Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just searched some footage and there's no difference between the '89 Batman suit and the BR suit. Maybe we'd get a Keaton sculpt but I can't think of any other differences.

Not wishing to sound like I have missed something, but....You deliberately searched back to look at the differences, but you still could not see any?

I am at a loss as to which emoticon will cover this...?

Not wishing to sound like I have missed something, but....You deliberately searched back to look at the differences, but you still could not see any?

I am at a loss as to which emoticon will cover this...?

surforia has already since admitted his mistake.

Yeah, I looked again, there are definitely differences. The biggest one is in the abs, but I still don't think it's a massive difference, like between the Keaton suits and the Kilmer suits or Clooney suits. :dunno

Returns suit also used Nike Jordan VI's instead of the Air Trainer III's used in the 89 film.

Anyone that says they can't spot a difference is clearly trolling.

M.

Returns suit also used Nike Jordan VI's instead of the Air Trainer III used in the 89 film.

Anyone that says they can't spot a difference is clearly trolling.

M.

See, that's exactly the type of super-specific difference I could totally understand someone not noticing unless they pour over still images of both costumes. It's one thing to notice the very different armor, cowl, symbol, and even boot tops between the Keaton suits....but not knowing minutiae like the specific model of the base shoe? That can get a pass. :dunno

See, that's exactly the type of super-specific difference I could totally understand someone not noticing unless they pour over still images of both costumes. It's one thing to notice the very different armor, cowl, symbol, and even boot tops between the Keaton suits....but not knowing minutiae like the specific model of the base shoe? That can get a pass. :dunno

Oh... I'm not saying that should be noticed at all... just adding to the differences in general.

M.

Sent from the grid.

The details are different but the theme is the same. Looks at this, now focus your eyes on the Batman Returns writing in the top right until your cross-eyed.

Batman-1989.jpg

The suit now looks the same as 89 (black rubber with yellow logo and belt)

The differences in the cowl alone stand out huge to me after watching both movies quite a few times.

large%20batman%20returns%20blu-ray1.jpg

batman-1989-05-g.jpg

'89 suit is rough, it literally looks like Bruce Wayne has one suit of armor that he goes out in every night.

The Returns suit is clean and pretty much perfect. No blemishes, no flaws, no nothing. Instead of having one suit in the vault, he has like 50.

I like the brow, ears and overall fit and thickness of the cowl more on the Returns version.

'89 suit is rough, it literally looks like Bruce Wayne has one suit of armor that he goes out in every night.

The Returns suit is clean and pretty much perfect. No blemishes, no flaws, no nothing. Instead of having one suit in the vault, he has like 50.

This :lecture

It's like the raw-ness of the first Batsuit complements Bruce Wayne's early years as a vigilante.

Yeah, and I definitely prefer that. I like that the '89 suit doesn't look perfect like all the other suits. The other ones have this "mass produced", movie manufactured look, especially the Schumacher ones. They look too perfect and fake.

In fact, the '89 suit is the only suit to get messed up and damaged isn't it? Yeah, in Returns he rips the cowl off and in Begins he's caught on fire by Scarecrow, but I don't recall the suits looking anything but pristine. The '89 one is the only one where he looks like a bloody, cut up, burnt and hurt mess.

Yeah, and I definitely prefer that. I like that the '89 suit doesn't look perfect like all the other suits. The other ones have this "mass produced", movie manufactured look, especially the Schumacher ones. They look too perfect and fake.

In fact, the '89 suit is the only suit to get messed up and damaged isn't it? Yeah, in Returns he rips the cowl off and in Begins he's caught on fire by Scarecrow, but I don't recall the suits looking anything but pristine. The '89 one is the only one where he looks like a bloody, cut up, burnt and hurt mess.

Yeah, I have observed that too. Though it's funny that the raw leather look and texture of the 89 suit looks actually tougher. And while he got bloody in the end, the 89 suit's torso seemed more resilient to blunt weapons and bullets, while the Returns suit, despite its armor-y appearance, gets easily ripped off by Catwoman. Bruce himself was able to easily tear the mask apart to reveal his face. I guess it could be the reason why they made a point to show that in Returns, Wayne's got a lot of reserves in his armory.

Now give us that torn cowl/Bruce Wayne HS, Hot Toys.

Well he has some holes from where Catwoman stabs him

True, true.

Yeah, I have observed that too. Though it's funny that the raw leather look and texture of the 89 suit looks actually tougher. And while he got bloody in the end, the 89 suit's torso seemed more resilient to blunt weapons and bullets, while the Returns suit, despite its armor-y appearance, gets easily ripped off by Catwoman. Bruce himself was able to easily tear the mask apart to reveal his face. I guess it could be the reason why they made a point to show that in Returns, Wayne's got a lot of reserves in his armory.

I guess the more you have of something (mass produced), the weaker, less durable it is.

That is pretty crazy how many suits, cowls, boots and stuff he has as opposed to the ONE set of gear in the first film. He must have MAD OCD. :lol

True, true.

I guess the more you have of something (mass produced), the weaker, less durable it is.

That is pretty crazy how many suits, cowls, boots and stuff he has as opposed to the ONE set of gear in the first film. He must have MAD OCD. :lol

Yup. It's like the suits are meant to be somewhat disposable, thus making it mass-produced.

LOL Tell me about it. OCD's what I thought of when they showed Wayne picking up a suit from the middle of the rack, as if the rest of the suits on the rack are totally different suits :lol

But of course that was to make the scene less boring :lol

Nope, BS!

One of the Joker's goons easily peeled back 89 Batman's mask so, throw that fantasy out the window.

If Catwoman had confronted Batman while he was wearing that 89 suit, she would have still drove that modified thimble right through the side of that suit as well.

And then you think wait..its a movie FFS!, there was no real explained science behind any of Batman's stuff during any scenes in the Burton films. XD

True, true.

It's not that it was weaker, it just never took the beating the 89 suit took and again, who is to say he only had one 89 suit even if one was in a vault, where the **** were the bullet holes on the chest armor after the Joker's thugs and the guy in the begining shot him?..can't think deep with 89 and Returns Batman movies, maybe with Nolan's but, not these.

He's got one suit. What you see in that vault and arsenal is what he's got. Why would he only use the vault for one suit if he had more.

In Returns he has a ****ing drawbridge and an armory full of stuff!

As far as the "science" behind it, there's enough explanations. I like how it's from a different perspective though from the Nolan films. Instead of Fox and Bruce going in depth about everything, you have it coming from the point of view of the thugs. Things like "there ain't no blood", "some kind of body armor", "how much do you weigh" for the grapple gun.

Catwoman probably would be able to claw up the '89 suit. You can clearly see in Returns she's searching for a weak spot in the armor on his side. With the '89 suit, you can see where the armor and under suit are separated.

Nope, BS!

One of the Joker's goons easily peeled back 89 Batman's mask so, throw that fantasy out the window.

If Catwoman had confronted Batman while he was wearing that 89 suit, she would have still drove that modified thimble right through the side of that suit as well.

And then you think wait..its a movie FFS!, there was no real explained science behind any of Batman's stuff during any scenes in the Burton films. XD

It's not that it was weaker, it just never took the beating the 89 suit took and again, who is to say he only had one 89 suit even if one was in a vault, where the **** were the bullet holes on the chest armor after the Joker's thugs and the guy in the begining shot him?..can't think deep with 89 and Returns Batman movies, maybe with Nolan's but, not these.

:lol

Man, as far as I recall, the Joker thug was not able to peel the mask from Wayne's face, thanks to Vale's flash. And it was very different from how Bruce Wayne RIPPED his cowl off with one hand in Returns. But if anything, we saw there that Wayne still hasn't come up with the taser that automatically sets off when someone tries to take off the cowl from Batman, unlike in TDK before SWAT Gordon got Joker (that same trick was also seen in the comics prior to the Nolan movies).

Also, I think you might be the only one who thinks that he's got more than one suit in 89. Me, I think the fact that there were no bullet holes EVEN SOON AFTER JOKER'S THUGS SHOT him makes me think that the 89 suit is supposed to be tougher, and that being a rookie vigilante he thought he didn't have the need for multiples. It was prior to the attempt of peeling his mask off. Remember the line "he's human afterall?"

There's no science involved, maybe. Just us trying to think as we enjoy the movies. And you didn't really have to think deep if it's too obvious.

Last edited:
Back