Hot Toys Aliens Snap-Kit Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of the AVP figures?

I love 'em!!! The detail is amazing and they look much more realistic because HT went with the "flat black and gray" in comparison to the ALIENS snap-kits.

However, I mentioned this in the thread earlier that they are VERY delicate. You may notice that on the ALIENS kits that HT has the small "double ball-joints" along the elbows, knees, etc. for those figures and that they are actually separate pieces. The AVP Aliens have those only in their elbows and most of the ball-joints on their legs are actually PART of the leg mold itself. This is a bad thing because HT used a very soft and pliable plastic for these figures and those ball joints can very easily "tear off". So you have to be careful in putting them together and moving them. I have about 15+ AvP Aliens and I say about 5-6 of them have a joint in one of their legs glued together.

Also the AVP Aliens have the "raptor-style" legs of the Aliens from ALIEN:RESURRECTION and not the "human style" ones that they had in the actual movie...I don't know why they did this. Hence, more chance of breakage...

AvP Series 1 has the glossy 'jet-black' Aliens.There were three: Warrior Alien with his mouth closed, Battle Alien with his mouth open (and inner mouth extended) and the Grid Alien.

AvP Series 2 changed the coloring to a dark gray and also changed the coloring of the Grid Alien to the brick reddish color of the Alien:Resurrection Aliens.

I have more pics of them in the "Show your Shelves" section

An old post to bring up from the depths - Does anyone know if there will be any further expansion of the Aliens Hot Toys snap-kits or is the Snap-Kit idea officially dead. I would like to see another wave of the marines, and possible a wave of the Dutch and Royce teams from the predator series films.

An old post to bring up from the depths - Does anyone know if there will be any further expansion of the Aliens Hot Toys snap-kits or is the Snap-Kit idea officially dead. I would like to see another wave of the marines, and possible a wave of the Dutch and Royce teams from the predator series films.

pinheadnecropost.jpg

Omg! I've been tearing my hair out trying to assemble the preds AND the queen! The pegs don't fit and I'm afraid I'm going to break something by forcing them together. Any suggestions?

Back