Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I just mean generally.

The discussion is cool, but this waiting for product info business, is making folks dissect minutia tob pass the time - it's unbelievable. :lol

I like how direct quotes from the director and writer from 1994/1995 still aren't convincing enough. :lol

That's where this conversation ends. I get a "well, that's a modern documentary that wasn't made at the era/time of release" from haytil when I posted evidence from the DVD and Blu Ray documentary from the "reinventing a hero" documentary. Then when I grab an article that goes into GREATER detail about it being a re-invention and "our own thing" FROM, 1994 to 1995 no less, it's still not enough? I don't get what is so damn hard about differentiating the difference between a series and a franchise.

Alrighty then.

Last edited:
Mostly because those direct quotes still don't change that their "reinvention" is still a continuation of the same franchise.

There are three, soon to be four separate Batman franchises.
1. 1966, Adam West era
2. Batman to Batman & Robin
3. The Dark Knight Trilogy
4. soon to be Man of Steel/Superman VS Batman/maybe DC cinematic universe

Whether anyone likes it or not, myself included, they are part of the same franchise and will always packaged together and considered part of the same era.

Yup, exactly.

And they refer to it as a "re-invention" ALOT. How is that not a "reboot" in some 90s way? You're re-inventing the wheel, making something a-new, making it your own. If it's such the sequel it is in a canon, continuity "this is the same universe" sort of way, why are Schumacher and Co. so anxious to describe it as it's own thing? "Their" thing? Schumacher even says, "I'm making MY version, my own comic book".

That magazine even mentions how Forever is essentially a remake of Returns.

"For all the scripts attempts at re-inventing the series, the filmmakers have, apparently without realizing it, remade the second film."

Hell, it even mentions that Schumacher had absolutely no intention on bringing Billy Dee Williams back (who was anxiously waiting for the call) and always intended to use Tommy Lee Jones for "his" Harvey.

I don't even get what we're all arguing about here.

We're not arguing, we are having a mature, erudite and dignified, well expressed comparison of views about differences in perceptions.

And yours are plain wrong!

:chase

(Joking, joking joking....:lol Oh come on! You set that right up to be knocked down :lol

Mostly because those direct quotes still don't change that their "reinvention" is still a continuation of the same franchise.

1. 1966, Adam West era

Whether anyone likes it or not, myself included, they are part of the same franchise and will always packaged together and considered part of the same era.

And I still can't understand those that can't accept multiple takes/renditions of their favorite characters. Go with the version(s) you prefer and ignore the ones you don't--PROBLEM SOLVED.:lol

1. 1966, Adam West era

Also the serials before that, (plus various animated universes, Birds of Prey TV series ,video games franchises etc if you're not just talking about theatrical films) but your point is clear of course.

Alrighty then.

tumblr_m6m0qkygpj1qcqqcoo1_500.gif

All of it's under one banner when it comes down to it as far as I'm concerned - kooky, dark or otherwise.

From the docos you mentioned earlier Difabio (which collectively are excellent btw - the first in the series being my absolute fave), Schumacher mentions wanting Keaton for the 3rd film - but for obvious reasons, he got turned down.

There was obviously the intention of continuity there, but with all the factors at play, the end result was a poor attempt at getting the audience to think there was something there.. & there wasn't. Not anything of tangible substance anyway..

We all want to crucify poor Joel to varying extents - but in reality, it wasn't all his fault. The studio people had their heads up their @$$3$ for the longest time as well. :huh

I personally don't see Forever as a sequel, but that's just because it's a different director! :dunno Either way, if HT were to produce all the villains from Returns, Forever and B&R, I'd get them all, but stick with my DX Keaton as the centerpiece.
Not a fan of the nips.

Mr Dabbs,

You seriously need to stop doing this! It makes any decent '...Returns' fan want to travel to HT Central HQ and pelting the building with I shall call....'special message' fruits.

That is to say...large slightly over ripe tomatoes around which is tied with string, this particular photo and a piece of paper with the message reading "This is what you should really be doing...never mind all that endless IRON MAN malarky. Give us our BATMAN RETURNS figures, you silly persons!"

Seriously though, brilliant job there Sean.

ha ha - thanks mate :)

I am pretty sure they all ready have a kick *** sculpt made (of both catwoman and penguin) and are trying to get the timing just so to release this range!

Catwoman is my personal obsession, I love head sculpting but really enjoy making catwoman - this particular head is a v2 version. I still plan on making a couple more expression for her before moving on ...

Geez who needs Hot Toys when people can just make their own with quality like this?

:)

There is nothing that I would love more than if Hot Toys wanted to use my Catwoman head and hands for their official release - so for any Hot Toys guys reading - :)

Well that works really well if your name is Sean Dabbs, not so well if your name is Chunky 'Sausages' McFatfinger....like me.

It's not really, it's Daron.....but you get my drift.

:rotfl I'm certain you could hit your parents with child abuse charges for that name.

But really I'm the same way. i love seeing what the talented customizers are capable of, but I know I could never do that.

Just amazing, I am excited to go thru it and enjoy all your hard word and dedication, good stuff.

Love Robert Wuhl, sems like such a funny down to earth dude.

Her question of why is "Hollywood so attracted to comic book charaters right now" made me laugh.

She described 2013 so perfectly. :lol

Did you listen to the Entertainment Tonight clip when Mary Hart says: "The movie Batman Begins" its caped crusade when it opens in theaters.

That behind the scenes making clip was epic, great find.

I took a still shot from one of the video clips on sallah's amazing website:

[URL=https://s1244.photobucket.com/user/lolzcat1/media/image.jpg.html] [/URL]

Thanks for the kind words man! Yeah the "Batman Begins" thing made me chuckle too... and great screen grab!

Sallah

The reason it wasn't called a "reboot" wasn't just because that term didn't exist back then - it's because the concept itself didn't either, by any other name. The lack of the term "reboot" isn't just a terminology difference, it's a conceptual difference. There were no such things as reboots back then!

Oh, so the concept of starting over with a new vision didn't exist in the 90's? So this:

542108409_WUUNV-O.jpg

Would be in the same cinematic universe as this:

captaina.jpg

...right?

There are many other examples. That one just immediately came to mind. 100%- There was definitely such a thing as starting over with a new vision on an existing concept or film. They just didn't call them "reboots" because it wasn't a term then.

Sallah

Back