Hot Toys Avengers Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a huge maybe, depending on the proto/price, but i'd have much prefered the USO/Rescue instead

Aside from Iron Man this Avengers just looks too much like Ultimates

I'm a bit dissapointed with the fabric look. It's not as slick and shiny as the movie version. It's realistic, sure, but aren't Hot Toys known for 'breaking new ground'?

Why's that?

It's a good thing to be asymmetrical as to not look to unrealistic

and it's bad to some extent cause the zipper simply stands out on the middle red stripe
kinda breaks the look

I'm a bit dissapointed with the fabric look. It's not as slick and shiny as the movie version. It's realistic, sure, but aren't Hot Toys known for 'breaking new ground'?

last time, i heard shiny looks toyish, now this? :lol
just a funny thought, not really bashing you or anything

I think they sould have put the zipper in the white stripe. It doesn't bother me either way though.

I think they sould have put the zipper in the white stripe. It doesn't bother me either way though.

Maybe it's just that i've been staring at too many illustrations of cap in
comic books recently that my eyes are immediately drawn to the line :D

Any suit that tight is bound to restrict articulation as well.

I'm guessing dual headsculpts here . . . helmeted and nude.

Like Schmidt/Red Skull.

That'll instantly make him more expensive than Nick Fury and Hawkeye (just getting that in there before the out crys)

I don't think HT will jack the price for Cap. They want to sell AVENGERS which means they will likely be looking at $1300 in sales/team. I think they will try and keep them in line to promote team sales vs individual figure sales. Hell they are already bumping things by the $20 increase and there aren't a lot of extras included.

Even tho RS hit a short while ago, Cap will ring in at $219.99. Heard it here first :monkey3

Nah it wont be that high, between $199-210 would be my guess (considering the original can still be had for $169 though it wont stop people crying into their cereal)

sigpic3965_4.gif
One of the sculptors on these boards needs to make a head like in Centrocal's signature to put on this figure when released to replace the stack hat that Cap has ended up wearing in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back