Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2yyeh6w.jpg

aypkxy.jpg

o5ookn.jpg

2a5ab0p.jpg

v8k6eu.jpg

iqzztf.jpg

Sadly I have the same issues with the Alien head.....I am hoping APcollectibles **Added, Aaron is an extremely awesome guy and he already got back to me. He already contacted sideshow about the issue...here's to hoping for no problems from them**( since sideshow sent it to me directly ) will be able to solve the problem, similar the the above poster. I also have another big issue with the right arm armor piece being damaged. The 2 pegs that hold it from the inside were bent beyond use. I have it pretty much balanced on the arm with one of the wrist blades holding it up.

Since I was so excited for this figure it got me pretty discouraged...I am just hoping it can be fixed. Other than that, this figure is Magnificent and literally...me having owned pretty much every other Hot Toys Predator ( besides the all the AVP Ones )...I have to say it puts them all to absolute shame. By far the best Hot Toys predator to date.

30j1xjc.jpg

ed0dw.jpg

Sorry to hear and hope this gets resolved.
Please keep us posted how this plays out.

what i want to know is who has a head that IS PURPLE because it seems everyone is having this problem. mine is like a dark red/orange.. plus sideshow states on all prototype pics that final piece may be slightly different than shown.. you know they will fall back on that so they dont have to fix them.. thants why they always say that for all their products
i doubt they will fix anybodies sadly
it sucks but its still a great piece overall so it is what it is i guess...

what i want to know is who has a head that IS PURPLE because it seems everyone is having this problem. mine is like a dark red/orange.. plus sideshow states on all prototype pics that final piece may be slightly different than shown.. you know they will fall back on that so they dont have to fix them.. thants why they always say that for all their products

Good question. It seems like the heads on eBay are the correct color. I should be getting mine from BBTS next week. Hopefully I won't have any problems.

I've got a purple and and orangey-red one... I just opened the second one I'm holding for a friend and sure enough...

htsp3.jpg

htsp2.jpg

htsp1.jpg

They are flash saturated pics, but it's the best way to show the colour differences between them.

I'm contacting SST about it now. :slap:lol

I've got a purple and and orangey-red one... I just opened the second one I'm holding for a friend and sure enough...

htsp3.jpg

htsp2.jpg

htsp1.jpg

They are flash saturated pics, but it's the best way to show the colour differences between them.

yea thats a bit different..

:rotfl at least with this issue one cannot complain that the likeness is on of Beiber or Jody Foster (right Bespin Luke thread?:monkey3)

In all seriousness, I hope that you guys get the painted alien head resolved, I am considering getting this after seeing Samurai's awesomeness displayed in my LCS.)

Very sorry to hear about the hassle Wolf.

Prototype differing from the final product argument wouldonly be valid if the rest of the base differed too. This is an error plain and simple. Looks like the pieces missed their final paint apps and only received their sepia washes.

Hot toys should step up and make a batch of proper alien heads...just saying people spent 360$ on this....its the least they could do.

htsp3.jpg

htsp2.jpg

htsp1.jpg

:lecture These are the pictures SSC needs to see.

I really do think there's a batch of xeno heads that missed an entire stage of paint application.

Simply unacceptable.

It doesn't affect me since I didn't buy this figure, but I'm certainly holding out until I hear this has been resolved.

:lecture These are the pictures SSC needs to see.

I really do think there's a batch of xeno heads that missed an entire stage of paint application.

Simply unacceptable.

It doesn't affect me since I didn't buy this figure, but I'm certainly holding out until I hear this has been resolved.

I think I'll end up buying from a brick and mortar store so I can inspect beforehand.

Its obvious from the second picture of them side by side that the brown looking ones missed the last stage of painting. You can tell as the front of the mouth on the purple one has that orange / brown color to it coming from under the purple. Knowing Hot Toys, they probably ran out of paint and instead of stopping production, they just pushed them through anyway's in hopes that no one would notice.

I am worrying that sideshow is not going to be held responsible for it, as if they do not have enough heads to replace the defective ones...really there is not much they can do about it anyways, besides take returns...which will be a HUGE headache. In either case again, Hot Toys needs to replace any alien head that is defective. Its a huge screw up...and it basically ruins the entire alien display. I guess a good way to look at it is you can tell people the blood all ran out of the alien if he is holding him in his hand...and the color went along with it.

Mine arrived today(from hk) :panic::panic:, all is well the head is purple as it should be and the cannon has it's ball joint :D. I absolutly love this figure, glad i made the investment. The amount of detail on him is outstanding and the prescene in a case is :O.

Mainly can only go in one pose but what a pose it is

two small pics of him set up (phone)

IMG-20121005-00655.jpg

IMG-20121005-00656.jpg

Last edited:
All the new people who are getting there Samurai preds in PLEASE let us know if you got the brown or purple heads. Also please inform where you purchased it from! Thanks

Back