Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care about joints or rubber if you enjoy a movie like Avatar as much as I did and went out and bought to different ver when they came out like I did the Normal and Extended Collector then it shouldnt matter people are going to come back and say it matters if the rubber cracks but since I havent had a single of my rubber body figures go bad I dont care cause my Avatar stuff will be the same anyway... I worried when I got my first two Rubber bodies like everyone else... But now there both a year and half old and no signs of wear and I dont put them into crazy poses that pull the the rubber if you do that you asking for cracks and damage to happen...

The visible joints are a much more durable and long lasting alternative to the rubber bodies. I wish they had developed these types of bodies when they were working on the Alien series. Hopefully they'll bring out something sturdier when the Alien prequel comes out so I won't have to worry about the creature from that film flaking and melting away.

The HT Mars Attacks fiasco should be enough of a warning even if some rubber bodies have held up fine for quite a while. I'm happy with the visible joints, it seems much more durable.

Wow never saw those before :lol

I'm guessing the body will be like the new predators, which is fine with me. They seem to be a good compromise between aesthetics and poseability.

For those that are not on Facebook...

HTAvatar.jpg

Hot Toys put those scans up today like they're hot off the press news...they were scanned and deciphered a week ago...ancient history in a collecting timeframe.

I wish they'd get off their thrones and give us something like a new product reveal that is actually worth it...it's been a while now since I've been wowed by them.

Firstly, I'd buy any Neytiri figure Hot Toys make.

Secondly, my concern is Jake. For me his look during the final battle is his best look and his later stages of becoming part of the Na'vi. His first look in the yellow RDA suit is horrible.

Last edited:
If Jake sells well, I predict multiple releases of his character from different parts of he movie.

I would prefer a final battle Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back