Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i see what dedguy is saying but i would guess that the mk3 served as inspiration, i dont think the mk3 chasis was used and built upon, new suit with mk3 influence

I just hope they make a Loki. They should have made him alongside Thor and Odin, so I'm hoping for some Loki action

I don't like the mis-matched modern sports and military gear crossed with WWII stuff with a bit of belt mummy sprinkled on top look that he had in his flick.

What do you mean about disliking rubber suits? It looks like a cloth costume to me in Avengers. The only thing I don't love about the Avengers costume is the blue belt and pouches. It really really should be black.

I think I said before here… or at least have said elsewhere I like the shape of the boots and gloves and how they give the same feel as the stage costume/comic costume while looking somewhat utilitarian and modern.

0816-chris-evans-captain-america-avengers-13-480x720.jpeg

I take it back about it looking like rubber. in some shots, it does look like a rubber suit, but in that one, it looks more like cloth.
I do like the look of it more there, than in the earlier ones in the thread where he appears injured.

I just hope they make a Loki. They should have made him alongside Thor and Odin, so I'm hoping for some Loki action

Agreed! May be why they skipped doing him for the Thor line was because they would be doing him for this movie.

That has nothing to do with it though. It was only the element that was a triangle and the plating on the Mark VI. So them using the circular plating on the armor is nothing more than them going back to a classic Iron Man look. If this was built off anything it was probably the Mark IV as I doubt they'd have stark go all the way back to the Mark III from the first Iron Man film to build a new suit off of.

Then why was it triangular in the first place? The fact that the Mark IV needed to be retrofitted to work with the new arc implies that there's a reason the aperture for the RT needs to be triangular.

I'm just a believer in all the Iron Man designs being motivated and not being "just because" based on everything I have seen and heard from the designers on the films. This also goes for the mk7 being based on the mkIII visually speaking. If it is, it is for a reason.

Then why was it triangular in the first place? The fact that the Mark IV needed to be retrofitted to work with the new arc implies that there's a reason the aperture for the RT needs to be triangular.

Why was the plating triangular or why was the element? I think the triangular plating was a nod to the Extremis armor to be honest. As far as the element being triangular I think it was nothing more than do something different for the movie.

I'm just a believer in all the Iron Man designs being motivated and not being "just because" based on everything I have seen and heard from the designers on the films. This also goes for the mk7 being based on the mkIII visually speaking. If it is, it is for a reason.

I think some things are done for one reason or another, others done for story reasons, and some just done because they think a design looks cool.

Last edited:
They may start from a point of "we should do a triangular chest aperture" but then it's also supported by the plot of the film. Much like how they justified the gold on the armor to begin with. Anytime there's any drastic change from one design to a next, it's motivated by the plot.

or because its a movie and you have different teams working on each film and they all want different things done their way, and most the time the plot halfasly explains things, but ignor everything and drum up another argument, itsnot like tony stark is real or these suits actually exist so why do you feel that everysingle one of tonys thoughts needs to be explained ??

something i want to add...for this hulk, i finally can see the actor that is playing him. both 'hulk' and 'incredible hulk', i always had a hard time identifying him or see certain characteristics of the actors face on hulk.

was it just me? or did everyone here see bana or norton in the previous movies?

anyway, just wanted to share that.

I am starting to wonder if the Mark VI is at the beginning of the film before we see the Mark VII. That would give them an excuse to sell an Avengers version Mark VI

In the Art of Iron Man 2 (P. 39) Ryan Meinerding was quoted saying, "The triangle RT was important because Tony's been getting sick over the course of the film because of his RT. He needs to develop a new RT, and they wanted a very clear explanation for what the new RT would be. Switching it from circle to triangle just seemed to make the most sense. And it was the most iconic thing we could think to do. So when he starts off the movie, he's in that suit with the circle and then when he actually make the new RT, he replaces it and changes the suit at the end."

I think the designers made it triangle to make it obvious to movie viewers that, "hey, this suit is somewhat different and better" while giving a nod to the Silver Centurion armor. I'm sure you've seen in the comic books that armor designs constantly go back and forth between triangle and circle so if there was a reason that one shape was better than the other then wouldn't he stick with it? Maybe circles produce a more stable and balanced unibeam while triangles are less stable but higher output?

Yeah I dig the fairly comic-inspired SHIELD uniforms he and the agents have. I'm hoping Coulson ends up in a SHIELD uniform at some point. It's pretty awesome that they managed to create such a great new character for the films.

I am starting to wonder if the Mark VI is at the beginning of the film before we see the Mark VII. That would give them an excuse to sell an Avengers version Mark VI

I hope not. HT has already done a Mark VI and they'll have plenty of other character's and costumes to draw from in this film rather than revisiting something they've done already. I'll bit on the Mark Vii for sure but another variant would be hard to swallow.

I wouldn't care. It's not like I have to buy it and I wouldn't. I want my Mk IV and VI to match.

I hope not. HT has already done a Mark VI and they'll have plenty of other character's and costumes to draw from in this film rather than revisiting something they've done already. I'll bit on the Mark Vii for sure but another variant would be hard to swallow.

Another Mark VI would be an easy pass for me. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they did it. They just sell the exact same figure with a different stand and I bet a bunch of people will jump at it, just not me.

I gots no problem with that. Especially if it's mostly a simple re-release. No "precious" R&D and manufacturing slots taken up and it gives people who missed out a second shot. Kind of like the Mark IV re-release with the Gantry.

I wouldn't mind having a new Iron man HT from Avengers but I really want Hulk, Hawkeye, Thor and Cap aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back