1/6 Hot Toys Arkham Knight Batgirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look better there! Shows again how important lighting is, now we can see the detail in the suit and her face.

Still think it needs some work before release but much more hopeful now.

This might be my first foray into the Arkham figures. Always wanted a good detailed Batgirl figure. Looks good.

I'm wondering if Batgirl is constructed a lot like Wonder Woman except that the skin in this case is the costume and that there is no additional costume layer over the top of the 'body' layer. The legs on BG are separate pieces and the holes that are visible on the inner thighs remind me of WW (get your head out of the gutter with that wording). The way that BG's left hip sticks out in the above picture also reminds me of WW. I can't tell if there is a joint just below the chest like on WW.

Hopefully they fix the head so the faceplate doesn’t look like it’s sticking out from the rest of the face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been good about sticking to my guns for not getting any characters with rooted hair, but may have to break down for this.

I dont get all the fuss about rooted hair. IMO it looks way better than sculpted. (with the exception of short hair i would think.)
I had the black widow Civil War version and the Black widow Avengers (first movie) figures and didnt have any crazy issues with it. In my experience its not that bad.
And this figure has long hair which is even better for rooted. If you want sculpted get a statue, which there is an abundance of.

The only time I truly see rooted hair looking great is when its done by some of the insanely talented customizers around. Adam gu, owen1313, etc. Those guys work magic on a lot of figures. However Ive seen too many HT figures with ruined likenesses thanks to some very crummy, hard to futz rooted doll hair. Its an absolute pain working with some figures thanks to that, and could look so much better sculpted, I think.

Oh well...I think with this figure its fine though.

The only time I truly see rooted hair looking great is when its done by some of the insanely talented customizers around. Adam gu, owen1313, etc. Those guys work magic on a lot of figures. However Ive seen too many HT figures with ruined likenesses thanks to some very crummy, hard to futz rooted doll hair. Its an absolute pain working with some figures thanks to that, and could look so much better sculpted, I think.

Oh well...I think with this figure its fine though.

:exactly: Some of those custom Ledger sculpts with rooted hair look amazing but the mass produced rooted hair used by HT and other companies is generally awful. The stuff they use on WW is horrible, it looks more like...well I won't say it but you know what I mean. :lol

I have a Neca Arkham Batman with exposed leg joints like this. The difference is it didn't cost me $200+.

Yeah, I'm sure your $20 Neca figure looks as good as this. Wonder why the rest of us are buying Hot Toys then? You must be the only smart guy to know this secret Neca hidden treasure.

The 1/4 scale NECA arkham bats actually looks really good and Id even say better than HT's 1/6 scale offering. Not everything NECA does is top flight but they're no slouch especially at the price point.

Remember we're all ultimately buying dollies all the same.

I like the smirk as well. It’s great for action poses and even static poses. Light years better than the open mouth laugh of Harley (difficult for action poses) and so much better than the typical vacant expression of any other HT female releases. It would be even better that they give AK Catwoman a smirk if and when they release her! (Prime 1 did!!!) That would just add so much more to the character!!

Back