Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep saying that to make yourself feel better.

https://goo.gl/images/sd3X4y

https://goo.gl/images/kNmKUy

Just because you haven’t seen one didn’t mean you can’t.

I am getting both. Hb1.0 still the centrepiece.

I always find it funny when people don’t own a figure and comes up with arguments why it sucks. Is it a self comforting issue ?
I love all the HT figures. Will be getting both hulkbuster.

I could only see the first picture. The second one didn't open. The first picture looks just like every HB picture I see posted. The figure standing with both hands basically at the sides. I don't get that I said the first figure sucks. If I wanted the first figure I would have gotten it. I bought 50 figures from 2013 to now. You might think Hulkbuster is some unattainable figure for others but it's not.

I also don't buy figures to play with like certain people so extra articulation would be unused by me. A power pose fits my needs.

I'm surprised they went PP. I'm fine with it if that is all they do. I'll get it if they don't do an MMS.

6 points of articulation ( details say arms, waist, head ) I would guess are

1 right wrist
2 left wrist
3 Head
4 Waist
5 right arm ( at shoulder )
6 left arm ( at shoulder )

@ 2 inches shorter than Mark 1 also

And at @ $400-500 price point, that does make it attractive

Keep saying that to make yourself feel better.
I always find it funny when people don’t own a figure and comes up with arguments why it sucks. Is it a self comforting issue ?

Kind of like the people who drop cash on a figure and then feel compelled to defend any and all shortcomings?
giphy.gif

Look, I love my HB 1.0. But it is a very large, very heavy figure, with some very stiff joints, all of which leads to a feeling of more risk than most people are willing to take with their $800 figure, re: extreme poses. So it becomes less about whether the figure is capable of extreme poses, and more about whether its even realistic to use them.

And both of those pictures you posted are only "extremely" posed from the waist up. In both shots, the legs are still fairly locked into standing position. Additionally, the second one with the Hulk almost certainly has some additional support helping out (tethered to the wall, for instance).

Suggesting that some figures can't quite achieve as much articulation as others is not the equivalent declaring it sucks. It's observing a reality of the engineering/manufacturing of the figure.

I'm interested in Hulkbuster 2.0 but after the movie it doesn't really seem to be as prominent compared to Hulkbuster 1.0. This will probably be in my thoughts for a while at least.

I don't particularly agree with either statements of HB 1.0 being a must have or not have. To me it's just a hobby, and if money allows, I would get it . The realistic point of view is that HB 1.0 is a beast at its size, but requires a lot of work if you want it to look good in a set up scene. The legs can bend but not something you would expect from other figures, and at a certain angle you need a support to hold its weight, in this case the Hulk balancing it out carefully.

I currently have them displayed like this though:
Z0qqISB.jpg

lhxGMjq.jpg

Took some work but its doable, and I just like the massive presence it has in my room.

Wasn't getting this before it went Power Pose Series, not getting it after.

Hoping that is all they do for Hulkbuster 2.0, would rather Hot Toys get a lot of other regular releases
out instead of pulling all their resources into doing an MMS Hulkbuster 2.0.

Personally, the original is SO much better looking than this version, anyhow.

2.0 was used more than I expected. Like many of the characters it had it's moments. You could almost say the same about half of the other characters with that logic.

Kinda disappointed about the power pose, but they won't be making another so I might as well get on board.

Every description I'm reading says battery operated... Did I miss something?

I don’t see “battery operated” in Hot Toys’ description. Did I miss something too? It says LED light up... that doesn’t mean by battery. The pre-release pictures shows it has an AC line behind one foot. [emoji848]

2.0 was used more than I expected. Like many of the characters it had it's moments. You could almost say the same about half of the other characters with that logic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Actually glad this is power pose. I really just need him to stand there and look huge behind the rest of the Avengers. Making him half the cost is big plus. Nobody can tell if he is made of diecast materials or bubbles on a shelf. Only when you pick him up can you tell that. I think they wisely learned from their first Hulkbuster not everyone needed a full, all-out giant Iron man with all the bells and whistles.

Yup. Not sure if I'll pick it up yet, but I'm very tempted. When I first saw the pics, and people were wondering if it could be PP, I was hoping it would be, cause I kinda actually might want to pick it up. I really love the pose anyway.

Also if this is a plug in AC light up LED, that's another big plus, cause I think he would look cool lit up on top of the detolf.

Not gonna try and talk myself into liking the power pose. Passing on this one. All the money I was saving for this figure, I can now go spend on buying a Hulkbuster 1.0.

I don’t see “battery operated” in Hot Toys’ description. Did I miss something too? It says LED light up... that doesn’t mean by battery. The pre-release pictures shows it has an AC line behind one foot. [emoji848]

The A/C setup for their current display prototype is likely just for their display only.
As of right now, the final product won't have that option.
This is a screen shot of the specs from Hot Toys website:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Really prefer the ac power adaptor since its a power pose with some articulation. Hope HT reconsiders and go with the ac option.

Back