Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a HK magazine artical interviewing Howard months ago. If I remember correctly, Howard himself doen't even consider making Avatar figures in the first place, he thinks who the hell willing to spend money on a blue human like alien :slap the thing just wont sell.

But James Cameron (or his agent/studio forgot) contect HT wanting them to make Avatar figures, and because HT staffs are huge Cameron and Terminator fans, they finally said yes :yess:

Sounds fishy to me... 2 Billion world wide movie = Lots of MONEY in the bank for figures... Avatar is easy sell out...

TRON wasn't a new announcement either though, and that is on the list. :dunno

It was mentioned as an upcoming license, but never officially announced. And sadly it now looks like its just for the new film

The Avatar license was announced back in December when this thread started.

Yeah, it's definitely coming--It's not like Watchmen where there was just a bunch of hype when it first came out, I think most people want Avatar figures just as much as when the Avatar came out.

I know i do. I dont really have any merchandise except for a book and two poster's

The figures will not be 600 dollars! They will probably run $250. Now the Colonel and his AMP suit with the mega huge knife will probably run a grande! HA HA HA! Now that is something I would definitely save for.

The figures will not be 600 dollars! They will probably run $250. Now the Colonel and his AMP suit with the mega huge knife will probably run a grande! HA HA HA! Now that is something I would definitely save for.

His comment was plural, meaning more than one figure. ;)

His comment was plural, meaning more than one figure. ;)

I think the bigger topic would be if Hot Toys made an actual AMP Suite. I was not trying to poke fun at him, I just know that they are going to be expensive but not that expensive beyond a reasonable price point.

I think the bigger topic would be if Hot Toys made an actual AMP Suite. I was not trying to poke fun at him, I just know that they are going to be expensive but not that expensive beyond a reasonable price point.

Yes, but you assumed 8th was saying he'd saved up $600 for a single figure, whereas his post suggests he's saved up that amount to buy more than one. You completely misread his post.

Yes, but you assumed 8th was saying he'd saved up $600 for a single figure, whereas his post suggests he's saved up that amount to buy more than one. You completely misread his post.

Like I said, I was not trying to poke fun, so I don't understand why you have to go on about that. If I misread fine, or semantics with with the word "figures". Sorry if I have offended 8th. I think if he was hurt he would have stuck up for himself. I am just trying to maybe further a discussion about the possibility of Hot Toys doing the AMP suit.

Thenammagazine knows when to be critical/harsh and when to be kind/just, i celebrate his judgement, a good guy:clap.

Yes i ment more figures than one when i mentioned 600 dollars, no worries Bryantusmc.:)

Was trying to think of accessories that would come with these figures, and thought that it would be amazing if one of the figures came with a viperwolf or other creature that it could hunt.

Another thought would be, what if the first Avatar Navi figure was DX04/05? That would be great with the pers system.

Thenammagazine knows when to be critical/harsh and when to be kind/just, i celebrate his judgement, a good guy:clap.

picture.php

OK if sideshows figure looks like this imagine what HT is going to release.

072110neytiri_02.jpg

Real hair, PERS, and 20" tall. Could be one of the most brilliant figures ever...

with a $275 price tag.

well Wookster heard something from one of his sources that this would be the apex of HT figures (not a quote).

well Wookster heard something from one of his sources that this would be the apex of HT figures (not a quote).

Wookster should try to get his hands on some production photos! These figures will not be the apex, it will be the start to a whole new generation of figure making!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back