Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

I'm surprised some are annoyed about the joints, I can be really fussy about things like that, like the BL DX for example, I won't display that shirtless with all the open joints but I don't think there that visible on this figure like with the new Preds. I think this figure is ____ing awesome, there's always room for improvement & we know HT will tweak it before releasing it. I can't wait to see pictures of this at SDCC

I'd prefer joints like this (which are pretty well hidden) over a rubber body that will either deteriorate over time, or tear if posed.

If you don't like articulation then you should probably collect statues :lecture

I dont know why people like to _____ about my IMO... There are many figures in the past that HT did that had joints... I guess some HATERS are going to HATE no matter what they get??? IMO...

Great looking figure! Nice details. Now bring on Neytiri! Jake gonna get lonely on the shelf by himself. :D

I like this figure but I think it would be a lot nicer looking if they made the body like they did with the 300 King Leonidas..less joints!

I'd prefer joints like this (which are pretty well hidden) over a rubber body that will either deteriorate over time, or tear if posed.

If you don't like articulation then you should probably collect statues :lecture

:exactly: I actually thought there wasn't any joints when 1st see it. I wonder how many figures they'll do from this line now & if we'll get any human figures or even the AMP Suit?

I just got a ruler and measured 18". It's really frickin big. I think it would be the largest 1/6 piece ever made. I can't think of anything bigger.

He's as big as the 18" NECA Predators I bought recently. I was impressed with their shear size, so this guy will be impressive for sure.

I think this thread is a great example of the negativity on this board. I think this figure is spectacular AND Im a huge fan of the movie. The light up base is unexpected and welcome. The detail in the fig is amazing as well. Likeness may not be perfect but still iconic. No mistaking who figure is. Exposed joints are no worse than predators or bruce lee.

ALREADY PO'ed in my mind. Bring on Neyteri (maybe thats the DX07?! If any sculpt benefits from PERS its avatar head. Accessory can be 12 Jake Sully Human in Wheel Chair!)

I think this thread is a great example of the negativity on this board. I think this figure is spectacular AND Im a huge fan of the movie. The light up base is unexpected and welcome. The detail in the fig is amazing as well. Likeness may not be perfect but still iconic. No mistaking who figure is. Exposed joints are no worse than predators or bruce lee.

ALREADY PO'ed in my mind. Bring on Neyteri (maybe thats the DX07?! If any sculpt benefits from PERS its avatar head. Accessory can be 12 Jake Sully Human in Wheel Chair!)

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

Wow, didn't think this would actually happen.

-Final Battle Jake was definitely my first choice. :rock

-The detail on the accessories is fantastic.

-I realize exposed joints are really the only way to go here, but they are pretty distracting...

He looks great, i hope that quality of paint gets translated well to the production run. I also love that they are 18 inches tall! cant wait to see one of these next to a normal 1/6 figure.

He looks great, i hope that quality of paint gets translated well to the production run. I also love that they are 18 inches tall! cant wait to see one of these next to a normal 1/6 figure.

HT final product tends to look better than the prototypes... so I'm confident this will be all kinds of badass.

But it will be expensive... I'm hoping under $250, but i could see this easily being the single most expensive 1/6 figure HT has ever released.

Clearly there is nothing Hot Toys can not do! The detail on this is amazing, maybe even tops the Iron Man Mark I.

So I'm guessing this body will get used at least 3 times; Final Battle Jake, Jake from earlier in the movie and a figure of Tsu'tey.

Back