Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^kinda what I was thinking. I might pose him with the helmet on, but the mandibles exposed.

cr0w: can you tell me what paint you picked up? I have a feeling since I ordered through BBTS that I will be getting the "brown" head and would like to be prepared to pick up some paint to fix. Thanks!

My Samurai predator...amazing!

samuraipredator1.jpg

samuraipredator02.jpg

samuraipredator03.jpg

samuraipredator05.jpg

samuraipredator005.jpg

samuraipredator6.jpg

samuraipredator7.jpg

samuraipredator8.jpg

samuraipredator9.jpg

samuraipredator10.jpg

^kinda what I was thinking. I might pose him with the helmet on, but the mandibles exposed.

cr0w: can you tell me what paint you picked up? I have a feeling since I ordered through BBTS that I will be getting the "brown" head and would like to be prepared to pick up some paint to fix. Thanks!

Sure. It's called Purple Pearl and it's by DecoArt. I picked it up at Michael's.

https://www.decoart.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=D&Product_Code=DA124-3&Category_Code=DM

I mixed it with a teeny dab of black acrylic to make it coat a little better and to darken it just a little bit.

awesome pics! you can open the mouth too for extra bad-a$$.

Yes you sure can...for some reason many are not aware of this. This is my preferred way of displaying the Samurai Pred...with the helmet on without the mask (which kinda reminds me of the mask from the cover of the movie Hannibal Rising) only it's red instead of green.

669435EC-4147-41D0-A524-100DE0AEC6AF-3107-0000056269A0307C.jpg

Do you think he is a blind samurai, his eyes are completely red and he has no vision modes to speak off, I think HT could be hinting at a blind swordsman running on instinct.

I'm still not tiring of this figure. Who'd guessed my favourite HT Pred wouldn't feature in a film. I find this is the figure my friends are interested in most, he does stand out. I'm so glad I bought this, not that I was ever hesitant not to.

^Good point, never thought about that! When my friends ask about the fig, I will add that to his "story."

Another point is how is he targeting with that shoulder cannon? it must be on auto fire, because the mask is used for targeting if you have played any AvP game, he mite crank that extra bit on the side to manually change its internal vision modes. ahh always good to ad some pointless lore if HT won't elaborate more :)

Last edited:
Im just curious, but did someone already tried to put the helmet and the mask of the samurai predator on to another one? Or does it even work?

Back