1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Endgame Thanos is cool and have it on preorder ... but does he really need a sword... after all he’s got the Infinity Gauntlet......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Endgame Thanos is cool and have it on preorder ... but does he really need a sword... after all he’s got the Infinity Gauntlet......

I believe this time it’ll be personal for him so he may want to get savage and physical. Or when he has the sword he has no gauntlet

Could be some training hologram Thanos that they use to figure out how to beat him and Jarvis/Friday tossed in the sword for fun :lol

I begin to wonder if he just wields that sword because of his obsession with keeping things balanced. After all it is equal on both sides.

Could very well be, and this is definitely the Thanos every collector will want.

But... its still over $400.

Worse comes to worse, I'll pick up IW Thanos at a great deal when people start to unload him in a year to get this one. I will likely be able to score IW Thanos for well under $250.

Really? That seems a bit like wishful thinking. I suppose if someone's desperate to unload it. I don't know, I was thinking people might list him for $275, and even at that price they're taking a $100 loss on it. Of course if they put it up for bid with no reserve/minimum all bets are off.

Could very well be, and this is definitely the Thanos every collector will want.

But... its still over $400.

I'm going to watch the IW Thanos on ebay closely over the next couple months and see what happens to his price, then make the call on preordering. If there's the usual substantial drop in price in the initial few months, then I'll feel pretty safe about EG Thanos. It will also give me time to see if I like Thanos in EG better than Thanos in IW.

Worse comes to worse, I'll pick up IW Thanos at a great deal when people start to unload him in a year to get this one. I will likely be able to score IW Thanos for well under $250.

You should honestly lock up EG Thanos cause he will be the most sought after one and "definitive" one when it's all said and done. The last thing you want is to regret missing out on this bad boy, cause when he's all out you can guarantee he'll be flying close to 4 figures on eBay.

IW Thanos ended up being my first cancellation ever, so that's saying a lot! I've never canceled a figure in all my years of collecting Hot Toys! But I'm totally on board with your strategy of scouring the interwebz for a discounted version of IW Thanos...that's what I intend on doing myself. I will be astounded if I can't find it below retail.

Really? That seems a bit like wishful thinking. I suppose if someone's desperate to unload it. I don't know, I was thinking people might list him for $275, and even at that price they're taking a $100 loss on it. Of course if they put it up for bid with no reserve/minimum all bets are off.

Yeah, I agree, I think finding IW Thanos under $250 is gonna be a tall order. Even if you are able to secure that price, chances are it'll be a used one. I'm a unopened/new-only buyer when it comes to eBay, so if I can score close to or below $300 for IW Thanos, I will be very satisfied.

The perks to buying used is that you usually get the figure cheaper, and you generally get to see pictures of the figure you’re buying and what kind of condition it is in. Brand new, obviously there can be unknown potential issues with the figure.

But of course, brand new at the same price as a used one would always be the preference.

I’m thinking I might go the same route with Thanos though in waiting to see what happens with the prices of IW Thanos on the secondary.

The perks to buying used is that you usually get the figure cheaper, and you generally get to see pictures of the figure you’re buying and what kind of condition it is in. Brand new, obviously there can be unknown potential issues with the figure.

But of course, brand new at the same price as a used one would always be the preference.

I’m thinking I might go the same route with Thanos though in waiting to see what happens with the prices of IW Thanos on the secondary.

Another thing is you’re going to open it anyway. Used won’t make that much of a difference.

You should honestly lock up EG Thanos cause he will be the most sought after one and "definitive" one when it's all said and done.

You're probably right. But I want to see how IW Thanos fairs on ebay, and I want to see EG first before preordering Thanos. I have a feeling the movie will push me to preorder Armored Thanos.

Yeah, I agree, I think finding IW Thanos under $250 is gonna be a tall order. Even if you are able to secure that price, chances are it'll be a used one.

Oh, my guesstimate price is definitely for a 'used' one.

I have no issue with used as long as its in good condition. In fact, like SilverStar listed about, in general you're better off with 'used' for the discount you get and the knowledge of what's wrong with it if anything.

After seeing that the IW Thanos' light-up glove isn't very bright, and his rubber arms bend in weird ways, and the pre-bent arm has that strange looking mini-bicep, I don't think that figure is worth the retail price anymore.

It's a great figure but I could not imagine it selling out for awhile after it ships. A lot of figures that had a lot of massive hype are still available. They have not even started making it so they can easily do the classic Hot Toys thing and do a longer production run so there are to many.

It’d be crazy if all of the cancellations of IW Thanos triggered Hot Toys to slow production of EG Thanos, causing a short supply of the most sought after version.

It's Hot Toys they will make as many as they can and then release a exclusive with some major detail or outfit we have not seen yet (DX10 vs DX11 kind of thing). Until the movie drops we really don't know if this is even the only Endgame version we will get.

5b784fda5e89a664c4a69652e6da019f.gif

Back