1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, they haven't made a plastic War Machine in years now. They're not going to start again now.

The main reason I thought it would happen is because as far as I knew, they hadn't done a diecast figure this big until now (The whiplash MK2 slipped my mind). Seems to me this suit is probably most comparable in size to the Mark 25 or 35, which were plastic and power pose respectively.

The other reason was the way this figure looked displayed at comic con. The pose was pretty impressive to have been supporting the weight of a diecast figure (especially of this size), and the paint honestly didn’t look good enough in my eyes to convince me it was a diecast release. It looks more glossy than shiny, and reminded me of HPP releases.

The main reason I thought it would happen is because as far as I knew, they hadn't done a diecast figure this big until now (The whiplash MK2 slipped my mind). Seems to me this suit is probably most comparable in size to the Mark 25 or 35, which were plastic and power pose respectively.

The other reason was the way this figure looked displayed at comic con. The pose was pretty impressive to have been supporting the weight of a diecast figure (especially of this size), and the paint honestly didn’t look good enough in my eyes to convince me it was a diecast release. It looks more glossy than shiny, and reminded me of HPP releases.

The diecast suits are over 90% plastic so not much different than the figures you are calling plastic.

The paint quality has nothing to do with it being diecast vs plastic. If it did, you'd be able to immediately tell what pieces are plastic vs diecast on a figure.

The paint quality has nothing to do with it being diecast vs plastic. If it did, you'd be able to immediately tell what pieces are plastic vs diecast on a figure.

Exactly it's like people deliberately convincing themselves of something that doesn't exist. Since the diecast figures are a mix of plastic and diecast the paint wouldn't match if it looked different when applied to plastic vs metal. We don't see that happening. We don't see mismatched paint on iron man figures. People just don't think.

I am really torn about this figure.
I can see why many on the forum don’t like the colors but I like it a lot and think that his size and colors would add a lot of visual interest to my collection.

Problem is I have a firm one version of each character policy (self imposed) and I am wondering if I get this Endgame Iron Patriot would I be somehow breaking my rule because I already have a War Machine (Civil War)? I realize that they are very different armors but it eats at me bk the same guy is inside both suits.

What do you guys think?

IMO if there is one character that you can justify getting more figures of, it has to be either iron-man or war machine. Think about it, they can be displayed as just the suits, nobody knows if someone's in there as long as they have the helmet on. It doesn't get more justifiable than this.

I'm still undecided on the iron patriot because I'm already getting the mark 4 and 6 which are the priority here and that thing on top of these would leave quite a hole in my wallet at that price point.

I honestly think you can't go wrong with the Mk 4 if you want an armor to just represent the character in a quintessential fashion.

This.

That’s not exactly what I meant when judging it by paint quality. It’s pretty clear to me when comparing a HPP suit to a diecast release that the diecast will always look better. I don’t know wether that’s because they put more work into painting more expensive figures, wether I’m simply looking at unpainted coloured plastic, or maybe the suits I’m looking at are just older. Whatever the reason, the glossy look of this figure reminded me more of my Mark 7 than my Mark 45. I guess that could even be down to how bright this colour blue is compared to the red they’ve been using.

That’s not exactly what I meant when judging it by paint quality. It’s pretty clear to me when comparing a HPP suit to a diecast release that the diecast will always look better. I don’t know wether that’s because they put more work into painting more expensive figures, wether I’m simply looking at unpainted coloured plastic, or maybe the suits I’m looking at are just older. Whatever the reason, the glossy look of this figure reminded me more of my Mark 7 than my Mark 45. I guess that could even be down to how bright this colour blue is compared to the red they’ve been using.

I agree with the old MK7 paint job but it depends on the figure. There are 100% plastic figures that look more a lot more metal than some 30% diecast figures. Most of the time my friends can't even tell what has metal in it without me telling them. I have aaround 40 of these things so i have a rather large sample size.

I agree with the old MK7 paint job but it depends on the figure. There are 100% plastic figures that look more a lot more metal than some 30% diecast figures. Most of the time my friends can't even tell what has metal in it without me telling them. I have aaround 40 of these things so i have a rather large sample size.

Fair enough. I see new releases a lot on display at my local comic store, but I only own two iron men so far so there’s barely any I can truly compare the looks of. Hearing that though, it almost makes me think plastic figures were a better option for their price alone, considering they look similar and spend most of their time in display cases anyways :lol

I’m still holding out hope that on release this figure has a deeper dark blue paint, and red circle LEDs on the chest.

As someone who owns 50+ iron man figures, I would have definitely preferred they were all plastic. The only difference is how the figure feels in hand. A heavier figure does have a more premium feel to it. But like you said, 99.99% of the time, these figures get displayed and are rarely handled. The extra amount they are charging for diecast is not equivalent to the extra costs put into it. Hot Toy's profit margins increase significantly with diecast. I love Iron Man figures so I end up buying them anyway regardless of price, but it they were still plastic - I'd have a lot more money left over to spend on other figures.

As someone who owns 50+ iron man figures, I would have definitely preferred they were all plastic. The only difference is how the figure feels in hand. A heavier figure does have a more premium feel to it. But like you said, 99.99% of the time, these figures get displayed and are rarely handled. The extra amount they are charging for diecast is not equivalent to the extra costs put into it. Hot Toy's profit margins increase significantly with diecast. I love Iron Man figures so I end up buying them anyway regardless of price, but it they were still plastic - I'd have a lot more money left over to spend on other figures.

:exactly: I buy most of them but the diecast really means nothing to me and the pure plastic ones are easy to put into a cool off balance flight pose.

i would have been as happy with plastic as long as the exceptional engineering is there, great details and sculpt, AND correct body proportions for a man in a suit although the nano suits can be an exception as they're more streamlined and body-fitting. maybe add some metal on the legs for stability though.

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 8.18.16 PM.jpg

Not sure if this was already posted or not but seems like it was there in a blink and you miss it shot.

I can see from every picture or/and video that the ancle articulation seems to be very limited. Something like Mark III Diecast where you could’t pose with open legs and have the feet soles touching with the ground. They upgraded it a bit for Mark II Diecast.

I hope HT improves that for the final release figure.

What do you guys think about it?.

TluIqw2.jpg

Really like this one, but it's a bit 'over the top'.
The first IP was perfect, and looked like something based on Tony's suit designs.
This one however looks a bit as if they've based it on a Michael Bay design.

A Michael Bay Iron Patriot...Transformers Assemble :) :)

I’m still on the fence with this new Iron Patriot. I love how heavily weaponized he is and I like his size and the colors but something about the body bugs me. As some people on this forum have pointed out previously, his proportions are a bit strange. He remind me of a Transformer or some type of robot, not a man in a suit. Something about the waist/hip area that looks too small for a person to be inside.

I’m just worried that I will get him on my shelf and the proportion issue will bug me and keep me from enjoying this figure.

Anyone else bugged by his proportions? Am I being overly concerned about an issue that is minor when considering the big picture.

I?m still on the fence with this new Iron Patriot. I love how heavily weaponized he is and I like his size and the colors but something about the body bugs me. As some people on this forum have pointed out previously, his proportions are a bit strange. He remind me of a Transformer or some type of robot, not a man in a suit. Something about the waist/hip area that looks too small for a person to be inside.

I?m just worried that I will get him on my shelf and the proportion issue will bug me and keep me from enjoying this figure.

Anyone else bugged by his proportions? Am I being overly concerned about an issue that is minor when considering the big picture.

Attachments

• B8CB1B9D-2443-4FDD-87A9-B08D243B40B1.jpeg
    B8CB1B9D-2443-4FDD-87A9-B08D243B40B1.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 228
Back