1/6 Hot Toys Arkham Knight Batgirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stunning- will buy- but HT needs more DC figures to show- hope more to come...

I would prefer the 1966 Tv version or this...
01b.jpg

Ummm Are those exposed leg joints?! This has to be a prototype.....please? This would be an instant PO for me, but leg joints, seriously? But on a side note, that head sculpt is awesome. Just fix the body

The hip area looks really weird in the original pictures. I agree that it looks like the exposed joints of a typical action figure. The pictures on toyark.com make it look better.

I was hoping to see Catwoman.

WTH are those joints... it really doesn't look like a $200+ figure. Just a black plastic toy.

Ummm Are those exposed leg joints?! This has to be a prototype.....please? This would be an instant PO for me, but leg joints, seriously? But on a side note, that head sculpt is awesome. Just fix the body

I didn't even noticed that. I was distracted by the ugly rooted hair. What is Hot Toys thinking? Charging premium price but offering cheap action figure exposed joints...

They are trying people. If people accept this and it certainly looks like the majority are then we can look forward to more exposed joints in upcoming figures.

I was also noticing that the Marvel Hela and Wasp look to have spandex outfits with partial printing over it. They look more like a Mezco One:12 figure rather than a Hot Toys figure.

The Alita figure has joints all over it. The hips, shoulders and elbows all look like a Figuarts figure. At least on Batgirl it looks like the shoulders and elbows are a bodysuit. Can't tell on the knees.

The biggest issues with the previous Arkham Batman figures (primarily Arkham City Bats and Arkham Knight Bats) is their terrible articulation. I'm actually pretty okay with these exposed joints.

Personally I would prefer not to have exposed joints (unless it is well hidden like the trunks do for Arkham City Batman). For me it ruins the high end look.

I don't think Arkham Knight (even with limited articulation) would have sold as well if the hip joints were exposed.

I would prefer the 1966 Tv version or this...
View attachment 418468
Wtf's up with the boobs on that statue? Looks like two duct taped tangerines under a tent.

In regards to the AK Batgirl: everyone bitches when the Arkham Bats can't be posed, then when they add cuts for articulation so you CAN pose it, the bitching ensues. This figure has all the requests that people ask for - expressive sculpt, places to articulate, you know it'll be loaded with accessories too. The hair is fine. If you haven't handled the HT CW Black Widow, you haven't seen properly mass produced rooted hair.

It's gonna be okay. On your shelf the articulation will blend with the seams of the suit. The hair will be fine.

Wtf's up with the boobs on that statue? Looks like two duct taped tangerines under a tent.

In regards to the AK Batgirl: everyone bitches when the Arkham Bats can't be posed, then when they add cuts for articulation so you CAN pose it, the bitching ensues. This figure has all the requests that people ask for - expressive sculpt, places to articulate, you know it'll be loaded with accessories too. The hair is fine. If you haven't handled the HT CW Black Widow, you haven't seen properly mass produced rooted hair.

It's gonna be okay. On your shelf the articulation will blend with the seams of the suit. The hair will be fine.

Hot Toys really can't win sometimes. Any hint of a joint and people go crazy. Make something almost seamless with little to no articulation and just as many complain.

If you can't abide any joints buy statues. If you expect amazing articulation buy the cheaper action figures. With HT there is always going to be a trade off between the two, a happy middle ground if you will.

That said I don't think this looks great, hopefully it's just a very early prototype. Don't think I'll pre-order but if the final product is improved enough I'll pick it up after release.

Back