1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the price is high but I also feel like HT knows they only have so many suits left to do. They're releasing tons of Spider-Man figures now, which is easier on the wallet, but then you wind up buying 2 lol

I am really torn about this figure.
I can see why many on the forum don’t like the colors but I like it a lot and think that his size and colors would add a lot of visual interest to my collection.

Problem is I have a firm one version of each character policy (self imposed) and I am wondering if I get this Endgame Iron Patriot would I be somehow breaking my rule because I already have a War Machine (Civil War)? I realize that they are very different armors but it eats at me bk the same guy is inside both suits.

What do you guys think?

I can see why many on the forum don’t like the colors but I like it a lot and think that his size and colors would add a lot of visual interest to my collection.

Problem is I have a firm one version of each character policy (self imposed) and I am wondering if I get this Endgame Iron Patriot would I be somehow breaking my rule because I already have a War Machine (Civil War)? I realize that they are very different armors but it eats at me bk the same guy is inside both suits.

What do you guys think?

Well, this might be cheating but think of it like this. Iron Patriot was first introduced during the Dark Reign storyline which was originally published in 2009. Since then the Iron Patriot alter ego has been adopted by three people in the comics. The first being Norman Osborn, then after James Rhodes and Toni Ho. I'm not going to get into the specifics of it because you didn't ask all that, but if you need to do some mental gymnastics to convince yourself to buy this figure... just think of him as Norman Osborn and never use the James Rhodes head sculpt. :lol

I’m kinda in the same boat. I sold the mk3 for infinity war version though.

In my opinion the colors on this are hideous but otherwise it seems like a solid war machine or iron patriot. The reason I’m not getting it though is because war machine’s existence is barely justified in the MCU. He is a poor mans iron man with a big gun on his shoulder. Rhodey doesn’t bring anything to the table in terms of uniqueness to the role and responsibility of being an avenger. He’s barely more than a plot device. The reason I picked up the mk4 is because it has camo and it somehow suggests there’s a personality inside that suit. Honestly, if you just turned war machine into tony piloting the suit as a drone, you wouldn’t lose much. For that reason I refuse to buy more than one war machine (and I’ve stupidly had to sell multiple). This suit doesn’t even have any context behind it other than there used to be an iron patriot suit and then he just wears this one out of nowhere. He’s arguably the most wasted character in the MCU

What do you guys think?

Totally different colour scheme. It would be difficult if you had the original Iron Patriot. I go with the 1 fig/character too but I ordered both Mk4 and Iron Patriot. The designs are too good to pass.

Yes you are breaking your rule, but if you really like it enough to buy, then just do it.. Technically it is Iron Patriot, so display wise it's as different as having Iron Man and War Machine side by side (would be even more so if you had a more "Iron Man variant looking" War Machine, like the Mark II)

He's shall we say, rather not a fan of the Chadwick Boseman sculpt too..

Yes, you are correct. I was quite vocal about the downgrade in quality of the Chadwick sculpt. I thought the prototype that was shown off by JC Hong was fantastic and the final release was an absolute disappointment, since my purchasing decision was contingent upon a quality headsculpt that unfortunately was never delivered.

My harsh critique has always been based on the shoddy final product and nothing more. In fact, my post history will back that up 100%, so the fact that you seem to be insinuating more nefarious and/or bigoted reasons for me being critical of the downgraded headsculpt is not only patently false, but downright reprehensible and disgraceful.

And he's now on ignore. Thank you for sharing this.

I'm a fan of your posts, so I must admit that I do find it disappointing that you have decided to ignore me based on the mere insinuations of some random, ignorant stranger on the internet who does not even know me. I hope you reconsider your decision, but, hey, you do you...and at the end of the day it's not really a big deal, but I do feel the need to dispel any BS being propagated. :lecture

Relax big fella... I wasn't insinuating anything nefarious, bigoted, or reprehensible or disgraceful at all.. :whip only that it's not the first time the song has been on repeat over a number of threads... :lol

FWIW, now that I finally have it, (finally, finally, finally, after a long wait..) the sculpt isn't that bad in hand... it's far from perfect, but I could probably count less than 10 sixth scale heads that have been that fantastic from Hot Toys...

Relax big fella... I wasn't insinuating anything nefarious, bigoted, or reprehensible or disgraceful at all.. :whip only that it's not the first time the song has been on repeat over a number of threads... :lol

FWIW, now that I finally have it, (finally, finally, finally, after a long wait..) the sculpt isn't that bad in hand... it's far from perfect, but I could probably count less than 10 sixth scale heads that have been that fantastic from Hot Toys...

Well that's certainly how I interpreted your message, especially based on how you phrased it...and I'm assuming that's how TJ Duckett interpreted it as well since he blocked me because of your statement!

Cause otherwise what sensible person would ignore someone else just because of a difference of opinion on headsculpt quality...? :dunno

tbf with regards to the T'challa headsculpt, i'd be pretty pissed if i had pre-ordered that as well, esp. if there was an NRD upfront. but the final product overall is definitely not as distastrous as, say, the hulkbuster 2.0...that was just atrocious.

i can totally relate to that feeling of disappointment/anger,etc. because that's exactly how i felt when i saw the final product pics of TWS Cap. Man, talk about false marketing :slap The final figure proportions was such a far cry from the protos & convention pics that it's not even funny.

then again, i believe those are one-offs. HT's releases are , for the most part, spot-on or better than their protos. and thankfully, the market prices for HTs are relatively good so we can always sell off those figures we're not completely satisfied with at little or no loss.

Yeah think I will hope there will be a war machine in a future movie to get. I have been sitting here for half hour trying to decide. It's just too much.

Yeah think I will hope there will be a war machine in a future movie to get. I have been sitting here for half hour trying to decide. It's just too much.

I honestly think you can't go wrong with the Mk 4 if you want an armor to just represent the character in a quintessential fashion.

Yes you are breaking your rule, but if you really like it enough to buy, then just do it.. Technically it is Iron Patriot, so display wise it's as different as having Iron Man and War Machine side by side (would be even more so if you had a more "Iron Man variant looking" War Machine, like the Mark II)

Thanks for the perspective guys (kiwiatlarge, Iron Koob, CrankbaitJon, Garo) Again, one of the things I really enjoy about this forum is how helpful folks can be with information, advice and tips etc!!

I agree that Rhodes has been underdeveloped in the MCU and I did prefer the on screen dynamic between Terrence Howard and RDJ but I do like Don Cheadle and I really like this new Iron Patriot Armor so I am leaning toward getting it. But I am going to wait another day or so before pulling the trigger. If I do get it I will definitely have the helmets of both the Iron Patriot and War Machine closed in my display ��

Thanks again

ACG HK 2019

67297131_743737252726029_2602730544785522688_n.jpg

Back