Hot Toys Avatar, when??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. How many Pred fans have considered suicide because they couldn't live on the Predator planet? They just aren't as serious about their franchise.

:lol :rotfl

oh yeah, avatards > predheads. :rotfl
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yk2vR8w2sjc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yk2vR8w2sjc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I really don't see how the Na'vi would be any more advanced from an R & D standpoint than the Berzerker Predator. Large scratch built body, head to toe body paint, some fancy weapons and accessories and they're good to go. I fully expect them to cost well over $200 but I don't understand the delay either.

Much more advanced b/c they are plenty bigger than any predator fig produced yet. Articulation, design, weight of the figure, joint strength, all have to be taken count of. They have had years trying to perfect a predator body and they still haven't gotten the correct dimensions down. Check out the berserker thread if you want proof. And if you still don't believe check out the P1 thread from long ago. Not one has been perfect yet and it's been years since they first started on these. It's going to take time to get this body right. I'd rather they not rush it...

But there's one little thing you're forgetting.

Interesting Berserker Predator Alien human hunter > Tall, lanky tribal smurf

And hell, I'm not even a huge Predator fan. I'll take some lasers, guns, and ____ your pants scary designs over blatant tree hugging crap for my 1/6 figures.

Yeah, I'm kind of a ____ but really. Predators have proven in the past that they're made of $$$ so of course Hot Toys would put in a little more effort with a license of gold in their laps. Would $200 dollar Na'Vi really be that huge in the collecting community? I don't think so.

Disagree sir. So go back to the DC forum if they don't interest you......I think another Joker thread popped up while you were away :stick

Is that why the exclusive Neytiri maquette has more than twice the ES of the Falconer Predator maquette and is sold out? Because there's a greater demand for high end Predator collectibles?

"You are like a baby. Making noise, don't know what to do."

Disagree sir. So go back to the DC forum if they don't interest you......I think another Joker thread popped up while you were away :stick

There are characters I can support and buy like Batman, Joker, Two-Face, Terminator, T-1000, Sarah Connor, Predator, Dutch, Aliens, Hicks, Ripley, Spider-Man, The Green Goblin, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo I could go on and on. But Avatar? Jake SOO-LI and Neytiri? Big blue fan boy wet dreams?

No, I will not stand for it. I hope they're never made and burn in hell.

Good point. How many Pred fans have considered suicide because they couldn't live on the Predator planet? They just aren't as serious about their franchise.

But what about the fans who want to run around Pandora dressed as a Predator? As for the Na'vi figures, they better be plastic like the Preds. If they're rubber I'll pass.

Oh don't even start that up again. We've been down that road. A Na'vi would destroy a Predator. A Pred can't even take a human in a one on one fight. Jake bested a dude in an AMP Suit.

Start what? That's way too nerdy for me to have a say in. Predator and Avatar are fictional, I know that. But Predator is way cooler. :nana:

I'm just saying I'd like to see some dead navis on the evening news. Bloodshed by Predators, Terminators, I don't care. It's a weird film. Half naked blue things, prancing around like ferries. The enya like chorus was about as frightening as the first time I saw Alien (though the latter wasn't gay. At all).

I'm a man and this film offends me on every level imaginable. I use to respect Cameron until he turned into a cross eyed, tree huggin, message spewing son _____.

good lord...that vid is sad. What's more sad is that I want to bang the chick from the vid :lol...

...only in Na'vi blue makeup of course :rotfl :rotfl:rotfl
There are characters I can support and buy like Batman, Joker, Two-Face, Terminator, T-1000, Sarah Connor, Predator, Dutch, Aliens, Hicks, Ripley, Spider-Man, The Green Goblin, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo I could go on and on. But Avatar? Jake SOO-LI and Neytiri? Big blue fan boy wet dreams?

No, I will not stand for it. I hope they're never made and burn in hell.

Hey I love all of those characters too. They are great. But I also enjoyed this movie. If you didn't then fine, but why are you here?

I don't hang around something I hate...

Hey I love all of those characters too. They are great. But I also enjoyed this movie. If you didn't then fine, but why are you here?

I don't hang around something I hate...

Because I'm sick of seeing these Avatar threads when I come into this section. I've never voiced my opinion on Avatar before so I figured, eh, why not.

0a41bc47895b97f5a2da34b.jpg
I found this picture from https://proder-news.blogspot.com/2010/12/hot-toys-avatar-jake-sully-16-nouvelle.html posted on December 21th, so it seems like it's still coming after all.

its cOLD in here. But seriously i wish there were some new pics or least some details on when we can expect something from the biggest movie ever. Not even one human figure yet.

I personally thought HT could at least announce a human figure from Avatar to kickstart the line. The alien figures which would need more time to design and produce could come later.

These things are going to be pricey. No one better be shocked as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back