HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you attach the bio mask on the AVP Elder's left shoulder? I saw it done on one of HT's proto pics.

There are some black clamps on the inside of my Elder mask, which I guess "scoop" under the bottom of the shoulder armor. For the life of me, I can't get it to work though.

Why are we even talking about Wolf?

Because Wolf's a badass.
100_0646.jpg

I've got a decent one of my P1 and Predalien as well:
100_0570.jpg

Quick question about the Grid alien, would removing the green paint be much of a problem?
I'm thinking not so much on the head, but the latex parts...any help would be good, I just want a clean AVP Alien, and like the darker colour of Grid.

I've been reading some of the posts and I just got to put in my 2 cents. IMO, Falconer was the weakest predator and doesn't stand a chance against any other preds. He got killed by a dude with a katanna, with just 1 slice. No other preds take such minimal (in pred's standard) and dies.

Scar was pretty skilled. He fought bunch of aliens almost single handed and almost killed the queen.

If I gotta pick a team, I'd pick Wolf, Scar, and original predator against the new trio.

original predator doesnt have a chance against berseker , in the movie berseker wipe the floor with him , but you are right falconer sort or like was a weakling

I've been reading some of the posts and I just got to put in my 2 cents. IMO, Falconer was the weakest predator and doesn't stand a chance against any other preds. He got killed by a dude with a katanna, with just 1 slice. No other preds take such minimal (in pred's standard) and dies.

Scar was pretty skilled. He fought bunch of aliens almost single handed and almost killed the queen.

If I gotta pick a team, I'd pick Wolf, Scar, and original predator against the new trio.

original predator doesnt have a chance against berseker , in the movie berseker wipe the floor with him , but you are right falconer sort or like was a weakling

I can't bring myself to calling a Pred that fought an honorable fight weak. It was one of my favorite fight scenes in the movie and how do you know if Hanzo wasn't a master swordsman? Falconer came out straight. No camo, no falcon, no projectile weapons. Blade to blade combat like a true warrior. I respect that more than just sneaking up on someone in cloak and blast a hole in their head. :lol

you realize the original predator wasn't in the movie "predators" right? that was just a different predator that looks a whole lot like him.

Any way, another off topic question, whats the going rate for a p2 elder, no box...around 500? more?
I know it's Off topic, but most of the pred fans I like and trust post in this thread,

I can't bring myself to calling a Pred that fought an honorable fight weak. It was one of my favorite fight scenes in the movie and how do you know if Hanzo wasn't a master swordsman? Falconer came out straight. No camo, no falcon, no projectile weapons. Blade to blade combat like a true warrior. I respect that more than just sneaking up on someone in cloak and blast a hole in their head. :lol

Yeah, THAT was falconer's downfall, he was too fair of a fighter. He could have ended that fight before it began! (literally - he could have shot hanzo with a projectile blade while he was still cloaked!).

It also wasn't one slice, either. He was cut in half I think!

If he was cut in half, that would've been better, but they didn't show that in the movie. They just showed him falling down. Don't get me wrong, I liked the fact that they fought one on one straight up, but the way he died was anti-climatic to me.

Like someone else said, the original Pred used superior tactics to kill off the squad. No help, just all him. He was the ultimate hunter. So I would think he be a lot harder to kill if he was that smart.

If he was cut in half, that would've been better, but they didn't show that in the movie. They just showed him falling down. Don't get me wrong, I liked the fact that they fought one on one straight up, but the way he died was anti-climatic to me.

Like someone else said, the original Pred used superior tactics to kill off the squad. No help, just all him. He was the ultimate hunter. So I would think he be a lot harder to kill if he was that smart.
He was cut in half. Sort of.. Hanzo made the same slice on the back that he did on the front, and apparently it went all the way through to the other side..killing him. I'm pretty sure thats what happens atleast. I'll have to go watch it for the 11th time to be sure :lol

Oi, what's with the AVP-R discussion? I just realized :). Let's keep it AVP and let's keep it awesome.

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

Awesome pics!

Gotta question though... is Griddy one of those Alien figures that has... problems? You know, breakable joints, rubber issues, etc?

Nah, that sort of thing is just overdone in movies these days... You're probably more likely do get cut/killed by a sword that way anyway, especially if you're a Pred. Personally, I like how it was portrayed.

Awesome pics!

Gotta question though... is Griddy one of those Alien figures that has... problems? You know, breakable joints, rubber issues, etc?
I have the regular AvP Drone and he has not had any problems whatsoever. IMO he's the best alien they've done so far. I don't think i've heard of anyone having problems with them either.

Awesome pics!

None of the AVP Aliens seem to have any problems (there may be some rare issues, but no huge mass-bought defects).
You just have the usual possibility of breaking the cheek tendons, but that's about it. Ol' Reliable indeed.

Back