am I pissed.

I open the box and see that the moron wrapped it in a single layer of bubble wrap. I knew it was only going to be bad from here:
DSCF3340.jpg

The head is broken off.
DSCF3342.jpg

DSCF3344.jpg

Not only that, some of the quills are broken off. 4 are in the box, but a few more are missing.
DSCF3345.jpg

DSCF3346.jpg

What do I do? I got it for a hell of a price, $290. If I get a refund, I'm pretty sure I'll never get one at that price again. Does it look fixable? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

hummm if you want ill buy that head from you ^_^

That break definitely didn't happen in shipping. You can tell someone had tried to pry the head off. The quills, on the other hand appear to have been crushed off.

That break definitely didn't happen in shipping. You can tell someone had tried to pry the head off. The quills, on the other hand appear to have been crushed off.

My brother just got home from work. That is the first thing he said about it. He saw glue reside on it. It's been broken before. :mad::mad::mad:

Son of a....

I just sent the seller a message letting him know that he will be refunding me my money and that I will be sending the figure back to him.

Get your money back. Just do it. Don't worry about customizing it. You will fall in love with a new Predator collectible in a few weeks. Once the head has been broken, it's never going to be perfect again. It's not worth it. GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN, MAN! :horror

wow man sorry to see and hear that aweful news :(

I hope you get your money back , i can't stand doooooosh bags that don't know how to package something . :gah:

My opinion was that the figure was broke before he shipped it :exactly:

Thank you.
I was skeptical of this from the beginning.

The materials HT uses on their figures is pliable. Not brittle.
Even if someone were to sit on the package, the head should not "snap" off like that.

If the package was mis-handled badly enough to snap the head off, then almost all of the quills on the figure's head would have broken off as well.

the head was probably pulled off at one point. i have bought several predator bodies with that same problem. a new neck adapter should solve that problem.

yes definitely get ur money back and don't even want to pay for shipping!
Call paypal if the seller refuses.

Good luck!

Oh man a clean break on the neck post like that is gonna be tough to fix. Salvaging the parts alone should get you a good price return on it but you gotta do all the work. I'd say take a BIG partial refund and strip it for parts and sell it.

I just want to return it, get my money back, and wash my hands of this. It's 7:22am in France right now, and hopefully the a-hole has a horrible wake up call with my message.

Sorry to hear about your purchase. Looks to me like its fallen from some height landed on it's head and SNAP! Just open up a case in Paypal and your done, make sure the seller didn't mention break in their ebay description and you'll be fine.

Hate when this happens, instead of enjoying your purchase your wasting time sorting stuff out with paypal and postal companies, :mad: .... If you can't resolve it with the seller, ensure you give him negative feedback.

Back