Hot Toys Aliens Snap-Kit Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck finding an extra Hicks and Apone, icruise...they can be pricy...I've seen some go for $40-$50.

I've seen some listed at like $40, but I haven't seen them actually sell. It makes no sense to buy one figure at that price, when you can get a whole case for around $80 (although not including shipping).

your absolutely right. My fingers were so ++++in sore after the AVP series 1 snap kits. I found the best way to build them was to soak the parts in hot water for 30 seconds. Also the Aliens are way kick ass. I love my Grid sooooooooo much.

Here are a couple of very simple alterations that help the likenesses a bit. I just painted over Drake's hair and Apone's goatee. I'll redo Hicks' hair as well.

aliens_snap_drake.jpg

aliens_snap_apone.jpg

So I got my snap-kits today and started playing around with the eggs. They are really nice and detailed (also much bigger than I expected). All I can say is I can't wait for Hot Toys to give us a Queen :chew

dscn1780uz9.jpg

dscn1786mt4.jpg

dscn1773hp9.jpg

I got the whole set + extra Drake and and extra Alien. I don't know which one though cause I was too busy playing around with the eggs. :rotfl

Here are the rough customs I did for my snap kits. Click the picture for a bigger view. I have a Bishop in the works, but he's going to require more work and I'm not sure how he'll turn out. Vasquez is just a Drake with a POTC Elizabeth Swann head (got the figure on clearance). I resculpted the hair and added the bandana, and of course added the armor graffiti. First I tried using a set of Ripley arms with the shirt sleeve removed, since the Drake ones seemed a little too buff, but they just didn't fit onto the figure very well and looked odd.

Hudson is a Hicks body with a GI Joe Duke head on it. I resculpted the hair, added a bit of facial hair, and removed the "locked heart" from his chest armor and replaced it with the skull. It turned out OK, but not great. I've never done any customs in this scale, and in some ways it's trickier than 1/6 scale figures. I had to repaint the heads several times and I'm still not very happy with them. They look good as a group anyway.

Here are the rough customs I did for my snap kits. I have a Bishop in the works, but he's going to require more work and I'm not sure how he'll turn out. Vasquez is just a Drake with a POTC Elizabeth Swann head (got the figure on clearance). I resculpted the hair and added the bandana, and of course added the armor graffiti. First I tried using a set of Ripley arms with the shirt sleeve removed, since the Drake ones seemed a little too buff, but they just didn't fit onto the figure very well and looked odd.

Hudson is a Hicks body with a GI Joe Duke head on it. I resculpted the hair, added a bit of facial hair, and removed the "locked heart" from his chest armor and replaced it with the skull. It turned out OK, but not great. I've never done any customs in this scale, and in some ways it's trickier than 1/6 scale figures. I had to repaint the heads several times and I'm still not very happy with them. They look good as a group anyway.

Good job there!! They look good!

I did some "frankenstein" customs with my extra Snap-Kits. I put Drake's head and arms onto an Apone body so I have a different looking Infantryman and I put Apone's head and arms on Drake's body to get another Smartgunner.

Last edited:
Thanks. You might want to edit out the picture from your quote since it messed up the page formatting. I changed it to a thumbnail just after posting, but I think you replied before I did that.

What do you think of the snap-kit queen? I'm tempted to get a case of the AVP figures mostly just to get one of those. Does it hold together and pose OK?

What do you think of the snap-kit queen? I'm tempted to get a case of the AVP figures mostly just to get one of those. Does it hold together and pose OK?

It holds together fine but you are very limited at posing. She has the double ball-joint in her head and neck. Her arms (both big and small) only move at the 'shoulder' point and her legs only move at her hips (no knee joints or anything). I think she also has a joint in her torso somewhere and she has the fully poseable, wire tail. That is the articulation off the top of my head.

You can see in the photos that the best way she can stand is that she comes with a clear post that goes right up her...well..her crotch....and inserts into one of the Alien Egg kits that came with AvP Series 2. Her legs and feet are completely molded in a permanent position (though they are two parts put together).

She's better as a background piece but I don't regret having her.

Back