HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, he made them how they were supposed to be..the power level of the Aliens/Preds, but some things just weren't realistic.

I just sit there screaming "COME ON, GET THE ____ UP CELTIC, KICK HIM, THROW HIM, STAB HIM, DO SOMTHING!!!!"

but he does nothing. :dunno

LOL its called bad acting, bad script, bulky suits that made a crappy movie yet I love it :slap:slap. Just a FYI its a fiction movie

LOL its called bad acting, bad script, bulky suits that made a crappy movie yet I love it :slap:slap. Just a FYI its a fiction movie
...That makes no sense. It's been proved that Predators are smart, athletic and agile. That has nothing to do with it being a fiction movie. He should have defended himself, and he didn't... So it made the whole 30 minutes of him looking like a badass pointless.

And I really want someone to show me this "bad acting" in AvP.
The actors did their job well.

Don't think the script was that bad..definitely some things I would have changed.

As for he suits, I used to think that too..but then I thought "Maybe they put on a few pounds due to the extremely cold climate?"..makes sense.

...That makes no sense. It's been proved that Predators are smart, athletic and agile. That has nothing to do with it being a fiction movie. He should have defended himself, and he didn't... So it made the whole 30 minutes of him looking like a badass pointless.

And I really want someone to show me this "bad acting" in AvP.
The actors did their job well.

Don't think the script was that bad..definitely some things I would have changed.

As for he suits, I used to think that too..but then I thought "Maybe they put on a few pounds due to the extremely cold climate?"..makes sense.

Well I kinda liked the idea that even Predators come in all shapes and sizes. There's so many different clans and tribes that live nomadic lifestyles and not to mention their long lifespan, I would think that each clan will eventually find different ways to better themselves in their own ways or belief. Maybe the AVP preds are super juiced to become stronger and bulkier and to protect themselves better from the lack of speed, they put on extra armor. Just a theory.

:clap:clap:clap

Some great pix getting posted in this thread now! Sorry to say I'm a pretty hopeless photographer so mine never seem to do the figures justice.

I have been messing about with the idea of a large scale dio and took a few 'test shots' of Celtic and an AVP brown alien in a bit of a dynamic pose.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Needs a whole lot more work though and I wish my photos didn't come out so, well......bad!!

:lecture Looks good from here. :clap
Thanks for sharing.

Regarding Celtic not getting up and having his ass handed to him....

I said it before, I hope whatever the next installment is that a predator actually survives for once. I'd like a predator movie to be made where the predator is made out to be the hero.
Go to their world, follow a tribe during a hunt, whatever. Leave the human storyline behind and stop killing-off the preds. :lol

And Robert Rodriguez dares to call himself a predator fan. Bah!
He's still a business man.

Wolf survived in AVP:R. He swallowed the nuclear blast and used the energy to heel his impalement wound. He then rounded up the prey from Predator's took them to the super's in exchange for money then went back home and bought a 50" 3d TV and is sitting patiently on his throne waiting for Prometheus.

:lecture Looks good from here. :clap
Thanks for sharing.

Regarding Celtic not getting up and having his ass handed to him....

I said it before, I hope whatever the next installment is that a predator actually survives for once. I'd like a predator movie to be made where the predator is made out to be the hero.
Go to their world, follow a tribe during a hunt, whatever. Leave the human storyline behind and stop killing-off the preds. :lol

And Robert Rodriguez dares to call himself a predator fan. Bah!
He's still a business man.

I totally agree with that. But humans are still needed. As Prey. But they should all be wiped out at the end. If Hollywood wanna get sentimental, they can give him or her a heroic death, but I wanna see a Pred survive more than anything.

Wolf survived in AVP:R. He swallowed the nuclear blast and used the energy to heel his impalement wound. He then rounded up the prey from Predator's took them to the super's in exchange for money then went back home and bought a 50" 3d TV and is sitting patiently on his throne waiting for Prometheus.

He's Wolf dammit! Doubt he'd settle for anything below 55". :lol

Thanks for the comment, here's a couple more......

picture.php

This pic here looks boss bro. Good shot.

Scar was the hero Predator. He helped the Human survive and had an honorable death.

And that brown version looks awesome.

Scar was the hero Predator. He helped the Human survive and had an honorable death.

Now don't get me wrong when I say this because I like Scar but he also got face hugged which gave birth to the Predalien which resulted in the demise of an entire scout ship worth of Pred crew.

I know a lot of people's defenses are that he would have gotten himself treated once he completed his mission and headed back onto the mamaship. But I always believed that a true Pred mentality would have believed that getting face hugged and having an alien embryo growing inside you would be considered a huge disgrace and dishonor and not knowing the true outcome of the mission, Scar really should have blew himself up upon regaining consciousness.

since when is it the predators job to help humans?! that whole "bonding" crap between Alex and Scar was horrible, twilight type horrible, where a hunter befriends the prey! that explains the pg13 rating

as for his honorable death, after getting facehugged an honorable character would take himself out with the antagonist, Scar doesnt do that, he acts like nothin is wrong until he's killed by the queen. if they wanted to make him "honorable" he would've self destructed himself and taken the queen out with him. but then how would his new BFF survive and give their pg13 audience the sappy ending?

Or seppuku. Cut the little sucker out, break its neck, die with honor. The warrior's way. :D

that would require a character to be honorable and fearless, did you see the look on scar's downsyndrome face when he saw the queen?! looked like he pooped his pants. a character like that would never think past their own cowardly self. scar was preoccupied with his manhood ritual and couldn't see past that, despite how wrong things had gone. their training was suppose to be take place in a controlled environment, but once things went haywire none of em knew what to do, heck they could barely function without their canons. scar puts the canon on and suddenly he's mr macho. sorry, i can't respect a character like that, let alone consider him a "hero".

Instead it was the other way around. One Alien ended up killing 2 Predators. AvP was a sad day for Pred fans. At least ADI brough us some neat designs with Celtic and Elder's bios. Oh and the Ancient Pred bios were pretty awesome too.

First off, I'd like to say you all are a bunch of whiny Predfanboys. :lol
No offense though.

Now don't get me wrong when I say this because I like Scar but he also got face hugged which gave birth to the Predalien which resulted in the demise of an entire scout ship worth of Pred crew.
He was convinced he had the time to make it back, and if he didn't..I'm sure he would have honorably killed himself.

The Predators on that ship needed to ____ing die.
They were stupid as ____. Well, not really..the Strausetards are, though.

I know a lot of people's defenses are that he would have gotten himself treated once he completed his mission and headed back onto the mamaship. But I always believed that a true Pred mentality would have believed that getting face hugged and having an alien embryo growing inside you would be considered a huge disgrace and dishonor and not knowing the true outcome of the mission, Scar really should have blew himself up upon regaining consciousness.
Not really. He knew he was a badass, he was going to fight until the end.
These Predators were more on the Warrior side rather than Hunter side..also.

Scar showed incredible skill, foreshadowing every attack against him..very smart, very agile, a very good warrior/hunter. He was young, he had earned his right to live (Predalien burster in him or not), and he was going to live.
Or, you know, maybe he knew he would die anyway..and just wanted to make it back to the ship before he did, wanted to take out the Aliens and make his clan proud.

Who knows, but Scar was a badass.

since when is it the predators job to help humans?! that whole "bonding" crap between Alex and Scar was horrible, twilight type horrible, where a hunter befriends the prey! that explains the pg13 rating
Oh get over it. It wasn't anywhere near Twilight levels.
It's an awesome idea that Anderson (or whoever) stole from an incredible Aliens Versus Predator book, AvP: Prey.
But like most things in the movie, it definitely could have been handled better.
And the Humans were not the Predators' prey in this movie.

as for his honorable death, after getting facehugged an honorable character would take himself out with the antagonist, Scar doesnt do that, he acts like nothin is wrong until he's killed by the queen. if they wanted to make him "honorable" he would've self destructed himself and taken the queen out with him. but then how would his new BFF survive and give their pg13 audience the sappy ending?
That makes no sense. If he had used the wrist bomb (WHICH HE NO LONGER HAS) on the Queen, it would have taken out the Human girl that proved herself worthy, who he helped survive, and it would have taken out his entire clan.... :slap

Very honorable indeed.

that would require a character to be honorable and fearless, did you see the look on scar's downsyndrome face when he saw the queen?! looked like he pooped his pants. a character like that would never think past their own cowardly self. scar was preoccupied with his manhood ritual and couldn't see past that, despite how wrong things had gone. their training was suppose to be take place in a controlled environment, but once things went haywire none of em knew what to do, heck they could barely function without their canons. scar puts the canon on and suddenly he's mr macho. sorry, i can't respect a character like that, let alone consider him a "hero".
He blows up the entire place, of course he's going to look surprised when the ____ing Queen pops out of the ground.

And nope, he was a badass before he put on the Caster. Using his great skill and tactics to defeat his prey. Pretending to be a statue, silently taking out the Humans to retrieve his Casters..etc.

one on one a predator should be able to kill an Alien no problem.
Depends, are they Unblooded on their first Xenomorph hunt?
Then no.

That's one thing Anderson got pretty right, the power level of the two.

Instead it was the other way around. One Alien ended up killing 2 Predators. AvP was a sad day for Pred fans. At least ADI brough us some neat designs with Celtic and Elder's bios. Oh and the Ancient Pred bios were pretty awesome too.
It was't the other way around. Yes, Grid killed two Predators..but throughout the whole thing, they were pretty equally matched.

I would have made Celtic actually do somthing when Grid jumped out of the net onto him, instead of just laying there wiggling around..

I didn't like how the weapons were so full of inconsistencies. Why would Celtic's wrist blades and armor melt while Scar's spear and ceremonial dagger wouldn't?

And as for equally matched, Grid killed off 2 Preds in like 5 minutes. Not really. Grid was just spawned and although Celtic and Chopper are unblooded rookies, but they wouldn't be worthy for the candidacy of blooding without being properly trained. I doubt a Pred clan would give any idiot Pred that can hold a spear the right to the ritual. They should have extensive knowledge of their prey and of the testing area. (Hense none of the Preds ever got lost in the labyrinth)

And I have to agree on not liking how Scar's face looked. He really did look doofy at least compared to his predecessors and even Wolf after that.

Not to mention that Preds live longer than humans. An unblooded Pred could be as old as 50 years of ages if not older. And with their lifestyles of constant hunting and fighting, I don't think Anderson got the power levels of the Preds right at all. Not even close. I agree with Denger that a Pred should be able to rip a Xeno to shreds one on one.

I didn't like how the weapons were so full of inconsistencies. Why would Celtic's wrist blades and armor melt while Scar's spear and ceremonial dagger wouldn't?
Because for Unbloodeds, some armor/weapons are acid proof and some aren't? :dunno

And as for equally matched, Grid killed off 2 Preds in like 5 minutes. Not really. Grid was just spawned and although Celtic and Chopper are unblooded rookies, but they wouldn't be worthy for the candidacy of blooding without being properly trained. I doubt a Pred clan would give any idiot Pred that can hold a spear the right to the ritual. They should have extensive knowledge of their prey and of the testing area. (Hense none of the Preds ever got lost in the labyrinth)
Yes, Grid killed off two Predators very quick. What's your point? He could have killed a hundred of them and they still could have been equally matched.

Their deaths had nothing to do with their physical skill/physical training.

Chopper wasn't paying attention, and that is why he failed. Celtic was obviously trained, things just didn't go his way.

Of course you could say that Anderson made them that way on purpose because he favored the Aliens, but that wouldn't be true now would it? It is not true because Scar took out SEVERAL Aliens. Alien fan's worst nightmare right?

And I have to agree on not liking how Scar's face looked. He really did look doofy at least compared to his predecessors and even Wolf after that.
I like Scar's face, but I agree that it doesn't compare to any other Predator design out there.

As for your latest post, you need to understand that these are Xenomorphs. Not Ladybugs. They might have trained for decades, but with Xenomorphs you just don't know.
They are their most deadly prey.

Back