Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, nothing wrong with that, but why?
space, money and collecting effort.

It seems starting from now on HT will introduce a diverse range of characters branded under this "Artisan" in the foreseeable future.

I'm totally fine with current "normal offerings" from HT. Unlike the others, I don't feel the need for my plastic dollies to be ultra realistic with "top notch rooted hair".

I'm totally fine with current "normal offerings" from HT. Unlike the others, I don't feel the need for my plastic dollies to be ultra realistic with "top notch rooted hair".
Isn’t that what it’s about? At least for me… I started collecting 21 Century Toys, then discovered Dragon, then a buddy showed me a pic of a Hot Toys. I couldn’t believe how realistic it was at the time, actual gloved hands? Real shoelaces? Look at all the gear it comes with! Yeah I could by 2-3 dragon figures for the cost but look how realistic it looks. Anyways still have my first Hot Toys from circa 2004…
IMG_4719.jpeg

No, I'm comparing both, debating which one to get and I think I'm leaning towards the sculpted hair as well.
My concerns regarding Anakin are:
1. Hair will look similar to HT past efforts in hand. Yes, there will be a few folks that will make it look good but Im not one of them. This and Joker are a first for this type of wool hair implantation. There's a lot of room for screw ups or "Friday build" employees.
2. Pleather tabards again. why?
3. HT will reuse this sculpt but add sculpted hair for the anniversary release.
4. Another "high ground" :sneaky:base that raises Anakin just high enough to look weird in your detolf.

1. Hair will look similar to HT past efforts in hand. Yes, there will be a few folks that will make it look good but Im not one of them. This and Joker are a first for this type of wool hair implantation. There's a lot of room for screw ups or "Friday build" employees.

Not true. WB100 exclusive Wonder Woman is the first HT figure with the new wool hair treatment and it came out pretty much exactly like the proto (whether you think that’s good or bad is up to you). Joker and Anakin are just the first under the “artisan” label, most likely b/c WB100 WW isn’t a “DX” where as Anakin and Joker are.

Last edited:
2. Pleather tabards again. why?
3. HT will reuse this sculpt but add sculpted hair for the anniversary release.
4. Another "high ground" :sneaky:base that raises Anakin just high enough to look weird in your detolf.
I agree, lets all walk away from this and teach HT a lesson. No one wants this half assed attempt, can’t even tilt up his head, flaking pleather, outdated tailoring, $500 you can get the Batman Armory, pfffshh who likes prequels anyway 😏

Any international buyer? Sideshow ask for a Personal Code (ID Tax they said) when you create a account or try to checkout a item...what number It is? Any idea please????

Any international buyer? Sideshow ask for a Personal Code (ID Tax they said) when you create a account or try to checkout a item...what number It is? Any idea please????
Sideshow is not a good option for people outside america

Hello,

I live in France and I put 0000 in ID Tax, I was able to pre order the artisan joker yesterday, sideshow confirm my deposit in another mail this morning.

Not true. WB100 exclusive Wonder Woman is the first HT figure with the new wool hair treatment and it came out pretty much exactly like the proto (whether you think that’s good or bad is up to you). Joker and Anakin are just the first under the “artisan” label, most likely b/c WB100 WW isn’t a “DX” where as Anakin and Joker are.
My bad. First male figure.

I agree, lets all walk away from this and teach HT a lesson. No one wants this half assed attempt, can’t even tilt up his head, flaking pleather, outdated tailoring, $500 you can get the Batman Armory, pfffshh who likes prequels anyway 😏
I wasn’t trying to be mean about it or make myself feel better if I don’t even get the chance to purchase. Just saying that for half a grand, these are things that make me wish I could see an in hand first. The figure in the videos at con looked nothing like the retouched photos.

Going to try like hell to get it Friday, if not I will get it later. I also definitely have to get the padawan Anakin. IMO the padawan, if it turns out like the proto, is the best Anakin they have done, followed VERY closely by the rooted. Freakin thing looks awesome…View attachment 656614
For me, this is my consolation prize if I miss out. Honestly, I resent companies that try to make me beg, cheat or steal to get a product. Limit the run based on demand, not the production. Or if you do the latter, throw in a pregnant hologram Padme or something so I can get the figure. They did 4(!) versions of the latest Wolverine, but we enthusiasts have to worry about getting stiff armed on this one. Not cool, HT. Not cool.

This is all deliberate, first off it is limited how many rooted hair figures you can churn out until shipping deadline if you decide to do it within certain quality limits. Second, this is all about creating engagement and fuss with their new noticeably lower production numbers across the board, notice how say ROTJ Vader and other releases are already waitlisted (deluxe version still available). But especially Vader which is free money every time and usually made in high numbers until now. It seems pretty clear they have made a choice to make exclusivity a thing again and since they're making lower editions I'll be very surprised if prices don't start climbing pretty soon, probably cranking them up as soon as the world economy gets out of the current slump.

In the same boat. Haven't ordered from Sideshow for a while as it's garanteed to cost an extra 25% with shipping fees and taxes. Gonna have to make an exception for this Anakin assuming i am lucky enough to even get the chance to put it in my cart.

This is what I have in my account.

Screenshot_2023-08-18-15-04-31-956_com.android.chrome.jpg

Is this the place where the status change to the queue when the time arrives? Is here where I must be?

I think it's the actual RSVP page you want to be on. if you search for Anakin and Coming Soon in the filter you should get a link to it. That's where I'm camped out on laptop 1 with laptop 2 poised to enter just before Noon because who knows how they're working the queue.

Back