1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanos looks much shorter than Hulk in the pictures where all three of them are looking straight ahead, then looks more in scale in the two pictures where he and AoU Hulk are standing in front of and facing one another.

Very cool review and collection. :clap

So if you want to swap the gauntlet out for a regular hand on his left arm, is the gauntlet two separate pieces then where the hand portion disconnects and you then simply slide the gauntlet portion off of his forearm?

Also before selling IW Thanos, make sure you sanitize the fixed-bent arm on the spot where the paint rub was at, where you licked your finger and tried to rub it off. :lol

YES to gauntlet question and yes I cleaned him up real nice lol. I kinda don't want to sell him but there's no way I have space for both. Having him in the center of the collection is better than having two I think.

Yeah, I’d agree with you. Characters that large I think is best to just go with what you feel the best representation is. I think sometimes less is more in a collection, and having multiples of a large character sort of diminishes the wow or intimidation factor for each individual figure, if that makes sense. Larger figures tend to have more shelf presence when you simply go with only one representation of that character, whatever you feel the best representation is. Not to mention they take up a lot of space.

I’m not sure if there’d be room to swing it, but I kinda like the idea of Thanos, Ultron, and Loki displayed on one shelf - all three Avengers villains.

I'd like to see a video where the arm is manipulated to see how far you can bend before its starts getting the weird rubber squash look.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think he has it right there at that exact position another cm and it would start bending.

At $400+ i am not even going to look for myself lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he has it right there at that exact position another cm and it would start bending.

At $400+ i am not even going to look for myself lol

Yeah, but there is bad and not so bad. I'll see it for myself in a month, but I'm just so curious. I'm sure there will be many ways to position him where the squash won't be too noticeable. Regardless, I'm gonna be happy no matter what. Hes a great looking figure and I passed up on the first 2 versions in the hopes of an armored with gauntlet version. Only thing missing is a throne. It was like each version was missing one thing I wanted, but this one came the closest

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I do agree with Iron Koob in his review where he says this figure may be one of those figures that actually benefits the most from a museum pose when it comes to having more shelf presence. Just sort of a stoic intimidation factor. Even a pose like this with the blade and no Infinity Gauntlet I think looks pretty formidable:

A2AF30E3-9F80-446B-BC8B-6673D6FEA030.jpg

Well his throne in IW was just a concrete slab and in EG rubble and rock.

So a throne is not necessary and besides sitting him down can mean only one thing.....damage!

No thanks he is standing lol

I do agree with Iron Koob in his review where he says this figure may be one of those figures that actually benefits the most from a museum pose when it comes to having more shelf presence. Just sort of a stoic intimidation factor. Even a pose like this with the blade and no Infinity Gauntlet I think looks pretty formidable:

View attachment 479006

/\THIS/\

With the Infinity Gauntlet, I think any of these subtle poses would look pretty intimidating as well. His opening scene reveal in IW when he turns around and begins walking forward menacingly (“I know what it’s like to lose...”) to me is one of the best introductory and chilling scenes for a movie villain ever:

72AC5695-A716-4357-B152-D92D87039F5D.jpeg
C7F15734-9367-42A4-8890-8A9DDBFAE19E.jpeg

Or I think it’d look pretty badass as well if you could get him to look like he’s walking forward a bit:

7A07C71C-7C44-426E-A8D0-41A20EFAC00D.jpeg

All you’d need for the next few steps is a Gladiator Thor body with an IW head for him to be holding/dragging in his free hand. :lol

Man I keep bouncing back and forth with this over battle damaged. I already have this one paid for and waiting for arrival... but I also have both clean and battle damaged Mark 85 and can't decide which to have. And no...I can't have it both ways...I've neither the room nor the desire to own both versions.

This one seems pretty spot on to me, despite the full gauntlet which is 'accurate'. The armor is kinda battle damaged already...but I think maybe the one thing I'm getting hung up on is the lack of nano gauntlet. Perhaps I could pick that up loose down the road.

That’s what Iron Koon said in his review on the last page, that this one in hand is already pretty scuffed up, so it’s not necessarily a “clean” version. The “BD” one is simply what his armor looked like after Scarlet Witch crushed it.

With the Infinity Gauntlet, I think any of these subtle poses would look pretty intimidating as well. His opening scene reveal in IW when he turns around and begins walking forward menacingly (?I know what it?s like to lose...?) to me is one of the best introductory and chilling scenes for a movie villain ever:

View attachment 479007
View attachment 479008

Or I think it?d look pretty badass as well if you could get him to look like he?s walking forward a bit:

View attachment 479009

All you?d need for the next few steps is a Gladiator Thor body with an IW head for him to be holding/dragging in his free hand. :lol

That would be epic

Thanos looks much shorter than Hulk in the pictures where all three of them are looking straight ahead, then looks more in scale in the two pictures where he and AoU Hulk are standing in front of and facing one another.

Yep I thought the same. Exactly why you can't really trust any photos of these figures. Lens distortion figure placement, angle etc all make them look different to in hand.

That would be epic

I really like the idea too of having him posed on the particular rubble base that comes with TDW LA Thor figure (the best Thor figure imo btw):

C16146FC-6A4F-4710-86DA-D7DC0B76F16F.jpeg

The problem is though I believe that base is a C-clamp stand which I presume wouldn’t fit around Thanos’ waist, nor would I want to do that in the first place. Perhaps the malleable pole by itself though can be manipulated in such a way to accommodate him.

Back