1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These prices are insane -- and only getting worse. As long as folks are foolish enough to keep buying these over-priced figures, the cost will constantly go up. When they realize people will no longer get ripped off, and stop buying, prices will come down. So keep buying. Have fun paying $500 for a bare-bones figure in two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
These prices are insane -- and only getting worse. As long as folks are foolish enough to keep buying these over-priced figures, the cost will constantly go up. When they realize people will no longer get raped, and stop buying, prices will come down. So keep buying. Have fun paying $500 for a bare-bones figure in two years.

Settle down. The reality of the situation is what the market will pay. We have seen recent armors increase in value 200% in a very short period of time in the aftermarket. A lot of people are willing to pay hefty prices for these figures. The reality is the labor costs are going up, and even when you factor in all the costs, your still generally getting a better deal. I just look at what Sideshow figures offer vs what Hot Toys offers. Hot Toys takes more chances, better sculpts, better materials (Sideshow bodies are usually pretty bad.)

I agree these figures are expensive, but its becoming a more popular hobby, and the demand is increasing. Hot Toys can retain more, increase their profits, and also retain top-end talent.

You also have to consider that we're fortunate enough to have flexpay through SideShow, which makes paying for these figures easier to swallow. I'm certainly am more willing to pay >$400 for a figure over 6 months through smaller monthly payments compared to paying it all in one go. I would not have jumped into this hobby recently if I had to pay $250-$400 + shipping + tax in one go.

Better materials? Are you serious? Tell that to the people who have clothing and other things rotting on their HT figures, after only a couple of years. You can justify it to yourself all you want, but I've had my fill of HT for the most part.

These prices are insane -- and only getting worse. As long as folks are foolish enough to keep buying these over-priced figures, the cost will constantly go up. When they realize people will no longer get ripped off, and stop buying, prices will come down. So keep buying. Have fun paying $500 for a bare-bones figure in two years.

Please don’t compare the prices of dolls to sexual assault.

Back