1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is helmet removable?

PD1553942460nQ9.jpg

I just preordered Thanos at Pop Culture Zone. Rob is very responsive and provides very good customer service. So far I've had great experiences with PCZ and Timewalker but I order from them for different reasons. Both also double box for free.

Thanos is a huge figure but will definitely look awesome!!

I've seen that, but no official product photos shows his head without it so i was confused. Sorry.

Except the secret base photos where the 2nd sculpt by itself on a clear pedestal? They do show the helmet on both sculpts in the reveal pics. They probably just assume most people will keep it on.

55795261_2117454118323185_2244646489819185152_o.jpg

I'm definitely getting this figure but I don't think I'll preorder. I'm optimistic there will be enough upon release. I hope...

Seriously, you'd chance missing this guy entirely or paying significantly higher prices in the aftermarket for a "potential" deal to save $20 ? I don't expect a lot of this version of Thanos to be left at all, anyone who's anyone will want this version of Thanos. Even non Hot Toys fans/customers.

When i did a quick search a few days ago there were quite a few general toy sites with articles on this guy. So I think more people will know about him.

Don't risk it Wor Gar, maybe on other figures. But not this guy. It'll be the Shore Trooper all over. :rotfl

On the description it states One (1) helmet(wearable on head sculpt) so I’m thinking it can be removed by detaching it in half to switch out the different head sculpt.

Thank you. Last line, but answer is there :)

Seriously, you'd chance missing this guy entirely or paying significantly higher prices in the aftermarket for a "potential" deal to save $20 ? I don't expect a lot of this version of Thanos to be left at all, anyone who's anyone will want this version of Thanos. Even non Hot Toys fans/customers.

When i did a quick search a few days ago there were quite a few general toy sites with articles on this guy. So I think more people will know about him.

Don't risk it Wor Gar, maybe on other figures. But not this guy. It'll be the Shore Trooper all over. :rotfl

Could be wrong, but I think after this movie has been out for a bit, aftermarket prices on most if not all MCU figures will start to drop a bit. As these characters are phased out, interest may wane and prices could fall. May depend on choices for new incarnations of them if that is the plan. Certainly hope I'm wrong but...

Thank you. Last line, but answer is there :)

You’re welcome, I’m hoping to that it’s removable and we’re all not mislead with the wording of the helmet being (wearable on head sculpt) and the prototype pic of him holding the helmet just be for show. I’d like to have the option to pose without the helmet on too. [emoji3526]

You’re welcome, I’m hoping to that it’s removable and we’re all not mislead with the wording of the helmet being (wearable on head sculpt) and the prototype pic of him holding the helmet just be for show. I’d like to have the option to pose without the helmet on too. [emoji3526]

Not sure what your all worried about.
1). Secret Base figure pics show the same IW sculpts. One has the helmet on. One doesnt.
2).Description says as much.
3). Blogger photos show it off as a seperate piece.

They also did a removable helmet for Loki so it's nothing new.

Could be wrong, but I think after this movie has been out for a bit, aftermarket prices on most if not all MCU figures will start to drop a bit. As these characters are phased out, interest may wane and prices could fall. May depend on choices for new incarnations of them if that is the plan. Certainly hope I'm wrong but...

I agree. I guess no one wants to lose money on these high end pieces of art. So perhaps they may drop a bit but I doubt a lot.

In the end it's a demand thing. But im guessing the good/popular figures with more recent headsculpts should hold their value relatively well. Not sure what HT could do to improve the paint apps on the most recent sculpts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'$ been a Hell of a ride on the marvel wave of figure's. Those who have not been collecting will be playing catch up in evilbay aftermarket. I been very happy to play wait n choose favorite version'$ of beloved Comic hero's. We collector's who been in the loop know if going see more release's or to pass and not get hit with aftermarket price'$. I still only own 1 damn Ironman ha ha prob only own few suits in the end of my marvel collection. Not knockin anyone who went All in hall of armors filled with every diff suit. Just appreciate less is more when come's to collecting all the Avengers & J.L n and X men. Thanos on throne and this final bad @$ $! These too pricey 4 me to buy every version and picking my faves show your fandom love when all said n done. Not too mention collecting multiple line's is crazy to keep up in.

Yep I'm the same. I started with Star Wars and decided to also collect Marvel and DC to a lesser extent. (Just the Trinity)

I keep a strict rule of only one figure per character and choose what I think is the most iconic version.

Otherwise you can get in way deep if you are interested in multiple lines.

Not sure what I'm going to do after this stage of the Marvel films though.

Oh no I’m not all worried just hopeful, I forgot all about Loki’s removable helmet! Both versions of Loki from Avengers and Ragnarok had removable helmets and so did the Gladiator Hulk. I wonder which approach they’ll take as to having the helmet to be put on and removed? The first Loki and Gladiator Hulk how it was detachable in halves or the Ragnarok Loki that it just slips on over the head?

I might even display him without helmet. That sculpt is too amazing. Gotta have some time without.

But that's the cool thing with these figures and why I got into them. You can mix it up with different poses and looks. Not like static, even higher priced status.

Same here, I have a little bit of DC, MCU, Star Wars, Predators, and other movies outside the Sci-Fi as well...what ever catches my eye to add on the collection. Plus it’s always one of the first things my family, friends and my kid’s friends check out when they stop by. This Thanos is going to be the center of attention when I get him!

Could very well be, and this is definitely the Thanos every collector will want.

But... its still over $400.

I'm going to watch the IW Thanos on ebay closely over the next couple months and see what happens to his price, then make the call on preordering. If there's the usual substantial drop in price in the initial few months, then I'll feel pretty safe about EG Thanos. It will also give me time to see if I like Thanos in EG better than Thanos in IW.

Worse comes to worse, I'll pick up IW Thanos at a great deal when people start to unload him in a year to get this one. I will likely be able to score IW Thanos for well under $250.

I can see collectors who have the hot toys Hulk who get the Armored Thanos posing them to recreate the opening scene of Infinity War where Hulk and Thanos fight each other...:)

Worse comes to worse, I'll pick up IW Thanos at a great deal when people start to unload him in a year to get this one. I will likely be able to score IW Thanos for well under $250.

Yeah, as far as IW Thanos totally with you. I'd also bet he will be available cheaper in a years time when armoured Thanos comes out. Hell, possibly even this year before Xmas when all those shops will be trying to offload their cancelled pre-orders.

It's funny I didn't really expect armoured Thanos to also have the full light up Gauntlet and 2 headsculpts for pretty much the same price. I get the whole argument of the winning Thanos and losing Thanos. But that armour man ! I've done a full 360 and gone for the armour as my definitive Thanos with Gauntlet.

Could very well be, and this is definitely the Thanos every collector will want.

But... its still over $400.

I'm going to watch the IW Thanos on ebay closely over the next couple months and see what happens to his price, then make the call on preordering. If there's the usual substantial drop in price in the initial few months, then I'll feel pretty safe about EG Thanos. It will also give me time to see if I like Thanos in EG better than Thanos in IW.

These things never sell out anymore unless they make a neon tech Thanos. This armored one will be availble long after shipping, you will be fine.

Back