Hot Toys Announces PREDATORS Movie License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there goes my money! As a Predator movie fan I would love to see 7 or 8 preds with some awesome looks, but as a person with a wallet hottoys is gonna take all my money!

Yesssssssssss. I love Predators. I only have 3 right now since the old once are too expensive in the 2nd market. weeeeeee

Glad to hear the (very expected by if not most, then all of us) awesome news. I can't wait to see what HT will do for these. It's gonna be a crazy year.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.:chew

i could care less about the human characters in this movie, bring on the PREDATORS.:banana

NO to rubber bodies on the preds.:monkey3

Whether I'll want Royce or not will depend on if I enjoy his character in the film. If I find him annoying then wont want it. If find that he rocks then will want :lol

Is this a good thing?
I'm not a Predator Collector (I only have the Sideshow dio) but Hot Toys really needs to finish what they have started on the first movie, before embarking on this one.

Well, I think they are most concerned with the bottom line. If the potential sales of Blaine, Mac, etc. weren't perceived to be such to make the costs of manufacturing them/obtaining license rights worthwhile, then that's that.

With movies nowadays, likeness rights for merchandising are apparently part of the contract that stars sign. This wasn't the case back in the 80s, so it becomes cheaper and easier to release Adrian Brody from Predators than Apollo Creed from Predator. Plus, this new movie will be on more peoples' minds when it comes out, and the hype will spur sales of toys. That may make it a more reasonable business move.

Personally, I would prefer the guys from Predator, but that's just me.

I don't know why Hot Toys don't go down the Sideshow route and give the other Pred Soldiers an limited edition number on the box and base. I'm sure that would make them sell easily

Back