1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel kicked the **** out of Armored Thanos. This Thanos was a little too ambitious compared to the Thanos from IW given that there was almost a 9 year gap between them. Still getting this one though. Two different displays with Thanos as the center of the battle.

Both Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel kicked the **** out of Armored Thanos. This Thanos was a little too ambitious compared to the Thanos from IW given that there was almost a 9 year gap between them. Still getting this one though. Two different displays with Thanos as the center of the battle.

I'm super excited for both. They have such different looks that there are a ton of posing options with two and all of the accessories.
Spoiler Spoiler:

SW unequivocally did. Hands down. CM is debatable I think. After my first viewing I thought she was way too overpowered, but after my second, I didn’t think she was. Thanos punched her away twice: once bare handed before he put the gauntlet on, then again with the Power Stone after he put the gauntlet on and CM came back with her glow around her to try and prevent him from snapping his fingers.

Him tossing her aside the first time is what I didn’t recall from my first viewing, and all I remembered was him having to use the Stone in order to touch her because she put her shield up.

Well, technically 4 years:wink1:

Both Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel kicked the **** out of Armored Thanos. This Thanos was a little too ambitious compared to the Thanos from IW given that there was almost a 9 year gap between them.

SW and CM are the two (remaining) characters with Infinity Stone derived powers, not a surprise they had the best raw advantage

And 2014 Thanos is less traveled in this fight, but he is absolutely more ambitious as he saw his future and grew arrogant by his certainty at the inevitability of his victory, like he's just retracting steps he's already taken. And the stones are already collected this time, right there for the taking, its like all realities bend toward his own goal. Thor lost in IW by making it personal and giving one last speech instead of finishing it-
Spoiler Spoiler:

SW and CM are the two (remaining) characters with Infinity Stone derived powers, not a surprise they had the best raw advantage

And 2014 Thanos is less traveled in this fight, but he is absolutely more ambitious as he saw his future and grew arrogant by his certainty at the inevitability of his victory, like he's just retracting steps he's already taken. And the stones are already collected this time, right there for the taking, its like all realities bend toward his own goal. Thor lost in IW by making it personal and giving one last speech instead of finishing it-
Spoiler Spoiler:

Complete agreement with you. I mentioned EG Thanos was a little too ambitious...

Not to mention IW Thanos was mourning Gamora's loss so to him, he needed to win almost to the point where he knows he is going to win.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, when he declared himself inevitable and snapped his fingers without checking to see if all the Stones were there first, I was thinking to myself, “what was it you said earlier Thanos about being unsuspecting? That the arrogant never are?” :lol

And it completes the narrative nicely, that Strange foresaw the most vulnerable Thanos was a Thanos that has already won

Yeah, that’s an excellent assessment. Strange foresaw that the most vulnerable Thanos, would be a Thanos who already felt the game was over and that he’d won. Hence voluntarily giving him the Time Stone. He needs to win in order for him to ultimately lose.

So I took the plunge and PO’d this guy using $165 in RP from SSC. Figured it’s now or never with him, as I see this one increasing in price on the secondary as he seems to be the more popular of the two. Very excited to add the main villain to my MCU display. I’d put him with my AoU Avengers and GotG1 group.

So after my 3rd viewing i think they could really almost do another version with
Spoiler Spoiler:

Future exclusive :dunno

BD Civil War Cap had less noticable changes than this could

So I took the plunge and PO’d this guy using $165 in RP from SSC. Figured it’s now or never with him, as I see this one increasing in price on the secondary as he seems to be the more popular of the two. Very excited to add the main villain to my MCU display. I’d put him with my AoU Avengers and GotG1 group.

For what it’s worth I think you made a good decision by pulling the trigger on this figure. I have a feeling that in the future you would regret not picking this up, I think it is going to be a great piece to add to most any collection. I am pretty sure that Hot Toys will do a superb job on this version of Thanos and as you said this may be the last one they make. I can’t imagine how much these will go for once they sell out at online retailers and Sideshow ...congratulations!!!!

Wow surprised to see you sat on the fence for a bit before pulling the trigger on the definitive Thanos. I swapped my IW preorder for the EG one after 2 days of buyer's remorse. :lol

For what it’s worth I think you made a good decision by pulling the trigger on this figure. I have a feeling that in the future you would regret not picking this up, I think it is going to be a great piece to add to most any collection. I am pretty sure that Hot Toys will do a superb job on this version of Thanos and as you said this may be the last one they make. I can’t imagine how much these will go for once they sell out at online retailers and Sideshow ...congratulations!!!!

I can see scalpers easily trying to price it at the $800-900 range...possibly even $1k!

Back