1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 6 gray and silver Warmachine armors already at this point. I'm not heartbroken that this one isn't ALSO gray and silver. I think it looks good both ways, but even if the choice were presented, I think the blue and red are a nice change of pace. I like variety.

Some people out there only collect 1 version of each character, and so I understand the idea that this might be a disappointment for those wanting it to be their "one warmachine." But Hot Toys did put out five previous figures of Warmachine that meet that criteria for those collectors.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's a good way of looking at it. To be honest, I'm not that upset by the color scheme - I've got the first Iron Patriot, which IMO from a movie standpoint is more iconic. So for me, this one's being blue & red removes the temptation to get it. Given I've got the Mark IV coming this year, I'd have a hard time justifying dropping another $400+ on this character, especially with everything else I have on order / plan to order.

Does anyone know if this is coming with a full Rhodey headsculpt or face in helmet one? It's really hard to tell from the description.

Does anyone know if this is coming with a full Rhodey headsculpt or face in helmet one? It's really hard to tell from the description.
I'd say it's a good chance that the headsculpt may be a full unhelmeted one if they're going through the trouble to develop a new one. I'm really hoping!

Full sculpt since it's how he looked when the helmet was retracted back into the suit.

I don't have every war machine figure and I know I'm wrong a lot but I don't think hot toys has ever made a Don Cheadle head. I'm not even sure that hot toys has updated the sculpt very much from the first release. We've seen Don Cheadle a lot without the helmet on in multiple films and have still never had a Don Cheadle head. I'm not sure that that's going to change with this release but I hope so.

The description says "One (1) newly developed head sculpt with authentic likeness of Don Cheadle as James Rhodes in the movie" so I'm guessing they will include a full sculpt because that's what it sounds like to me... Unless that just means putting the same faceplate in the helmet for the figure... but if that was the case they'd probably just show it.

"One (1) newly developed head sculpt with authentic likeness of Don Cheadle as James Rhodes in the movie "

Yup, I'm in. If they do a concept version down the road I doubt it will come with the Head Sculpt.

Up on sideshow.... 469... not as bad as I was thinking.

Attachments

• A7420E0F-6D50-4034-87CB-862D093CEFAF.jpg
    A7420E0F-6D50-4034-87CB-862D093CEFAF.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 301
Back