Hot Toys Apologise for 1/6 John Connor (Head sculpt problems)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, gotta give em major cudos for having enough pride in their work to 1) Apologize for the mistake and 2) Replace the defective heads

Speaking of which...

Other companies have had similar crappy paint, ginormous heads, blank lifeless sculpts and cropped helmets :vader:naughty

And yet they have not ONCE, to my knowledge, ever took this type of action even though they have the best customer service in the business:huh

I guess Hot Toys is looking to be a trailblazer in the CS department now...what else will they usurp from the kings of 1/6 figures???

...and that wasn't SSC bashing...I didn't even mention their name:D

Probably because of the backlash every time they put out a figure, just to rub collectors noses in it by releasing a second superior version a short while later. This could be a new marketing ploy to pre-empt that likely backlash.

So will we get an English statement, possibly in a Sideshow or Hot Toys newsletter, explaining what exactly the problem is? Looks like they're looking after the Asian market. Really this sort of apology should have surfaced in their own newsletter first, with the method of replacing those heads that happened to ship worldwide as well as locally.

They're big enough now to start a customer service section to cater for the problems inherent in their product. Hopefully this is the start of something good.

There won't be an English language statement. If I understand correctly they have batches, with the first batch going to ToyHunter and later batches going to other distributors and overseas. If they're correcting the problem for the later batches, there is no reason for us to even know there was a problem with the first batch.

Well, gotta give em major cudos for having enough pride in their work to 1) Apologize for the mistake and 2) Replace the defective heads

Speaking of which...

Other companies have had similar crappy paint, ginormous heads, blank lifeless sculpts and cropped helmets :vader:naughty

And yet they have not ONCE, to my knowledge, ever took this type of action even though they have the best customer service in the business:huh

I guess Hot Toys is looking to be a trailblazer in the CS department now...what else will they usurp from the kings of 1/6 figures???

...and that wasn't SSC bashing...I didn't even mention their name:D

Yet, try to get a replacement wrist peg from them without going through SSC - see what happens.

Yet, try to get a replacement wrist peg from them without going through SSC - see what happens.

Already did Bro! Way back when I got my TDK Bats.

Took a couple of pics, included my email invoice from Toys2 and sent it over in one nice little email. They got back to me in two days. I got TWO replacement wrist pegs in three weeks.

Not as fast as SSC, but I did get em no problem...as a matter of fact, they even sent a follow up email:google

Personally, I've never had a problem getting a response from em. I even got an email long, long ago when I was begging for them to re-release the ED-209:lol

I know that's not the norm, but I've had no issues with HTs customer service.:huh

Took a couple of pics, included my email invoice from Toys2 and sent it over in one nice little email. They got back to me in two days. I got TWO replacement wrist pegs in three weeks.

Not as fast as SSC, but I did get em no problem...as a matter of fact, they even sent a follow up email:google

Personally, I've never had a problem getting a response from em. I even got an email long, long ago when I was begging for them to re-release the ED-209:lol

I know that's not the norm, but I've had no issues with HTs customer service.:huh

I agree with Dave on this one, I've been emailing them to get a Robocop head replacement for a year straight! I've sent them at least 7 emails and no response. I just wish I had as good as luck as you man.

Ive been waiting on my pegs from them for 4 months. Sent them the pictures and receipt, still nothing

Like I said, i know that's not the norm. Its dirty that they are so slow in their response to you guys. SSC definately does an awesome job and they go above and beyond the call of duty for their customers in this regard.

Here's the thing, I wish SSC put that type of effort into their products and I wish HTs but the same type of effort they put in their product into their customer service.

Man, if one of these guys ever decides to deliver the whole package, they will be dangerous...or if they merged companies...now that would be sweet!

Like I said, i know that's not the norm. Its dirty that they are so slow in their response to you guys. SSC definately does an awesome job and they go above and beyond the call of duty for their customers in this regard.

Here's the thing, I wish SSC put that type of effort into their products and I wish HTs but the same type of effort they put in their product into their customer service.

Man, if one of these guys ever decides to deliver the whole package, they will be dangerous...or if they merged companies...now that would be sweet!

I know its funny how we can't have one with out the other, now many on this board will argue that SSC does try hard and does put the effort in. And I'm a loyalist to them but its so hard to be loyal when Hot Toys keep releasing amazing pieces.

I know its funny how we can't have one with out the other, now many on this board will argue that SSC does try hard and does put the effort in. And I'm a loyalist to them but its so hard to be loyal when Hot Toys keep releasing amazing pieces.

I'm loyal...but a conservative loyalist. I don't apologize for them when they are in error...like some:monkey1

I still buy all their SW 1/6th offerings (got all except the Han Carbonite...hoping for that to end up like Jabba and use some gift cards from SDCC for it:naughty) but since they began making the SW stuff, they have let stuff just slide by when production doesn't meet the standard of the proto. I can understand on some items but they seem more nonchalant about fixing things.

For example, the big head issues could have been solved the same way HTs solved their issue with the inaccurate V1 Joker. Offer another iteration of the character and include a corrected head for the last iteration...problem solved! Most folks will and are buying both products anyway.

ok rant over.

:huh, i thought it looked good. I was about to get one and I dont even buy most figures anymore.

Apology Not Accepted Hot Toys.

633693559260491360-professionally.jpg

Apology Not Accepted Hot Toys.

633693559260491360-professionally.jpg
Haha.Very funny.At least they got away without being cursed:rotfl
Well glad they cahnge the heads.The in hands picks of the head dissapointed me a lot.Does this mean that it will take more time for the figure to be shipped from sideshow?Because it is estimated to be shipped in july

Only if you want to use RARE HTF in ebay ads.

I'd want the best version and that looks to be the corrected one.

I just had an email from an official source, not much to add really, but the gist of it is, that the problem is isolated to the early releases picked up from Toy Hunters in HK.
HT weren't happy with the quality of finish on the head sculpts, so head honcho Howard Chan decided they should be recalled and replaced with a better one, seems pretty dedicated to me, as the old saying goes "in business you are only ever as good as your last job!' HT seem to take this mantra pretty seriously.

I just had an email from an official source, not much to add really, but the gist of it is, that the problem is isolated to the early releases picked up from Toy Hunters in HK.
HT weren't happy with the quality of finish on the head sculpts, so head honcho Howard Chan decided they should be recalled and replaced with a better one, seems pretty dedicated to me, as the old saying goes "in business you are only ever as good as your last job!' HT seem to take this mantra pretty seriously.

Agreed and that is why imo nobody can touch them.

Back