1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint on the gauntlet is not supposed to match his armor though. In infinity war, you can clearly see they're different colors.

Looking good man! Congrats on the purchase. Mine should be arriving in roughly a month. So according to you is the gauntlet paint app corrected so that it matches the rest of his armor?

Based on your pic it seems exactly the same, but just want your opinion.

Thanks!

I’m actually going to say yes, to my eye it looks like it pretty much matches the hue of the armor. I’m not sure if the figures when initially released had a different paint hue for the gauntlet or if it was just the lighting in the pictures people were sharing, but I seem to recall the gauntlet initially having more of a bronze hue than what I see now in hand. To my eye in hand it looks gold and matches the armor more so. However, it does seem to have a wash over it that gives it a bit more of a weathered look to it (particularly on the back of the hand) that causes it to ever so slightly darker than what the gold of the armor is, but the actual gold color itself seems to be in line with the gold of the armor.

CDB7D236-490A-4595-94F6-FDDB51C3AD23.jpg
7F5429B8-34BB-43B8-9E84-1E36AE06F6DC.jpg
C50E00B9-A715-4F7B-B370-A2E807F375A2.jpg

Thanks for providing those shots. Yeah, in some shots they seem to be a similar color, but in those photos you just posted I do see it being a hue darker...interesting!

Well I was actually trying to illustrate with those images that I feel overall, the gauntlet does seem to more or less match the gold of the armor. :lol

What it has imparted on it though that makes it look slightly darker, most discernibly on the back of the hand where the stones are placed, is a light wash that gives it a darker weathered look. The actual hue of the gold itself though seems to more or less match the gold of the armor, unlike the bronze hue that I seemingly recall the initial releases had.

Well I was actually trying to illustrate with those images that I feel overall, the gauntlet does seem to more or less match the gold of the armor. :lol

What it has imparted on it though that makes it look slightly darker, most discernibly on the back of the hand where the stones are placed, is a light wash that gives it a darker weathered look. The actual hue of the gold itself though seems to more or less match the gold of the armor, unlike the bronze hue that I seemingly recall the initial releases had.

That's good to know. I'm guessing HT fixed the 2nd batch, which is good. I always thought the original bronze hue was a bit too dark and matte in color.

So I received him today, finally. As everyone has been saying, the guy is a beast and has a lot of presence. There?s really not a lot of bad things I can say about it. The helmet goes on smoothly and doesn?t fit too tight, the waist joint isn?t as loose as I thought it was going to be as some people have been saying and he just overall feels very sturdy.

To start, I opted for a pose with the gauntlet based on the opening scene of IW when he turned around and started walking forward while giving his opening monologue. Not the best at taking pics, but whatever:

View attachment 488673

The main thing it seems you?ll want to be very wary of is some abrasion of the texture of the paint on the arm a bit around the inside of the shoulder area when taking out the arm at the shoulder socket, and around the elbow area when swapping out the regular arm gauntlet for the IG such as this:

View attachment 488674

I?m not sure how much was already there and how much was caused by me swapping out the regular arm gauntlet for the IG because I don?t see any paint transfer on the inside of the regular arm gauntlet, but regardless, you?ll probably want to try and mitigate any sort of friction caused by the gauntlets as much as possible, whether it be swapping or adjusting them while on his arm. When swapping them, you?ll probably just want to pull it straight out as much as possible with as less wiggle as possible.
''In time, you will know what it's like to own this figure.To feel so desperately that you were right to order it, yet to feel glad that you did, all the same.DREAD IT.....RUN FROM IT......Thanos arrives at your doorstep, all the same.''.......:)

''In time, you will know what it's like to own this figure.To feel so desperately that you were right to order it, yet to feel glad that you did, all the same.DREAD IT.....RUN FROM IT......Thanos arrives at your doorstep, all the same.''.......:)

Destiny arrives for me Wednesday. Cant wait. Ordered this dude April 2019

I've still gotten nothing about shipping from Sideshow. :( Even have it fully paid off too. I hope I don't have to wait forever.

So they did change the paint scheme on the gauntlet for this v2 afterall.

It looks like they did. I have the first version and the gauntlet is a different color than the armor, more bronze, which I think is accurate to the movie.IMG_0699.jpg

My view is that the Gauntlet was created by Eitri separate to his armour, so it's going to be a different colour.

View attachment 488755

I feel the same way. That said I can see why people would like the gauntlet to match the armor for aesthetic reasons. But for me since the gauntlet was made at a different time (and probably different place) than Thanos? armor, it makes sense to me that even though both the gauntlet and his armor are ?gold?, they would have some difference in color

I would have preferred the v1 gauntlet with the more bronze hue for the same reasons as mentioned above. But eh, whatever.

I feel the same way. That said I can see why people would like the gauntlet to match the armor for aesthetic reasons. But for me since the gauntlet was made at a different time (and probably different place) than Thanos? armor, it makes sense to me that even though both the gauntlet and his armor are ?gold?, they would have some difference in color

Yep no question it should still look very similar in shade. But bottom line, if there is a small difference in colour, I can convince myself with that little "story fact".

I haven't gone to the extent of checking screen accuracy. However given the various lighting in different scenes I'm sure it looks different in every shot as well.

Screen accuracy is ALL that matters -- not stories or conjecture... or rewriting history (like Lucas loves to do).

If the gauntlet looks different in the movie against his armor, then it is different.

It looks like SilverStar's Thanos didn't want his gauntlet to clash so he stopped off at his local Ace Hardware to pick up a can of Rust-Oleum that was a better match. Who knew he was such a fashionista...

Back