Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, the HB 1.0 has about as much realistic articulation as any of the power pose figures. XD

Move the arms, move the head, but everyone keeps their legs in the same position for fear of toppling.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So why wouldn't you just hope for improved engineering on the next Hulkbuster instead of preferring HT to just give up and make it static?
Dude, I'll buy the HB2.0 no matter what they do. I'm just saying I don't care if they make it less articulated and less expensive.

I have, probably, 150 figures. At the end of the day, there are only so many different poses you can put them in anyway.

Why not just buy statues then? To me it would be like going to a SS statue thread and saying "I hope this one is going to have articulation."

No, this is the equivalent of you going into the statues section and saying "I hope this statue comes with two extra swap out heads" and another person saying "No, I wouldn't use the alternate heads, I hope they just include a single one and lower the price."

PP is an existing variation on the figure format that we all already collect, in the scale we all already collect. So you can stop suggesting we all completely change our collection just because, in a very particular instance, we might be OK with something a little different.

Dude, the HB 1.0 has about as much realistic articulation as any of the power pose figures. XD

Move the arms, move the head, but everyone keeps their legs in the same position for fear of toppling.

Exactly. I own the HB 1.0 and its hard to pose.

No, this is the equivalent of you going into the statues section and saying "I hope this statue comes with two extra swap out heads" and another person saying "No, I wouldn't use the alternate heads, I hope they just include a single one and lower the price."

PP is an existing variation on the figure format that we all already collect, in the scale we all already collect. So you can stop suggesting we all completely change our collection just because, in a very particular instance, we might be OK with something a little different.

Not a great example. PP and articulated figures are fundamentally different. It’s not an “option.”

Also, I was speaking specifically to you, wondering why you don’t collect statues if you don’t care about articulation. It was a question.

I didn’t realize you were the representative for PP collectors.

Dude, I'll buy the HB2.0 no matter what they do. I'm just saying I don't care if they make it less articulated and less expensive.

I have, probably, 150 figures. At the end of the day, there are only so many different poses you can put them in anyway.

Some people buy these to actually play with.

If we're talking power pose like Red Snapper I would be ok (which has similar articulation to HB 1.0 for the arms and legs), but if it's like 42/46/47 where the legs are stuck in a static pose and don't move - no thanks.

Statues are far more expensive to buy than a PP figure. If I can get a great looking figure at half the cost and not even worry about thinking how to pose it, then why not? You can't get a lot of poses out of the 1.0 anyway, so what's the real difference? We get a "figure" of a cool new IM armor at what is hopefully less than half the cost.

I selfishly hope that it is not.

Surprised at the amount of people hoping that this is released as a PP. Defeats the purpose of these "figures" to me. Why not just look for a Hulkbuster statue if you don't want to be able to pose it?

I have Hulkbuster already. Would like to pose both but dont want to spend 1000.00. Pretty much the only reason. Normally prefer figure over statue.

Statues are far more expensive to buy than a PP figure. If I can get a great looking figure at half the cost and not even worry about thinking how to pose it, then why not? You can't get a lot of poses out of the 1.0 anyway, so what's the real difference? We get a "figure" of a cool new IM armor at what is hopefully less than half the cost.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if they do a PP figure in the same scale as the Hulkbuster it's going to cost about as much as a statue of the same size.

Also, I was speaking specifically to you, wondering why you don’t collect statues if you don’t care about articulation. It was a question.

I do also collect statues. However I didnt say I don't care about articulation EVER. I said it's not a dealbreaker for me on this piece.

I primarily collect 1/6 scale, and that's HT. Which means in order for me to have a figure that's in scale with every other figure in the line, I'm happy with whatever they offer. Articulated, power pose, statue, whatever fills that spot.

Finally, you seem rather put out here because some fellow collectors suggested they'd settle for or prefer something contrary to what you want, as if that has any bearing whatsoever on what HT will or will not produce.

Howard is not up in these boards balancing his business decisions based on our opinions. So why does it even matter to you if there are people here hoping for something different than you are?

We'll get what we get, IF we get it, and until we know what that is, it's just collectors in here expressing preference.

Finally, you seem rather put out here because some fellow collectors suggested they'd settle for or prefer something contrary to what you want, as if that has any bearing whatsoever on what HT will or will not produce.

Howard is not up in these boards balancing his business decisions based on our opinions. So why does it even matter to you if there are people here hoping for something different than you are?

We'll get what we get, IF we get it, and until we know what that is, it's just collectors in here expressing preference.

So you saying that you want a PP figure is expressing preference and me saying that I want it to be articulated is an attempt to determine the course of Hot Toys as a company?

:cuckoo:

So you saying that you want a PP figure is expressing preference

Not once have I said I would prefer a PowerPose figure.

and me saying that I want it to be articulated is an attempt to determine the course of Hot Toys as a company?

No. I'm saying that you're acting like these people stating "I hope it's a PowerPose" is going to cause it to be a PowerPose. This is a decision that's likely already been made at an executive level at HT, and them stating what they want, or you stating what you want doesn't factor into it. So perhaps you allow people to express their opinions without instead of criticizing their collection preferences or suggesting they go buy statues instead (which don't exist in this scale).

Yeah, that's a pretty adequate signature for your posts.

Did someone **** in your coffee this morning? :lol

This is a decision that's likely already been made at an executive level at HT, and them stating what they want, or you stating what you want doesn't factor into it.

I'm not sure why you keep explaining questions that no one asked. I'm fairly certain we all understand simple business practices. No one is here trying to impact the way Hot Toys operates.

So perhaps you allow people to express their opinions without instead of criticizing their collection preferences or suggesting they go buy statues instead (which don't exist in this scale).

I was simply asking why not collect statues if articulation isn't a concern. It's a valid question. I wasn't aware that it would be an affront to your very existence.

Yeah, that's a pretty adequate signature for your posts.

Very clever. You're rubber and I'm glue, eh? :wink1:

I was simply asking why not collect statues if articulation isn't a concern.

Because nobody is making a 1/6 scale statue?

There. And now we have officially come full circle. But please, keep us trapped in this perpetual loop of your poor reading comprehension, and ask again.

3gzgn5dF_400x400.jpg

Back