1/6 Hot Toys Avengers End Game - War Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I think we should question those things. It is a fantasy movie, but the practicals still need to work within the world they have created.

I also think it is a bad design. However I don’t believe War Machine is a bad character. I was pleased he was given such a large role in Endgame.

Really? this suit is much more believable than some magic rocks that can make half the universe appear or disappear but only if you snap your fingers

Just saw the movie again, I didn't realize the first time that the quantum suit literally wraps itself around his entire armor? That seems kind of nuts but ripe for an exclusive or something haha.

Makes sense that he needs assistance to walk at all, any situation where action might happen he just lives in the full armor instead of just the powered leg braces. A nano armor that can phase on and off like Tony's wouldn't help him much

Really? this suit is much more believable than some magic rocks that can make half the universe appear or disappear but only if you snap your fingers

I disagree. The film series has set up that those magic rocks work that way within their area of fantasy. However they have never set up that a normal human man can grow his arms longer when he puts on armor. Two completely different things.

That was one thing I found kind of annoying. The snap in the comics was just a gesture (as far as I can remember); you shouldn't have to do anything but think or will something to make it happen. Having to literally make a snapping motion is odd.

Fast recap of War Machine/Iron Patriot/War Machine change for the TL;DR crowd.
1)WAR Machine sounds too aggressive. Don't want to trigger snowflakes.
2)Repainted and rebranded by AIM because it tested well with focus groups.
3)AIM turns out to be bad guys behind Mandarin/Extremis soldiers. Bad idea keeping Iron Patriot nomenclature.
4)Goes back to War Machine because that's who Rhodey is. Plus, it's in the comics. ;)

When was it ever stated AIM was involved with the rebranding? I dont think it was. It was actually hand waved rather qucikly and implied to simply be the government rebranding him for PR reasons. Nothing implied AIM had anything to do with it specifically. Tho they certainly made use of it later.

I disagree. The film series has set up that those magic rocks work that way within their area of fantasy. However they have never set up that a normal human man can grow his arms longer when he puts on armor. Two completely different things.
Chief, this is it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BBB100-2 met Tapatalk

That was one thing I found kind of annoying. The snap in the comics was just a gesture (as far as I can remember); you shouldn't have to do anything but think or will something to make it happen. Having to literally make a snapping motion is odd.

I think the Russos said that they made it a requirement for the gauntlet to work that the wearer had to close his fist, which obviously wasn't a part of the comics. In this case, Thanos had to make some gesture, a snap, in order to accomplish what he needed. From there I think the avengers just assumed that is what was needed to wipe or bring back people. A closed fist would have done the same.

I think so too :lol

Like, seriously though, it's a movie. Should we question how Stane was able to move Iron Monger around? How about Bruce in Hulkbuster 2.0?

Exactly. There are literally hundreds of examples of various over-sized power suits across the pantheon of sci-fi media (mostly in anime/manga but also Avatar and the MCU itself as you point out) where the pilots' extremities don't actually fill out the arms and legs of the suit itself.

You'd have to be pretty naive to decades of sci-fi to have never seen such a concept before:

Landmate_cross_section.jpg

2a73fbe0cd85a3fb9bdaaa0412d9238e.jpg

I have zero issues with the size of the armor or the logistics of how he operates a larger armor (which has occurred numerous times previously.) What I don't like is that for only 5 seconds it was in the movie, and with no real set-up.

I really enjoy the satin black vibe of this figure. It looks like it sits between the mark II and IV size wise. Don't like the IV because it's just too much.

call me crazy but I think I prefer this above the Mark 85. Does anybody know if it's going to get SOME weapon accessories? Or is this it?

There's nothing mentioned about additional accessories on the Hot Toys or Sideshow site, so I doubt there will be anything. Was there some accessory he used in the movie that's missing?

No other accessories mentioned. This armor has grown on me a bit. Since the release date isn’t for a very long time I might get him with rescue so I have all of the final armors.

No other accessories mentioned. This armor has grown on me a bit. Since the release date isn’t for a very long time I might get him with rescue so I have all of the final armors.

I agree this guy has grown on me as well. I was never against it, nor was I for it. He was just there. After watching the MISB tour of the Japanese store that showed this guy I have been really wanting him. Still plan on waiting a big, but he's definitely on my short list.

I agree this guy has grown on me as well. I was never against it, nor was I for it. He was just there. After watching the MISB tour of the Japanese store that showed this guy I have been really wanting him. Still plan on waiting a big, but he's definitely on my short list.
Do you have the video 6 for me?

These are still from Ryan's video courtesy of MISB. I know there was talk of him being thin but you can see the comparison with the Mark85 and he looks beefy.

You decide.

Screenshot_20190610-212359_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190610-212410_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190610-212418_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190610-212426_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190610-212458_YouTube.jpg

Back