Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn’t trying to be mean about it or make myself feel better if I don’t even get the chance to purchase. Just saying that for half a grand, these are things that make me wish I could see an in hand first. The figure in the videos at con looked nothing like the retouched photos.
No worries I was joking. It’s true the retouched photos make it look like a whole new figure and at the con it just looked like a new head on the old body. Unfortunately that’s more likely what it will look like in hand. Your concerns are totally justified.

Yes, I know, never buy to Sideshow, always to local retailers, but in the case of Artisan Anakin is my only option.

In the same boat. Haven't ordered from Sideshow for a while as it's garanteed to cost an extra 25% with shipping fees and taxes. Gonna have to make an exception for this Anakin assuming i am lucky enough to even get the chance to put it in my cart.

I'm in the same boat as well. Normally I go via UK or HK sellers but for this Sideshow is my only option.

Still a little torn tbh, he looks amazing but the price but UK taxes and shipping is gonna be brutal. With all the Ahsoka stuff on the horizon I should probably pass (my current TCW Anakin is great in his own right) but if I get lucky I'll probably still bite just because he is such a nice looking figure and ROTS Anakin is my favourite look for the character.

The new Dewback they just announced seems like a nice consolation, PO should go up as early as today according to Toyark. Probably around the same price as Anakin.

The new Dewback they just announced seems like a nice consolation, PO should go up as early as today according to Toyark. Probably around the same price as Anakin.
It does present a bit of a quandary...get Anakin or a much larger Dewback for roughly the same price. I'm probably going to shoot for both, but I do feel like if I miss out in a couple hours, the Dewy will be a nice consolation, as you said...

It does present a bit of a quandary...get Anakin or a much larger Dewback for roughly the same price. I'm probably going to shoot for both, but I do feel like if I miss out in a couple hours, the Dewy will be a nice consolation, as you said...
It also has rooted hair on its back, a very good consolation :)

I'm in the same boat as well. Normally I go via UK or HK sellers but for this Sideshow is my only option.

Still a little torn tbh, he looks amazing but the price but UK taxes and shipping is gonna be brutal. With all the Ahsoka stuff on the horizon I should probably pass (my current TCW Anakin is great in his own right) but if I get lucky I'll probably still bite just because he is such a nice looking figure and ROTS Anakin is my favourite look for the character.

Not sure either if i'll click or not. Gonna enter the queue and see where it's getting me to. If available when i get to the product page, i'll most probably bite. I'llthen likely put this on a payment plan so i only get stung by shipping and taxes when it's in stock. Gonna ease the pain. At least, that's the plan right now. We'll see how it went in a couple hours.

Not sure either if i'll click or not. Gonna enter the queue and see where it's getting me to. If available when i get to the product page, i'll most probably bite. I'llthen likely put this on a payment plan so i only get stung by shipping and taxes when it's in stock. Gonna ease the pain. At least, that's the plan right now. We'll see how it went in a couple hours.

That's a good idea about the payment plan so that the last bit is only shipping and taxes.

I'm wavering a bit now as I just realized you can't use reward points for the deposit. My rewards will expire soon so I was hoping to use them now and pay the rest later but looks like that may be another $75 I have to find now. Not much in the overall scheme of the figure but it would have offset shipping costs nicely.

ITS UP!!!!!
1692372727779.png

Back