1/6 Hot Toys Avengers End Game - War Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting this was supposed to be mark 5 until they decided to use the back pack for mark 4 instead.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxZAB6slx6F/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

And in this post below he states: "@jase.walker19 honestly I’m not exactly sure. The “middle” endgame suit was designed as the Mk6, and at one point it was considered that the bulkier suit might be the same suit with add-on armor or even a nano-tech “morph” upgrade, so it would have made sense for them to have the same designation. Honestly, I had already moved on to another project when the “intermediate” suit was added on in post production, and only came back in for a couple of weeks to deliver some initial concepts, so i was never in the loop on how they specifically were going to weave into the story. As it is watching the movie I’m unclear where Rhodey got the final suit."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxVnCLEFa8w/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

In regards to the 4, the IW artbook says that that War Machine was originally going to have 2 suits in the movie, but they eventually just mixed their ideas into one suit.

New good quality pics

Nice. Zoomed/isolated:
Rtii7K7.png

But where did the suit come from in the first place? And why did Rhodey repaint it?

Remember the general public saw War Machine as a villain in IM2, Whiplash remote controls Warmachine and the army drones during the public unveiling, obviously people lost trust in the military afterwards. Rebranding Warmachine as Iron Patriot is exactly what the military would do as damage control, much like in IM1 when they say "don't worry it's just a training exercise," it's been established that the military tends to do stuff to fool the general public and win them over.

--

Remember the general public saw War Machine as a villain in IM2, Whiplash remote controls Warmachine and the army drones during the public unveiling, obviously people lost trust in the military afterwards. Rebranding Warmachine as Iron Patriot is exactly what the military would do as damage control, much like in IM1 when they say "don't worry it's just a training exercise," it's been established that the military tends to do stuff to fool the general public and win them over.

--
They didn't say the public saw him as a villain. That wasnt the case or issue at all. After all rhodey and tony were publicly handed medals by the Senator for taking down whiplash and hammer. So the public full well knew he was a hero way before the repaint. And its clear rhodey was operating as war machine from the end of IM2 to the rebrand in IM3. Which is what? About 2 or 3 yrs MCU time.

Rhodey simply said war machine sounded too rough and agressive. The Iron patirot tested better in focus groups. So they rebranded him iron patriot to seem a little "friendlier". And not just come off as the government attack dog.

They didn't say the public saw him as a villain. That wasnt the case or issue at all. After all rhodey and tony were publicly handed medals by the Senator for taking down whiplash and hammer. So the public full well knew he was a hero way before the repaint. And its clear rhodey was operating as war machine from the end of IM2 to the rebrand in IM3. Which is what? About 2 or 3 yrs MCU time.

Rhodey simply said war machine sounded too rough and agressive. The Iron patirot tested better in focus groups. So they rebranded him iron patriot to seem a little "friendlier". And not just come off as the government attack dog.

Was this ever actually stated in the movie? And if this is true, why does he suddenly change back into War Machine and paint the same armor black again for Age of Ultron?

Was this ever actually stated in the movie? And if this is true, why does he suddenly change back into War Machine and paint the same armor black again for Age of Ultron?

Yeah it was. I have not watched it in awhile but i remember them talking about it. Not sure why the change back i try not to overthink this stuff because it would drive me nuts. Can't make sense of fantasy.

It probably had something to do with how it got taken over by that extremis dude. Probably some trauma/discomfort around that for the President in the movie I would imagine.

Except in the comics that's more or less what he does. He goes on missions and he takes **** out.

There's so much bulk around the arms/shoulders it looks like he could barely move without the armor banging into itself.

Excellent character, fantastic armour.

I think so too :lol

Like, seriously though, it's a movie. Should we question how Stane was able to move Iron Monger around? How about Bruce in Hulkbuster 2.0?

Last edited:
Yes, I think we should question those things. It is a fantasy movie, but the practicals still need to work within the world they have created.

I also think it is a bad design. However I don’t believe War Machine is a bad character. I was pleased he was given such a large role in Endgame.

Fast recap of War Machine/Iron Patriot/War Machine change for the TL;DR crowd.
1)WAR Machine sounds too aggressive. Don't want to trigger snowflakes.
2)Repainted and rebranded by AIM because it tested well with focus groups.
3)AIM turns out to be bad guys behind Mandarin/Extremis soldiers. Bad idea keeping Iron Patriot nomenclature.
4)Goes back to War Machine because that's who Rhodey is. Plus, it's in the comics. ;)

Just saw the movie again, I didn't realize the first time that the quantum suit literally wraps itself around his entire armor? That seems kind of nuts but ripe for an exclusive or something haha.

Just saw the movie again, I didn't realize the first time that the quantum suit literally wraps itself around his entire armor? That seems kind of nuts but ripe for an exclusive or something haha.

As someone who wants the whole Quantum Team, I certainly hope so. Should be a relatively straightforward repaint of the 006..shouldn't it?

Back