Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember it took them forever to come out with the original Robocop Figures, and for their time, they were amazing (and still are). So they are just taking there time to make sure they live up to the name that they have created, and live up to a movie such as Avatar. They still can be released this year. They announced that they had the Avatar licence earlier this year, so when they said the licences for the rest of this year, they could have meant new licences. Well at least that is what I am hoping.

Sounds to me like they're going to take their time with perfecting these. Hopefully the wait will be worth it.

Or they just announced the NEW licenses for 2010, Avatar isn't a new license and was already announced a while ago. So Avatar figures could still happen in 2010:pray:.

i think around november when the special edition dvd comes out that the figures will be annouched!

I am hoping that with all the new figures using the whole rubber bodies and the real hair look that they will incorporate these things into the NeVi. If they stick to the true 1/6 scale, it will be a lot easier to do.

Or they just announced the NEW licenses for 2010, Avatar isn't a new license and was already announced a while ago. So Avatar figures could still happen in 2010:pray:.

Exactly, no announcement on FB as this is a license they previously announced securing. And the Avatar logo is part of the catalog of items coming soon.

So, maybe by the end of the year we'll see a Pre-Order.

Man it has been forver since that annoucement but im glad we are atleast seeing somthing.

Im saying theyll be out for Dec with the longer cut of the BlueRay I cant wait a little longer Ive waited this long...

Exactly, no announcement on FB as this is a license they previously announced securing. And the Avatar logo is part of the catalog of items coming soon.

So, maybe by the end of the year we'll see a Pre-Order.

TRON wasn't a new announcement either though, and that is on the list. :dunno

Ah, okay.

New License ahead

Amid fans' expectation, we are now proud to present the new licenses for the second half year of 2010!

The Expendables, Tron Legacy, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Michael Jackson: Smooth Criminal, and last but not least, Spider-man 3!

Stay tuned with us for the collectibles! More licenses announcement is coming. Hold your breath and expect some more surprises from us in 2010-11!

When it say "new licenses for the second half year of 2010" does that mean that these figures will be released in the second half of 2010, or just that now we are in the second half of 2010 and that's when they are announcing them?

There is a HK magazine artical interviewing Howard months ago. If I remember correctly, Howard himself doen't even consider making Avatar figures in the first place, he thinks who the hell willing to spend money on a blue human like alien :slap the thing just wont sell.

But James Cameron (or his agent/studio forgot) contect HT wanting them to make Avatar figures, and because HT staffs are huge Cameron and Terminator fans, they finally said yes :yess:

Emo-Parker Spider-Man 3. No thanks. And why is he the only one with a hyphen? "Spider-Man". Why not like Iron Man with two words, or Batman with one word?

Stan Lee decided to hyphenate Spider-Man because it otherwise would be to similar looking to Superman.

Hot Toys facebook just announced the licenses for the rest of 2010, NO AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

Yep, HT had officially announced them before, so no reason to do so again I'd reckon. I think we'll see something Avatar this year! :)

First time I'd heard of them having the Tron license.

Yeah, there was some mention of it in some interview a while back, but no official announcement. Same like with Christopher Reeves Superman. I believe it was the same interview where they got mentioned to begin with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back