1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this shot!

Yeah I will probably pose mine in a similar manner with the helmet on and probably with the gauntlet on also ...those accessories are so nice it would be hard for me to not include them.

Wow he sure has great ?shelf presence? doesn?t he?

Yes definitely got shelf presence, I guess it was inevitable !

I just went and watched some scenes to get a better idea and here's what I noticed: first time we see the blade in the movie it looks to be the same size as the HT one. Check the size of his hand compared to the size of the handle when he holds it. The figure seems to have the same ratio.

Screenshot (214).jpg

But it could be the movie was a bit inconsistent with the size or maybe it's just the angle because it looks bigger in these next shots. Again, check the hand-handle ratio.

Screenshot (216).jpg
Screenshot (217).jpg

Not a deal breaker though. I'm aware that it be like that sometimes with CGI.

EDIT: sorry about the crappy quality and size of the pics, they looked better before uploading.

Is this the same size as the other 2 HT Thanos? Or are they all different? I heard someplace they were different sizes, that he had a growth spurt or something

Is this the same size as the other 2 HT Thanos? Or are they all different? I heard someplace they were different sizes, that he had a growth spurt or something
Same size as IW, but the GOTG is noticeably shorter. But that version came with a throne, so he is still a pretty big piece.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Which one do Marvel fans prefer as best representing the character?

I can't speak for the others but I wanted the GotG/AoU Thanos armor to stick through the series. It's the look that's most reminiscent of the 616 Lim/Perez look. MCU Thanos has had more screen time and accomplished more with the other two looks but I still prefer the original (small size, visible joints and all).

I prefer the original look as well, but as with just about all Hot Toys pieces, the quality of the newer figures are much better. GoTG is under-scaled and overall quality/paint is not as good as the new releases. The visible joints on GoTG thanos doesn't bother me as it allows me to put him in a seated pose without worrying about damaging the figure.

To me, this the closest we're going to get to a classic armored Thanos with gauntlet. I do wish the arm bend thing didn't look so bad, but overall this to me is the best representation of the character.

I agree totally.
Yeah, I had doubts, but I think you're right with this being the best version we might see. I'm sure that when we have him in hand, well be able to futz around with him enough to hide the arm crease. There are really only a handful of museum poses for this guy and having the arm bent is in mostly all of them! As we all start to get him in, maybe we could collectively send photos of how we dealt with the "issue". Maybe it wont even be that big a deal when we have that monster in hand

There is no other way.

You have only 2 choices.

Gauntlet pointed straight down to the ground in a very boring static pose.

OR

Bend the arm in a dynamic action figure pose and make the figure look like a $10 toy while 100% guaranteeing damage to the figure by wrinkling the arm material, paint rubs and eventual tearing.

Enjoy the figure lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no other way.

You have only 2 choices.

Gauntlet pointed straight down to the ground in a very boring static pose.

OR

Bend the arm in a dynamic action figure pose and make the figure look like a $10 toy while 100% guaranteeing damage to the figure by wrinkling the arm material, paint rubs and eventual tearing.

Enjoy the figure lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm. I was thinking about putting something soft like foam in the bend.. not sure how I was gonna attack it until I can actually examine for myself.

Back