Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it so bloody confusing. They say 1/6 and 1/4 scale figures based off Batman Returns right? I can't understand why they would make two figures of the same character but in different scales. I know that those 2 people who like 1/4 figures will then have a copy for their collection, but the whole idea seems so.....tedious.

I'd be seriously pissed if they made any of the characters in 1/4 scale instead of 1/6th. They better damn well be sure to make them all in 1/6, and anything done in 1/4 would be a bonus.

I find it so bloody confusing. They say 1/6 and 1/4 scale figures based off Batman Returns right? I can't understand why they would make two figures of the same character but in different scales. I know that those 2 people who like 1/4 figures will then have a copy for their collection, but the whole idea seems so.....tedious.

:yess::exactly::rotfl:goodpost:

I'd buy both scales... just because I want at least ONE 1/4(I never buy another one again) and the 1/6 scale will look neat next to the other figures. :)

Here is number 1.:cool:

Yeah cos Hot Toys is known for doing all the main characters from every license :monkey2

I know, in your eyes, they haven't made all the figures you want. But I don't see how any HT collector could be unhappy with the number of figures they are making. Even if you don't count the repaints and re-releases, they are still making more figures thean ever. :dunno

I know, in your eyes, they haven't made all the figures you want. But I don't see how any HT collector could be unhappy with the number of figures they are making. Even if you don't count the repaints and re-releases, they are still making more figures thean ever. :dunno

True they are making more figures. and it's not just figures i want, fact is HT drop the ball on lots of lines, often times making lesser characters (New Goblin)

I'm sure there are many upset collectors who want more Platoon, Tron, POTA, Expendables, Blade, Watchmen and others that were left too short or had not gotten the main character as well as others like me who want figures from the announcements they've delayed with no updates given

True they are making more figures. and it's not just figures i want, fact is HT drop the ball on lots of lines, often times making lesser characters (New Goblin)

I'm sure there are many upset collectors who want more Platoon, Tron, POTA, Expendables, Blade, Watchmen and others that were left too short or had not gotten the main character as well as others like me who want figures from the announcements they've delayed with no updates given

I don't diagree with you a bit. But I love almost all they they are making and have made. And if they make many more, I'll have to choose between eating and getting HT. :horror

I don't diagree with you a bit. But I love almost all they they are making and have made. And if they make many more, I'll have to choose between eating and getting HT. :horror

I'm geting a few, see my list below, but most of them were delayed from last year :(

I'm hoping Q3 offers more for me than Q1 and Q2 did :pray:

(Hint: i'm looking for completely new characters)

I watched Batman Returns last night (Haven't seen it in years). I hate this movie :mad:! And will be happy to skip this line when Hot Toys Releases it. Sorry to vent, troll whatever you want to call it.

I like the first movie and will be adding Batman, Joker and the Batmobile to my collection....but I have no desire to collect these figures after watching that movie.

Not sure about these,buy once I see them listed for pre order w/ pics I'll prob get 'em all-DAMMNIT!!!

its interesting how split this movie is with batman fans. you either love it or hate it. its funny the people who like B89 but hate Returns. to me they are 2 sides of the same coin, both timeless and brilliant. Returns i think i like a smidgen better because i think it was a better overall movie whereas the first film, while also brilliant, was trying too hard i think to impress the fanboys and show that batman can be darker and not just the 60's show. the tormented characters and the overall gloominess is so perfect for batman. some people say its TOO gloomy or dark, but i think the darker the movie is the better it is. the more deranged the villians are, the better the victory will be for batman.and man, michelle pfieffer......:) casting for this movie was just spot on perfect. i honestly cant say that about any other batman film. who else but devito? and pfieffer, its obvious will never be topped as catwoman. thats a tough performance to beat, just like it was with nicholson who i still feel is the ultimate film joker. i dont get how people can like the twisted mature nature of TDK but dislike this movie. ledger and devito's villians are very closely linked in that they are both gruesome nasty characters.

but anyway..

i know they had a few different penguin outfits in the film, but of all of them i hope they do this one

the ones where he first meets batman and they have there famous exchange. this was the best outfit and perfectly summed up the character, gruesome, nasty, but also classy and sophisticated.

Last edited:
I tried rewatching Returns the other day. Actually more or less had it on in the background as I did other things. I like it less and less everytime. I'll definitely be buying figures from the line because the one thing I really liked is the look of the characters.

i find that a bit strange. i thought captain america had a cool look too but im not gonna buy the figures cuz i thought the movie sucked.

also, shouldnt this thread be more for people who actually loved the movie and are excited for the line? im seeing alot of "i thought teh movie sucked" comments which i find uncalled for. i thought TDK sucked but i dont go to the ledger joker thread saying sh** like "man what a boring movie! nicholson beats ledger, batmobile looks stupid yadda yadda yadda". wouldnt that be considered trolling? i dont think this thread should be any different, especially since this is supposed to be in praise for the burton film(s) mostly. but i find this also in the keaton batman thread. pretty unfair and biased if you ask me.

Last edited:
I'm the same way. If I hate a movie I'm not going to buy a figure from it no matter how cool it looks.

I think all pre-Nolan Batman movies after Returns sucks but I'm not at the point where I hate Returns. I'm just really, really, really disappointed in it when compared to 89 Batman and have a bunch of cringe worthy moments when it comes to DeVito's scenes.

i find that a bit strange. i thought captain america had a cool look too but im not gonna buy the figures cuz i thought the movie sucked.

also, shouldnt this thread be more for people who actually loved the movie and are excited for the line? im seeing alot of "i thought teh movie sucked" comments which i find uncalled for. i thought TDK sucked but i dont go to the ledger joker thread saying sh** like "man what a boring movie! nicholson beats ledger, batmobile looks stupid yadda yadda yadda". wouldnt that be considered trolling? i dont think this thread should be any different, especially since this is supposed to be in praise for the burton film(s) mostly. but i find this also in the keaton batman thread. pretty unfair and biased if you ask me.

Who cares if people don't like it? In fact, who cares about people that like it?

I know that I like Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight or whatever and that I want the collectibles for the films. That's all I care about.

If someone feels differently, why should that matter to me? There's just me, what I like (my opinion) and my wallet. I'm not going to let other people's opinions dictate what I like. If they agree, cool, if not, who gives a ____?

I don't care if you care that I don't like it. I don't like you Coco and I wouldn't buy any Hot Toys figures of you.

Oh and you're ugly and your mom dress you funny.

Ouch.

Clint-Howard-Howie--87139.jpg

PS:

I care.

4746f144583a870d.jpg

Back