HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bio repaint man! I need to get someone to repaint mah chopper too!

thanks bro, yeah Endlessrain gots a tight repaint of his Chopper bio too, check his out in the early pages of this thread!

Thought i would share some AVP love.
0094.JPG

My custom Elder and A crappy custom i put together with spare bits i had lieing around.

0118.JPG

Hey guys,

Just plugging my WTB thread. I need some AVP representation. Willing to trade out my Gort for a Scar. If anyone is interested. Drop me a PM.

Beautiful pics by the way.

I'm sorry, but the AVP face sculpts are horrendous. Is the guy in charge of sculpting these still around at HT? These should always be displayed with their bios.

Mcfarlane AVP stuff is fetching for a pretty dollar. If you got those put those up on ebay.

Y'know, I was onboard with all of the NECA and McF Alien and Predator stuff. Sometimes I wonder if I should sell off all of those and collect only 1/6. Nah, I won't. The new NECA Preds need a home.

Or will I... I'll get kicked out of the NECA club, but at least I know I'd get a good value to buy all the HT stuff I've wanted. I have an opened (but kept the box, which was signed by Todd McFarlane at SDCC '10 this year) McF Alien Queen box set, among plenty of McF AVP figs. I sell those, I load up on HT AVP's, and my space crisis for the future HT Predators figures will be solved. So tempting... but my parents would argue, "but you just got that stuff, it looks so nice!"

Yes, I actually have a guilt complex for this hobby, even though selling my older lower-end stuff would benefit me greatly. ARGH! What to do, what to do...

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but the AVP face sculpts are horrendous. Is the guy in charge of sculpting these still around at HT? These should always be displayed with their bios.

Agreed, but the bios are too cool to ever come off anyway.

Sometimes when my friends ask if the AVP preds bio's come off I say "Yes but you can't see, they are too ugly" and they always say "Well which do you think are cute, they all look ugly." It's almost wor for word with everyone of them. :rotfl:rotfl

Agreed, but the bios are too cool to ever come off anyway.

Sometimes when my friends ask if the AVP preds bio's come off I say "Yes but you can't see, they are too ugly" and they always say "Well which do you think are cute, they all look ugly." It's almost wor for word with everyone of them. :rotfl:rotfl

I wouldn't even say ugly, just poorly designed/sculpted. The AVP preds are cool and all but they have by far the worse the unmasked sculpts out of all the predators. (except the elder of course)

As decent as some of these pics are. I still hate these things. Don't jump on me if you like them; more power to you. Many complain about the bodies on P1 and P2, but these are more off than those. Most of the Preds in AVP were fat (stocky:cuckoo:). Those bodies needed to be reworked more than P1 and P2.

Y'know, I was onboard with all of the NECA and McF Alien and Predator stuff. Sometimes I wonder if I should sell off all of those and collect only 1/6. Nah, I won't. The new NECA Preds need a home.

Or will I... I'll get kicked out of the NECA club, but at least I know I'd get a good value to buy all the HT stuff I've wanted. I have an opened (but kept the box, which was signed by Todd McFarlane at SDCC '10 this year) McF Alien Queen box set, among plenty of McF AVP figs. I sell those, I load up on HT AVP's, and my space crisis for the future HT Predators figures will be solved. So tempting... but my parents would argue, "but you just got that stuff, it looks so nice!"

Yes, I actually have a guilt complex for this hobby, even though selling my older lower-end stuff would benefit me greatly. ARGH! What to do, what to do...
Sell my friend and don't give a ____ ____ bout what others say. If I wanna sell Guardian I will. if I wanna sell him for $450 then I will. If you really want the AVP's, which I know you do like me, then sell my friend. :D

Back