Hot Toys ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to buy the space suit Kane to display with the facehugger head. Other figs I would definitely be interested in, are a Giger Alien, a Dallas in his normal clothes with flamethrower, and a Ripley in the white space suit.

And this is coming from somebody who doesn't own ANY of the Hot Toys Alien(s)/Predator figures.

it's not, it's the labor to make the suits.

I mean that I don't know why people are assuming that it is very expensive to use cloth to make figures, when in fact we've seen companies making similar stuff out of cloth before. And for $150 I don't think it's out of line to expect that.

I mean that I don't know why people are assuming that it is very expensive to use cloth to make figures, when in fact we've seen companies making similar stuff out of cloth before. And for $150 I don't think it's out of line to expect that.

$125. And I don't it's as simple as certain pessimists put it.

The excitement of simply getting figures from A L I E N has seemed to wane in just a day. :confused:

No rose-colored glasses here, but come on -- we're getting 1/6th figs from Alien!!! And they're pretty frickin' cool!

The excitement of simply getting figures from A L I E N has seemed to wane in just a day. :confused:

No rose-colored glasses here, but come on -- we're getting 1/6th figs from Alien!!! And they're pretty frickin' cool!

I'm totally excited about these! I've been waiting a long time for it to happen.

And you're right- No rose colored glasses, but my love for this movie makes me want these.

Well I think for some, excitement has passed and they're entering consumer mode. At least that's where I'm at. I don't care what the costumes are made of in general, my only concern is would the vinyl's appearance degrade with flaky paint and such over a short time and after spending $150 on one of these, what would that leave you with.

Have you guys noticed that the suit seems to be made in 3 parts:
- The arms
- A vest
- The "pants"

Interesting.

I'm looking forward to these and to the whole "Alien" line (well, the whole damn franchise actually!), but I so want these to be accurate, both the headsculps and the creatures. And I'm just very worried that HT isn't really going the extra mile for these franchises. They could've given us accurate aliens (not a single one has been accurate yet, the closest was the AvP warrior), they could've given us fabric suits for the astronauts, they could've made a different sculpt for PL Ripley (hell, they even said they would!)... I don't know. It's just that this franchise is so dear to me, it just makes me sad that the same guys who go all out on military figures, who can sculpt Keira Knightley to perfection, who can even make an accurate Robocop and Endoskeleton are not really giving everything they can for these figures.

I'm very happy we're getting as much as we are, and I'm very thankful to HT for even going into these franchises (although god knows my wallet is sorry!) and I will try to support HT as much as I can with my hard earned cash. Just go the extra mile guys.

What can I say? I'm waiting for the definitive classic versions of the ALIEN and maybe the PREDATOR. The originals are still the BEST.

Plus, I only really like the first ALIEN movie. Though I wouldn't mind owning a HT Hicks, if it didn't cost a million dollars. Battle-Damaged Hicks with a repainted Hudson head, anyone?

$125. And I don't it's as simple as certain pessimists put it.

$125 is a straight conversion from Hong Kong dollars -- not the price we would be paying for imported figures. Someone has already said that Davy Jones was the same price as these in Hong Kong dollars, and his retail price is $150.

Sometimes we get a straight conversion, sometimes we don't. I'm not sure what makes the difference.

Eitherway, this will be (most likely) the only shot at these as 1/6 figures and really aside from the choice of material everything else looks top-notch. So, I'm still excited about these, and even more excited to see the Alien.

With all the detailing that has gone into the suits, plus the base, plus the light up feature, I don't think the price is unreasonable at all. These are very nice-looking figures and would be great to own even as static display pieces. That's kind of how I'm looking at these now, based on the choice of materials and so on.

A good resin kit would easily cost this much, with no articulation, and you'd also have to assemble it and paint it yourself. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm really excited about these new "kits" and I'm looking forward to adding them to my Alien collection! :monkey5

Eitherway, this will be (most likely) the only shot at these as 1/6 figures

Yes, absolutely, this is THE time for 1/6 and we are THE generation to fully appreciate figures based on this movie.

Someday, like all things, 1/6th will pass to some other 'collectible' scale and perhaps these characters will get made again... but this WILL BE the definitive A L I E N 1/6th figures made for us.

So gobble them up quick to go with all your other 1/6th scale franchises and movie characters. With all the stuff I know most of you guys buy and own, you HAVE to have A L I E N figures on the shelf too to represent!

That's just so awesome! Gonna be one of your BEST figures on any shelf!

Don't get me wrong -- I'm definitely buying them. I'm just a little disappointed because they aren't quite as nice as they appeared at first glance.

I hear ya. I was fooled too, didn't even think to expect PVC. But hey, what can we do? They still look awesome. For me anyway, I find one pose I like, stick 'em on the shelf, and enjoy them each time I walk by. So from afar, I won't notice the lack of material so much, but I will see the amazing detail...and the lights!

But I hope they don't chip or degrade -- thanks for scaring me now, Maulfan!

:)

I hate being a johnny rain cloud, but when it comes to HT figures, it's as much about the investment as the fun. If they cost half what they do, I'd care less about the things I worry about.

I just can't wait to see the ALIEN. Not likely to happy, but it'd be great if they retooled their head designs to get the appropriate curves and such to it.

Back