1/6 Hot Toys Avengers End Game - War Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was re-watching the cam version of endgame earlier just to get a better idea of how this armor is supposed to look.

Screenshot (142).jpg

I think the hot toys images are misguiding as this looks quite bulky and I think it's unfair to compare it to the mark 2 wich besides being thin, it's also quite bland looking. Giving up a touch of the bulkiness for that sleeker and more compact look isn't a bad deal imo. The suit is from 2023, it was supposed to bea bit different and it's a fine piece in its own. Just my opinion.

I think it looks awesome.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Its great craftsmanship of course. HT kills it with the armors. Its just the design is lacking. We are so far past regular bland armors at this point. Feels very Phase 1

Its great craftsmanship of course. HT kills it with the armors. Its just the design is lacking. We are so far past regular bland armors at this point. Feels very Phase 1

If mark 50 is a good example of how a phase 3 armor should look like then I'm glad they forgot to upgrade this one. *sarcasm off*

I could've seen your point if we were talking about iron-man here but remembering the blocky thing that mark 1 was, I think it's unfair to say this belongs to phase 1. WM is about that raw vibe, a more futuristic design would've probably killed that feeling and we would've found ourselves with just another iron man suit on our hands.

^ I find your argument flawed. What you're suggesting is that WM's design shouldn't evolve because it might become too over designed to your tastes. This suit feels to streamlined and too simple for WM. There's just not enough weaponry, not enough personality to separate it from an iron man suit. Really the only thing WM about this suit is the color, make it red and it would look just like any other IM suit that tony would use.

^ I find your argument flawed. What you're suggesting is that WM's design shouldn't evolve because it might become too over designed to your tastes. This suit feels to streamlined and too simple for WM. There's just not enough weaponry, not enough personality to separate it from an iron man suit. Really the only thing WM about this suit is the color, make it red and it would look just like any other IM suit that tony would use.

This is also a matter of taste, yes but my point was that it DID evolve without taking away too much personality from it. Yes, it doesn't have an arsenal as big as the mark 4 but maybe at this point in the timeline those guns and missiles became obsolete since it is supposed to be an upgrade over the previous suits. I feel like this is quite a controversial topic and the movie didn't show us enough to understand the potential of this suit and what made it an improvement (theoretically) over the previous.

If mark 50 is a good example of how a phase 3 armor should look like then I'm glad they forgot to upgrade this one. *sarcasm off*

I could've seen your point if we were talking about iron-man here but remembering the blocky thing that mark 1 was, I think it's unfair to say this belongs to phase 1. WM is about that raw vibe, a more futuristic design would've probably killed that feeling and we would've found ourselves with just another iron man suit on our hands.

Lol there is nothing raw about this design at all. Who is talking about ironman? Look to mk4 as an example of how an end of phase 3 armor should progress. This should have been the next step. Not a step backwards. This armor literally broke apart like tissue paper in the avengers hq explosion. Extremely poor showing for this guy. Thats all we needed to see in my opinion. And to do be real, it was fine immediately after the initial bombardment. We see the suit and rocket right after the first hit as they fall into the rubble. The next time we see the suit it's beyond repair and it's barely even functioning enough for rhodey to get out of it. This is the same fall that rocket and Clint survived and walked away from. It's just a poor showing for an armor that was already underwhelming.

Compare this to the mk4 that took a direct hit to the chest from cull obsidians hammer and hit the ground hard. Next time we see it he is flying around unleashing his arsenal again fully functional and no worse for wear. This armor also took being crushed by the space Stone and again was still functional after. Mk6 gets too damaged to use in a fall

The armor regression is not a good look in my taste after that.

Lol there is nothing raw about this design at all. Who is talking about ironman? Look to mk4 as an example of how an end of phase 3 armor should progress. This should have been the next step. Not a step backwards. This armor literally broke apart like tissue paper in the avengers hq explosion. Extremely poor showing for this guy. Thats all we needed to see in my opinion. And to do be real, it was fine immediately after the initial bombardment. We see the suit and rocket right after the first hit as they fall into the rubble. The next time we see the suit it's beyond repair and it's barely even functioning enough for rhodey to get out of it. This is the same fall that rocket and Clint survived and walked away from. It's just a poor showing for an armor that was already underwhelming.

Compare this to the mk4 that took a direct hit to the chest from cull obsidians hammer and hit the ground hard. Next time we see it he is flying around unleashing his arsenal again fully functional and no worse for wear. This armor also took being crushed by the space Stone and again was still functional after. Mk6 gets too damaged to use in a fall

The armor regression is not a good look in my taste after that.

I meant more raw compared to an iron-man suit, not the other WM suits. Also, I'm not contending mk 4's badassery here, I'm just saying that this is THEORETICALLY SUPPOSED to be an improvement even though we got what we got; why didn't he keep the mk 4 if it was better than this one?

I think it's also about the different scenarios they were both facing. Mk 4 took that big hit from obsidian but it would've probably broken down too if it had a whole damn base fall on top of it. So yeah, it was poorly shown as you said and we'll never know if it actually had a bigger potential.

I meant more raw compared to an iron-man suit, not the other WM suits. Also, I'm not contending mk 4's badassery here, I'm just saying that this is THEORETICALLY SUPPOSED to be an improvement even though we got what we got; why didn't he keep the mk 4 if it was better than this one?

I think it's also about the different scenarios they were both facing. Mk 4 took that big hit from obsidian but it would've probably broken down too if it had a whole damn base fall on top of it. So yeah, it was poorly shown as you said and we'll never know if it actually had a bigger potential.

I dunno, the mk4 seemed much more durable and sturdier than the mk6. Again rocket was literally right next to rhodey when they both fell. So we know the intial explosion wasnt what damaged the armor or rocket would be dead. We see the ground give way and they both fall. And then there was no rubble on top of rhodey when we see him in the next scene. And the suit is all but worthless at this point. It really seemed like it was simply the fall impact that damaged the suit. If this is the case then its really bad.

The mk4 certainly would have walked away from that mere fall as cull definitely generates more force with his hammer throw than the armor falling however much feet. Remember that same hammer throw hit stark a few good street blocks and through buildings before landing all the way in the park. And yea im sure youre right it was designed for a different time probably. A potentially peaceful time. But then by nature its not...a WARmachine haha

I dunno, the mk4 seemed much more durable and sturdier than the mk6. Again rocket was literally right next to rhodey when they both fell. So we know the intial explosion wasnt what damaged the armor or rocket would be dead. We see the ground give way and they both fall. And then there was no rubble on top of rhodey when we see him in the next scene. And the suit is all but worthless at this point. It really seemed like it was simply the fall impact that damaged the suit. If this is the case then its really bad.

The mk4 certainly would have walked away from that mere fall as cull definitely generates more force with his hammer throw than the armor falling however much feet. Remember that same hammer throw hit stark a few good street blocks and through buildings before landing all the way in the park. And yea im sure youre right it was designed for a different time probably. A potentially peaceful time. But then by nature its not...a WARmachine haha

So rocket suffered basically the same fall as rhodey without having a suit of armor and then we see him buried under all that rubble still alive and barely scratched. Meanwhile rhodey was right next to him looking like he barely survived with the armor all messed up. Sounds legit lol.

Seriously now, something worse must have happened to him there besides the fall because this whole thing doesn't make sense.

If the idea for this suit was to operate in peaceful times, let's just hope they learned their lesson and they'll stick to designing the war machine suits for.. war xD

Back