1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone think the extra head on the BD version that comes with the snap gauntlet option is wrong. He should be smiling not angry

Does anyone think the extra head on the BD version that comes with the snap gauntlet option is wrong. He should be smiling not angry

Yeah, I think this head would've been way better than the sad "defeated" option they chose.

avengers-endgame-thanos-snap.jpg

In a perfect world it would have both the smirking smug head, and the sad loser head. The angry head they've packed with all three IW-EG Thanos figures has gotten old.

Yep exactly. For me he's about representation of the ultimate Thanos. Others may want 100% movie accuracy, and that's fine. But this is the guy for me !

Yeah this is me. There?s no contest - it may not be the winning Thanos or screen accurate Thanos, but this is the ultimate Thanos.

Looking at the final product photos, it looks like they never updated to armor to be accurate to Endgame, but have instead used the Infinity War design. This can be seen primarily with the collar design. It's not a a major issue as it's not all that noticeable unless you are looking for it, but I'm finding that Hot Toys no longer really goes back and fixes their initial designs to make them more accurate to the final movie, despite the much longer lead times.
It appears as if the battle damaged version also has the same collar design as the Endgame armored version, but I actually think the neck armor is retractable in the movie, so it's not that hot toy's armored version isn't screen accurate to the Endgame armor, it's just that they made it so the neck armor is fully visible.....:)

It appears as if the battle damaged version also has the same collar design as the Endgame armored version, but I actually think the neck armor is retractable in the movie, so it's not that hot toy's armored version isn't screen accurate to the Endgame armor, it's just that they made it so the neck armor is fully visible.....:)

This.

Isn?t ironic that not only did they use the wrong gauntlet with this armored version , they also put it in the wrong hand :slap

I think for accuracy save your money and get the BD version :dunno

It's not on the wrong hand. The Infinity Gauntlet is always on the left. Nano on the right. He never had the nano-gauntet with the clean armor so I don't see anything wrong with it. I do agree the one it comes with is not accurate to any scene in either movie, but it would still be on his left hand either way... AND they could have not included ANY gauntlet at all and people would have still been angry about that too.

Isn?t ironic that not only did they use the wrong gauntlet with this armored version , they also put it in the wrong hand :slap

To be fair to HT, they most likely started designing this figure before the Russo's redid the look and placement of the glove.

I like it. It gives those fans like myself who want a version closer to the comics something to feel good about grabbing. I'm not a fan of Tony making his own gauntlet and I don't think it complements the Thanos figure at all visually. Cinematically, the best Thanos for me was IW Thanos but if I had been stuck with an armored up Thanos without the original IG and its cosmic design cues, I would look for third market customs to do the job because Endgame failed to deliver on that relatively small quibble. For once, (and by accident) Hot Toys gave us something we never got in film but should have.

If I were strictly a MCU representational scene-by-scene guy, I might be a little miffed we didn't get the screen accurate non-battle damaged armored Thanos just after receiving his Iron Gauntlet. For once, their mistake is my gain.

To be fair to HT, they most likely started designing this figure before the Russo's redid the look and placement of the glove.

Yes. I think if you check out the infinity war spoiler thread, maybe 6 months before the movie came out, there was a prototype hasbro thanos with gold gauntlet and with his blade vs iron man. That blade wasn't even in infinity war. I'm guessing hot toys had the same concept material to work with.

In terms of the Infinity Gauntlet, this was never meant to be film accurate. A clean armored version of Thanos never wields either gauntlet, so Hot Toys most likely thought they would include the original gauntlet-which was worn on the left hand-so that people could have a gauntlet anyway and an idealized version of Thanos.

Screw screen accuracy just give me a mostly clean shiny armored Thanos with his regular IG with all of the stones in it, Thanos at his most perfect form, done!

Why the hell would I want a beat up, losing, about to die Thanos on my shelf, pshh for what screen accuracy.

GTFO with that noise lol

I want the version that kicked Hulks ass on my shelf plus with some additional stones for added visual aesthetics to show power and perfection!

Hell i?ll even take an all nude Thanos wearing just his fully stoned IG, he don?t need no stinking armor when he has the IG.

Dr Manhattan but purple lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Screw screen accuracy just give me a mostly clean shiny armored Thanos with his regular IG with all of the stones in it, Thanos at his most perfect form, done!

Why the hell would I want a beat up, losing, about to die Thanos on my shelf, pshh for what screen accuracy.

GTFO with that noise lol

I want the version that kicked Hulks ass on my shelf plus with some additional stones for added visual aesthetics to show power and perfection!

Hell i?ll even take an all nude Thanos wearing just his fully stoned IG, he don?t need no stinking armor when he has the IG.

Dr Manhattan but purple lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly:I totally agree.....................................except for the nude Thanos part.:lol

Back