Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cap will be 2013 as well, Thor and Iron Man VII (maybe VIII) will all be out this year because next year Hot Toys will be wanting to sell Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 figures.

Here's my predicted release/announcement order

1. Nick Fury
2. Hulk
3. Iron Man mVII
4. Thor
5. Hawkeye
6. Captain America
7. Black Widow
8. Loki
9. Iron Man mVIII
10. Mystery Villain[/QUOTE]

Avengers will need to be the biggest blockbuster of all time for HT to release no less than 10 figures from it over 2 years.

I'm betting on Hulk and a new Iron Man figure hot out of the release gate, because those will sell independent of the movie's fortunes and are safe bets, and I'm guessing Loki will be sooner as he spans 2 films and was already popular in one. For the rest, I'd expect HT will wait and see how the film is received.

I'd guess Loki won't be out this year, he already has one from Thor coming out this year.

Nick Fury, Hawkeye and Widow are figure that Hot Toys could make with their eyes closed so i'd assume them to be filler figures in the line.

I really don't get why anyone thinks they won't do the big three first. It would be shocking if it was anything other than Iron Man, Thor, and Cap in whatever order they want with those three.

Not so sure on anything past IM, Thor and Cap. BW very likely...see how the film does and how HT sales are for characters beyond these

I think Mark 7 will be announced just after the Mark 1 2.0 has been released.

I imagine Iron Man will be first.

I'd be shocked if we saw an Avengers Cap this year, unless USO Cap get pushed back.

And IF we see an Avengers Loki, it won't be til next year.

After Iron Man, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fury, Hawkeye and Hulk. And maybe Black widow. She is climbing in the secondary market, so it makes sense to put her out.

Of course, this is just another opinion of someone who has NO clue what they'll actually do! :dunno

Hasbro figs might give us a good idea how these will look like

4f19e22541bff.jpg

Last edited:
That is assuming that HT goes that deep into the line. Let's imagine 2 figures a quarter starting in Q3 of 2012 we are talking a couple of years before they'd get to them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back