1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have almost 40 of these things and most don't look like a man would fit in them correctly but they all still look amazing to me.

I have almost 40 of these things and most don't look like a man would fit in them correctly but they all still look amazing to me.

I hear you subzro, and you are right the armored figures look awesome. And after all we are talking about 1/6 scale super hero figures. However most of the other Iron Man armors look like it is more possible for a person (however thin he may need to be) to fit inside. For instance in this photo (by Yoshi) of the only two Armors I own both suits look like someone could fit inside which I guess adds to a sense of realism that this new Iron Patriot doesn?t seem to have ...

Attachments

• 51AA57E3-359E-4800-8907-C23EC436EEE8.jpeg
    51AA57E3-359E-4800-8907-C23EC436EEE8.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 505
I hear you subzro, and you are right the armored figures look awesome. And after all we are talking about 1/6 scale super hero figures. However most of the other Iron Man armors look like it is more possible for a person (however thin he may need to be) to fit inside. For instance in this photo (by Yoshi) of the only two Armors I own both suits look like someone could fit inside which I guess adds to a sense of realism that this new Iron Patriot doesn?t seem to have ...

I have the same thoughts about this iron patriot and I'm not sure if it should be an issue or not. When you think about how far their tech has gone in the movie, it doesn't sound so absurd for a man to fit in there somehow and pilot it. Plus, it's not the first time we're seeing something like this, we're only talking about it because this is the most obvious case of proportion discrepancy. You can see this with the mark 4 as well (can't post picture so check the scene at the end of infinity war when he's looking for sam, he's unhelmeted there and you can get a better idea of how the proportions don't stack up).

I've been watching this convo and chuckling to myself in silence, until now... Out of all these movies over 11 years, all the imaginary characters using imaginary tech, I find it incredibly odd that you choose to draw the line of 'suspension of belief' at this of all things. I do understand what you're getting at, but it's such a pointless thing to gripe about given that these movies are like 90% cgi based on comic book characters... Maybe daytime TV or war movies are more your speed.

Last edited:
I've been watching this convo and chuckling to myself in silence, until now... Out of all these movies over 11 years, all the imaginary characters using imaginary tech, I find it incredibly odd that you choose to draw the line of 'suspension of belief' at this of all things. I do understand what you're getting at, but it's such a pointless thing to gripe about given that these movies are like 90% cgi based on comic book characters... Maybe daytime TV or war movies are more your speed.

I am not griping about the proportion issue DasMuse, I was simply asking if others were bothered by the proportions. You are totally right about these guys being comic book characters, I mentioned in my post that I realize that these are all fictional characters so I get that. And I acknowledged that I may be making too much of the issue. My main cause for hesitation about buying this figure is mostly because based on the pictures I have seen the Endgame Iron Patriot looks more like a robot than a man in a suit ...I have gotten past my one figure per character issue in this case 😁

I don't get why some of you care about man in a suit vs man in a robot. No offence. I think it will look a little bit better if the legs/lower half are slightly longer.

I don't get why some of you care about man in a suit vs man in a robot. No offence. I think it will look a little bit better if the legs/lower half are slightly longer.

Well, I?m not saying that it is a problem on the scale of climate change or anything like that. It?s just in my opinion I think that the proportions of a character that is supposed to be a man in a suit matter/are significant while the proportions of a robot can be much more exaggerated and not seem ?off?

The cool thing is there are current 3 war machines for sale/order. You want man in a suit you got the Mk 6; you want bulkier and more armor you got the Mk 4; you want the biggest weapons and armor for a the final boss fight you got the Iron Patriot.

I rather they go full out man in a robot and make the Iron Patriot taller.

Yeah, I remember when all the people complained because the Hulkbuster didn't have the correct proportions for a "man in a suit" and was mostly just a robot and--

Oh wait. That never happened.

Well, I?m not saying that it is a problem on the scale of climate change or anything like that. It?s just in my opinion I think that the proportions of a character that is supposed to be a man in a suit matter/are significant while the proportions of a robot can be much more exaggerated and not seem ?off?

The cool thing is there are current 3 war machines for sale/order. You want man in a suit you got the Mk 6; you want bulkier and more armor you got the Mk 4; you want the biggest weapons and armor for a the final boss fight you got the Iron Patriot.

I rather they go full out man in a robot and make the Iron Patriot taller.

I agree with both of you, IP doesn't look correctly proportioned but if you like the colour scheme and design it's not enough to stop you buying IMO

Yeah, I remember when all the people complained because the Hulkbuster didn't have the correct proportions for a "man in a suit" and was mostly just a robot and--

Oh wait. That never happened.

Yeah that never happened because it has been well established that the Hulkbuster is supposed to be a man in a robot. This Iron Patriot seems to reside in a less clearly defined area.

And even if ?all the people? don?t complain about something it doesn?t mean that some of the people don?t have the right to mention something about an aspect of a figure they don?t like or that gives them pause.

I agree with both of you, IP doesn't look correctly proportioned but if you like the colour scheme and design it's not enough to stop you buying IMO

Yes generalszabo in the grand scheme of things the proportions probably won?t be a deal breaker.

Also crankbaitJon made a great point. I think Iron Patriot would look amazing if it was a full on man-in-robot design like the Hulkbuster

As I am waiting for the HT version, I decided to paint a 10 dollar Target Figure instead. Everything here that is extra is 3d printed
11b059ac0629f4bffa65e1bd3d303be7.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
1c1db1d9b58e880dfb2528d29f51c26c.jpg

Last edited:
not on my list but to me, this EG IP is way more beefed up. i would think the lower half has the correct proportions for a man in a suit and the upper body is just bulked up (shoulders and torso armor) which messes with our perceived proportion. if you drew a line from the arms to the shoulders, ignoring the shoulder pads, shoulder height seems correct in relation to the chest. what does bother me with this though is the neckline and head sitting a little too high. it needs to be a little lower, a bit like the hulkbuster (only a bit) since this is like a mini WM "thanos-buster".

B3C2607C-6F09-4A82-AA79-C251EBDBE0B3-3483-000003365C01F3BE.jpg

As I am waiting for the HT version, I decided to paint a 10 dollar Target Figure instead. Everything here that is extra is 3d printed
11b059ac0629f4bffa65e1bd3d303be7.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
1c1db1d9b58e880dfb2528d29f51c26c.jpg

Badass, great job!!

Don?t get these points. Have you never wondered sometime in the past 11 years how Tony only makes missiles fire out of his arm when he wants to? They don?t just automatically fire when he high fives someone. If I recall correctly, the canon explanation is simply neural commands. Which is great (doesn?t suspend your disbelief farther than the MCU is justified in doing) and one of the only explanations that would make sense. Not only that, but Rhodey is freaking paralyzed. He?s already using neural prosthetics for his legs. This fits together like a puzzle. He controls the Iron Patriot's legs (and other possibly other limbs) through his brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not on my list but to me, this EG IP is way more beefed up. i would think the lower half has the correct proportions for a man in a suit and the upper body is just bulked up (shoulders and torso armor) which messes with our perceived proportion. if you drew a line from the arms to the shoulders, ignoring the shoulder pads, shoulder height seems correct in relation to the chest. what does bother me with this though is the neckline and head sitting a little too high. it needs to be a little lower, a bit like the hulkbuster (only a bit) since this is like a mini WM "thanos-buster".

View attachment 466098

Yeah thanks daverb82, I see what you mean. You make a great point about proportions particularly as far as the upper body’s is concerned. However one of my priamary issues is with the lower body/hip area and upper leg are being really narrow. But then again after the events in Civil War (as Ironmanconniseur pointed out) Rhodie’s legs are probably pretty skinny.

Either way daverb it’s probably not as off as I initially thought

Yeah thanks daverb82, I see what you mean. You make a great point about proportions particularly as far as the upper body’s is concerned. However one of my priamary issues is with the lower body/hip area and upper leg are being really narrow. But then again after the events in Civil War (as Ironmanconniseur pointed out) Rhodie’s legs are probably pretty skinny.

Either way daverb it’s probably not as off as I initially thought

no problem. yeah that's probably the case with his legs. hip is a bit skinny as well but i remember IM mk 46 initially having complaints in this case about the waist being too skinny too (prototype pics) but i think i saw BudgetStark debunking that once he got the 46 in-hand. maybe it will be the same here.

in any case, being scale figures, this needs to be humongous if my highlighted part is where the normal IM/WM figure would normally fall in and if HT wants to stay true to scaling...

9E7B042C-B84C-45F7-BAD7-2C448C0B4B96.jpeg
no problem. yeah that's probably the case with his legs. hip is a bit skinny as well but i remember IM mk 46 initially having complaints in this case about the waist being too skinny too (prototype pics) but i think i saw BudgetStark debunking that once he got the 46 in-hand. maybe it will be the same here.

in any case, being scale figures, this needs to be humongous if my highlighted part is where the normal IM/WM figure would normally fall in and if HT wants to stay true to scaling...

Yes, now that you mention it I do think I remember similar complaints about mk 46 being too skinny. I have the 46 and I don?t think it is too skinny in the waist at all.

As as far as this Iron Patriot is concerned it does seem like he should be pretty large. I?m not sure if you have seen this picture already but he does look like a huge figure in this guy?s hands ...

Back