1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the email that my final payment is pushed back once again to June 15. If I asked for a full refund, do you guys know if I get my rewards point back as well? I used a lot on this and I'd hate to lose them all.

Presuming you still want this guy, you’re willing to pay full price just to have him now?

Presuming you still want this guy, you’re willing to pay full price just to have him now?

I'm actually thinking if I get a refund I'll just use the money for something else instead. I wanted this figure but since it's taken so long, other items have become more of an interest now, so I'm debating.

I just got mine and I'm thinking of selling him off honestly. Thanos was awesome in Infinity War, but Endgame sort of soured me on the character. That, all the delays, and other priorities + the pandemic make me feel like I shouldn't keep him.

I just got mine and I'm thinking of selling him off honestly. Thanos was awesome in Infinity War, but Endgame sort of soured me on the character. That, all the delays, and other priorities + the pandemic make me feel like I shouldn't keep him.
So it seems that selling of your Thanos is.....Inevitable......:)

I can for certain understand having other priorities at the moment and needing some cash, so some figures may have to go. However, if you’re not planning on abandoning 1/6 collecting altogether, I don’t think this figure should be one of them. He’ll likely go down in history as being an iconic cinematic villain, so you may regret selling him later on after all this passes and things get back to normal.

Curious why you felt it soured you on the character? I thought it was interesting in that they showed us the difference in personality between the Thanos who went through what it took to assemble the stones himself and the "younger" one who didn't. It was like a character arc in reverse.

Ok, as promised here are some photos. I?ll preface this with the fact I?m terrible at posing and angling figure photos and the lighting in my house is terrible! And yes I know Loki?s helmet isn?t screen accurate but I hate putting that thing on so it stays on forever!

None the less, I had fun doing this :)

4f059e39c8366b81f385034c9f3a8635.jpg

184d91d26265b844897a3347eb4b66b3.jpg

c2e7814b260c9d40f14beebd79cd70ae.jpg

7af0c084b94f3100cb8b6ead5806e4a8.jpg

34d229f5378949fb12343c9962c5a232.jpg

51608fd358915675b59a68d375162aa0.jpg

84a53934caf58d6dba7402f376effd51.jpg

0d26fd4ff4348ed93624030afd588208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice photos Flintty! I like the villain line up. I have Lokis helmet forever on too.

Nice photos Flintty! I like the villain line up. I have Lokis helmet forever on too.

Thank you!

Yeah he was my first ?expensive? HT and getting his helmet on without scratching his face or breaking the thing had me all hot and sweaty lol

I?m glad they engineered Thanos? helmet so well.

I can for certain understand having other priorities at the moment and needing some cash, so some figures may have to go. However, if you?re not planning on abandoning 1/6 collecting altogether, I don?t think this figure should be one of them. He?ll likely go down in history as being an iconic cinematic villain, so you may regret selling him later on after all this passes and things get back to normal.

Yeah it isn't abandoning the hobby altogether, just focusing solely on figures I think should have "premium" representation in my collection. I have at least five figures that are in storage due to space, and it makes me feel bad since I dunno if I'll ever have room for them.
Curious why you felt it soured you on the character? I thought it was interesting in that they showed us the difference in personality between the Thanos who went through what it took to assemble the stones himself and the "younger" one who didn't. It was like a character arc in reverse.

Well, pretty much for the exact reason you mentioned.

Thanos in Infinity War earned all of his achievements, and felt deeper as a character. In Endgame he felt almost like Steppenwolf from the Justice League movie, and had everything handed to him. He feels way more like a generic villain. It's a bit weird because in the flashback on Gamora's home planet in Infinity War he still feels like Infinity War Thanos, and that takes place well before Guardians, which is when Endgame Thanos is supposed to be from.

I just thought the transition between the two wasn't satisfying, especially for the big Avengers conclusion. Moments stick out like when Scarlet Witch gets revenge against Thanos for something he hasn't even done - it reminds me of the Donner Cut of Superman II where Superman goes back in time so he never forfeited his powers for Lois, but still kicks the diner guy's ass. :lol

Well in SW’s defense, she didn’t know that the Thanos that killed both her and Vision was actually killed himself, so for all she knew, 2014 Thanos was the same Thanos. Asking if that’s the same one isn’t exactly a question you’re going to ask when the only thing on your mind when you get revived is “**** that guy.” :lol

I get what you’re saying, but I didn’t really get that feeling. I thought he was still pretty bad ass in that final fight scene, but it was pretty demonstrable his character took a back seat in this film in order to give fan service by paying homage to all the films up to that point.

Yeah, it was definitely a fanservice-filled movie, which I thought was disappointing after how "unsafe" Infinity War was, I'd say it's almost comparable to TLJ vs. TROS, but without firing directors.

I get that it had to pay homage to the MCU, as it's a "soft finale", but I was hoping it would still try to roughly follow the Infinity Gauntlet story line - especially with Adam Warlock being teased in Guardians 2, what a waste that is now. :slap

Very true.

Actually, I kind of equate SW in EG upon first seeing 2014 Thanos, to the way 1955 Biff was in BttF 2 when he came to after being knocked out by George and saw 1985 Marty in disguise crouching over him.

“YOU!”

:lol

Yeah he has some great posing videos! I?m just going to use my CW Capt instead when mine comes in. I have a 3rd party mjolnir I bought on eBay already.

Back