Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Avengers Hulk design is the first one that looks like The Hulk to me. The previous ones have just looked like big green dudes. A lot of it has to do with the face. He has that blocky head with the small nose, wide set eyes, and big mouth.

I agree, I liked the other Hulk films (I'm a Hulk obsessive down to having a massive tatoo of him on my forearm as my only visible tatt) but to really look "right" he needs the big top lip & small nose.

I'm so excited about a Hot Toys Hulk, I have dozens of Hulks and now I collect pretty much exclusively Hot Toys figures.

I'll get him no matter what (even if he's $750) but I hope he's nor rubber, I want him to last forever!!!

Little over 4 months til release. Hope we get an avenger hot toys before movie is out

Little over 4 months til release. Hope we get an avenger hot toys before movie is out

Doubt it. The new black Spiderman isn't due out till August (or so says my UK dealer) and that's a figure that's been announced and previewed. Doubt we'll get any Avengers figures till around that same time

Fair shout i would be happy with at least an announcement and photos of a couple

Doubt it. The new black Spiderman isn't due out till August (or so says my UK dealer) and that's a figure that's been announced and previewed. Doubt we'll get any Avengers figures till around that same time

August?

My preorder on sideshow has the final flex payment as May 15. And that usually coinsides with the ship date. ( of course I know everything is subject to change )

August?

My preorder on sideshow has the final flex payment as May 15. And that usually coinsides with the ship date. ( of course I know everything is subject to change )

Like I said that's what my UK dealer has him set for :)

Considering the price of Sully from Avatar and Iron Monger - if they make Hulk he's going to be pretty pricey. But the fact that those 2 figures exist means Hulk isn't out of the question.

The only thing making me think the Hulk might be a bit cheaper would be the total lack of much in the way of accessories, clothing, or complexity. Could just be that they give him diorama stuff though for accessories.

The thing is that like Jake Sully and Iron Monger, The Hulk would require all new tooling. He would most likely be done similar to Hellboy where there was a specialized skeletal TT that has a rubber body put over it to achieve the look. Most likely that kind of thing will translate into cost for us and I fully expect him to be fairly up there in comparison to the other Avengers.

Considering the price of Sully from Avatar and Iron Monger - if they make Hulk he's going to be pretty pricey. But the fact that those 2 figures exist means Hulk isn't out of the question.

A quality 1/6 Hulk is missing from everyones shelf. I'm sure he will be be $250 will sell and be worth it.

The thing is that like Jake Sully and Iron Monger, The Hulk would require all new tooling. He would most likely be done similar to Hellboy where there was a specialized skeletal TT that has a rubber body put over it to achieve the look. Most likely that kind of thing will translate into cost for us and I fully expect him to be fairly up there in comparison to the other Avengers.

God I hope HT doesn't utilize a rubber body. I don't want any risks of my Hulk figure's skin cracking, tearing or rotting after a few years.

I doubt they'd do a rubber bodied Hulk. They seem to have totally stopped doing rubber bodies like that and it would weigh a TON. You could concuss someone easily with Hellboy and The Hulk would be much larger.

My point is yes, blue cat dude and Iron Monger required new tooling but they required a lot more of it. Iron Monger has more pieces than I can count and the cat has all sorts of little trinkets, clothing, armor, and weapons. The Hulk would be like 20 molds tops. Not the 100 or whatever needed for all the parts on Iron Monger.

I really have no idea for sure. All I know is that in theory The Hulk while of similar size to the Iron Monger is a vastly simpler design to execute as a figure.

I also doubt that Hulk will have a rubber body, yes weight will be an issue but also the detailing and paint up of the body. I'm not a fan of showing joints on my figure but HT has a good design team and ways of hiding joints with ripped clothing and such. I do know when they finally get around to making him I may order two, one for my Avengers display and one for my Hulk vs Wolverine display...I can dream.
I also thought about looking into the 3 3/4 scale Marvel figures for Wasp and Ant-Man, I ready have them from the old Marvel Legends figure but their look kind of crappy. If they end up in the movie it would be nice for HT to throw them in with another figure.

A quality 1/6 Hulk is missing from everyones shelf. I'm sure he will be be $250 will sell and be worth it.

$250 is very optimistic I fear, I'd be extremely happy if that was the case but I collect Hulk figures and a Hot Toys one would be the ultimate, I'd pay twice that for him if I had to.

I hope the Hot Toys Hulk from the Avengers is so popular they go back and do 2003 and 2008 movie versions too! I'd get them all in a heartbeat.

I would never let HT know this, but there is no price limit for me on a well executed 1/6 Hulk figure

I feel exactly the same, I can't even afford to buy Captain America yet but if the Hulk came out I'd do anything to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back