HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because for Unbloodeds, some armor/weapons are acid proof and some aren't? :dunno

I'd just admit it. As much as I love AVP, it's obvious Anderson overlooked those things.

Of course you could say that Anderson made them that way on purpose because he favored the Aliens, but that wouldn't be true now would it? It is not true because Scar took out SEVERAL Aliens. Alien fan's worst nightmare right?

Every Alien since the first movie (with the exception of the third) has been treated like cannon fodder, like a bug. Whether this means making them an unstoppable horde or extensive target practice, they appear in both of these ways for AVP. Which makes sense, considering that Scar gets his plasmacaster later on in the film, shifting the balance.

They might have trained for decades, but with Xenomorphs you just don't know.
They are their most deadly prey.

That's the best way to describe them: unpredicable. It's what makes taking down an Alien such a big deal. The point isn't to analyze them to the point where they become pushovers; it's to live off the thrill of the hunt, to prove that you can adapt to any situation and use the environment in your favor. Predators don't train themselves in handling a specific breed of prey, but rather in being an effective hunter on any world.

He probably did.. But it would make complete sense for that to be the case.

Not if all of the Predators in AVP were supposed to start out equally; they were all unblooded warriors. Even if you tried using the "one of them is the leader" reasoning, that'd fail because Celtic experienced the most inconsistencies and he was originally head honcho.

Not if all of the Predators in AVP were supposed to start out equally; they were all unblooded warriors. Even if you tried using the "one of them is the leader" reasoning, that'd fail because Celtic experienced the most inconsistencies and he was originally head honcho.
We never saw one of their's say..wristblades melt, and another's not, did we? I'm not saying that like, Chopper got an acid-resistant combi-stick and Scar didn't..I'm saying that maybe all of their wristblades were not acid-resistant, and all of their combi-sticks were.
Erm, do you understand?

Like, "For Unbloodeds, Wristblades and chestplates will be vulnerable to acid, and combi-sticks and Shurikens will be acid-resistant", etc...

I don't look at Celtic as the leader, I look at him as the most aggressive.
While Scar was the most inteligent and skilled, Celtic was more aggressive and enjoyed taking control of the situations.

..well I guess you could call that being the leader...

Lol everyone has their own views and opinions and I really find that it is pointless for people to make others see it their way because we got a lot of hard heads here. I say we just sit back and say, you didn't like AVP for these reasons? I respect that. But I love it for those reasons. I'm just looking at (what we see on these boards everyday) a tug of war that will never end. Eventually everyone will start making assumptions of a movie they took no part in making and pull excuses out of their behinds to explain why this or that made or did not make sense. Still fun to watch. But I think I'll sit this one out.

On better news, spoke to TD and he said the custom Scar bios should be complete by the end of the month. Had some personal issues to deal with in November which he handled and we should see an updated Scar bio for our HT Scar Preds. Finally! :D

I think Predators are born like humans in that they have the potential to become great hunters/ warriors but they need to be trained and channeled into becoming the best.

Whereas with Aliens I think they are born with that instinct from birth. Sort of like when reptiles hatch from eggs, their instict is to find food and eat to grow etc.

I think Predators are born like humans in that they have the potential to become great hunters/ warriors but they need to be trained and channeled into becoming the best.

Whereas with Aliens I think they are born with that instinct from birth. Sort of like when reptiles hatch from eggs, their instict is to find food and eat to grow etc.

Totally agree. Their instincts to kill migrate and expand is what makes them the deadliest of species. That's why so many believe that they're possibly manufacture bio weapons of an alien race like the space jockies.

How about some pics to brighten the mood here? Anyone? Lar'ja?

2012xa.jpg

2014u.jpg

as much as i like the new predators nothing can beat the old avp trio , great pictures y the way

I have a Scar and Chopper for trade. Scar complete, no box. Chopper fixed neck, no spear, 2 long arm blades. I want SS statues.

With the annoucement of the new 1/6 and 1/4 for every friggen predator line...damn it...not sure what to think now. I think AVP after market collectors will feel the most pain (speaking for myself of course)

With the annoucement of the new 1/6 and 1/4 for every friggen predator line...damn it...not sure what to think now. I think AVP after market collectors will feel the most pain (speaking for myself of course)

Why? is it confirmed HT is re-issuing 1:6th or just re-tooling and re-releasing these as 1:4th? Don't jump off of the Classics just yet. Wait for less teasing and more confirmation from HTs

...but HTs does feed off of speculation and creating false hope= higer demand for their product... just saying (speculating:rotfl)

Why? is it confirmed HT is re-issuing 1:6th or just re-tooling and re-releasing these as 1:4th? Don't jump off of the Classics just yet. Wait for less teasing and more confirmation from HTs

...but HTs does feed off of speculation and creating false hope= higer demand for their product... just saying (speculating:rotfl)

I think the new 1/4 will probably start off with the main predators from each film. So for the AVP, they'd release a 1/4 and maybe 1/6 Scar Predator...but knowing Hot Toys, they will eventually release Chopper, Celtic, etc...although that may take quite a while (2013, 2014?).

The classics will still be cool for what they are and I would never sell them if I bought them at retail price. But I was an aftermarket buyer so it hurts more. Never bought them for resale but if theres something better, I prefer the better version, unless I only spent a measily 150 on them at retail (unfortunately, I didn't) then I'd feel absolutely fine just holding on to them...

i knew it would happen....avp getting remade.....glad i sold all my avp preds....just have a scar still standing here....thought i would keep the main character from the film.

Back