Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

The sequel wont be out till the end of 2016, thats nearly 4 years away. Hot Toys have missed the boat here, they should have released this already, and had others in production. Its been 2 years since the movie was out and the hype for the film is definitely over. Unlike Batman and Marvel which have a continuous fanbase with the comics, Avatar just had this one film and merchandising should have been looked at far quicker imho.

I just hope Jake is released in april - no more delays- and that it is a great figure.

Sequel? Ughh....

Sequel? Ughh....

Where you unaware that James Cameron is shooting parts 2-3 back to back?

Or maybe you didn't like avatar enough to feel it warranted sequels?

If its number one I guess you can be forgiven. If its number 2... well lets just say if Harry Potter and Twilight can get 13 sequels among them, you don't think the highest grossing movie of all time warrants 2?!

Where you unaware that James Cameron is shooting parts 2-3 back to back?

Or maybe you didn't like avatar enough to feel it warranted sequels?

If its number one I guess you can be forgiven. If its number 2... well lets just say if Harry Potter and Twilight can get 13 sequels among them, you don't think the highest grossing movie of all time warrants 2?!

Highest grossing does not mean its good. I love how people reference that as a reason to why it's a "great film" or a reason to why more should be made.

Hey, while we're at it, make Titanic part 2. Maybe we can see Jack haunt Rose throughout her life and maybe her revisiting many aspects of that fine love story. You know, Titanic made a dump load of cash too. :rotfl

Highest grossing does not mean its good. I love how people reference that as a reason to why it's a "great film" or a reason to why more should be made.

Hey, while we're at it, make Titanic part 2. Maybe we can see Jack haunt Rose throughout her life and maybe her revisiting many aspects of that fine love story. You know, Titanic made a dump load of cash too. :rotfl

LOL... They are releasing Titanic 3D this year in case you didn't know. And they can't very well make a sequel when the boat sank in the first one... a sidequel would be pointless too since both films would have the same ending.... Even so they found a way to capitalize on its success by making a 3D version... SO Epic FAIL comparison on your part.

Additionally I never said Avatar was objectively GREAT or GOOD (although I happen to love it) I said it was FACTUALLY the highest grossing film of all time.What on earth would make you think that they wouldn't make a sequel...especiall when the two main characters are all alive at the end.

Furthermore, what in hollywood's history would tell you that sequels don't get made for scifi films?!? Aliens. Predators. Star Wars. Star Trek. Resident Evil. Frakking starship troopers has sequels! Grow up.

And Titanic was good :dunno

Make your argument about the Star wars prequels and I agree with you though. Its all personal opinion.

Is Avatar incredibly overrated? Yes

Is Avatar a good movie? Yes

Well I hate how people deem a movie horrible cos it doesn't make a ton of cash, HT announce a license and fools say "It bombed at the box office, so this won't sell"

Is Avatar incredibly overrated? Yes

Is Avatar a good movie? Yes

Agreed, but this can be said for most films...

Is The Dark Knight incredibly overrated? GOD YES!!!

Is The Dark Knight a good movie? Yes

Or every movie, no matter how good a film is. There's always someone who'll turn around & pull it apart & claim its a pile of ____.

But why would someone bother coming into an Avatar thread to say it's a ____ movie?!:dunno

:lol

Yeah, a month or so w/o buying him is no biggie... I've waited this long I'll be fine waiting a bit longer.

And luckily I have great figures like Sparrow, '89 Batman and IG-88 to tide me over until then :lecture

Wasn't this said to have been delayed to April awhile ago? I remember it was meant to have been released in December last year, but was put back to 2nd quarter this year.

i dont see this as a delay so much as them revealing his 2nd quater release date.

Back