1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the larger Ultron figure worth getting? Been thinking of representing all the Avengers movie villains. I have Thanos from IW and EG and will get Loki (hopefully with the TVA headsculpt) - that would leave Ultron. With them releasing that What If? figure I can't see them doing a new movie version any time soon. Perhaps not at all.

Pretty proud of this photo 😙

DSC_0343B.jpg

Is the larger Ultron figure worth getting? Been thinking of representing all the Avengers movie villains. I have Thanos from IW and EG and will get Loki (hopefully with the TVA headsculpt) - that would leave Ultron. With them releasing that What If? figure I can't see them doing a new movie version any time soon. Perhaps not at all.
Last I saw, one of my local comic shops was still sitting on one of those. I’ve always thought the red was a critical part of his look and with the lights off as they’ll almost always be, he just looks like a T-800. 😕

I have him and he is a cool figure, but in hindsight, I regret getting him. However, that’s mostly only because I paid full price for him, which I personally don’t think he’s worth now. The upside of having him though is, as you said, having all three Avengers villains represented, which I do.

If you can get him at a decent price, and I mean close to the $200 range, I’d say go for it. I don’t know how much he’s going for on the secondary though.

Oooof. I was looking at him at Toys Buying Agent - where I would typically buy my Hot Toys - and he's over $500. 'Brand new' condition, but still, probably too much based on the sense I'm getting from you guys.

Maybe I'll look again at that What If figure.....

He's not perfect but he has good presence. Here's my Villains shelf :) I also have Trevor but he's not really a baddie, so shares a shelf with Deadpool.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 69
My problem with Ultron is his paint is too flat. If you don't have the light up feature turned on, which I don't 99.99% of the time, it's really hard to make out his facial features and other details because of his flat color. He nedded a blackwash or something in all the little nooks and crannies to make them more defined.

Oooof. I was looking at him at Toys Buying Agent - where I would typically buy my Hot Toys - and he's over $500. 'Brand new' condition, but still, probably too much based on the sense I'm getting from you guys.

Maybe I'll look again at that What If figure.....

Yes, too much imo for sure. He was $400 something at retail and like I said, I only regret getting him because I paid that much for him, which in hindsight, don’t feel he’s worth now.

He's not perfect but he has good presence. Here's my Villains shelf :) I also have Trevor but he's not really a baddie, so shares a shelf with Deadpool.

Agreed, he can have a good presence. I have mine posed in a way with a hand gesture that makes it look like he’s talking **** (which he liked to do often in the film), and I think it looks pretty neat.

My problem with Ultron is his paint is too flat. If you don't have the light up feature turned on, which I don't 99.99% of the time, it's really hard to make out his facial features and other details because of his flat color. He nedded a blackwash or something in all the little nooks and crannies to make them more defined.
He is one of my favorite figures. I never even bother to put batteries in. I will probably get the what if one too.

Back