Hot Toys ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate being a johnny rain cloud, but when it comes to HT figures, it's as much about the investment as the fun. If they cost half what they do, I'd care less about the things I worry about.

I just can't wait to see the ALIEN. Not likely to happy, but it'd be great if they retooled their head designs to get the appropriate curves and such to it.

Stop it, Johnny Rain Cloud, stop it.

First, paint chipping "rubber", now inaccurate alien heads... You're freaking me out.

:)

From now on, your Delta Tau Kai name is.... Johnny Rain Cloud.

I'll make up for it, as soon as I get my hands on the ALIEN warrior, I'll take some nice photos like it jumped off the screen :)

Picture something like this, but with an ALIEN :D

AW824077.jpg

I just hope professional pride makes Hot Toys go for broke and sculpt and design the articulation of the Giger alien to utter accurate perfection so they can say their alien is the ultimate alien and not NECA's.

You gotta love the coloration around the entrance to the mask, looks so realistic, like melted glass.

What can I say? I'm waiting for the definitive classic versions of the ALIEN and maybe the PREDATOR. The originals are still the BEST.

Plus, I only really like the first ALIEN movie. Though I wouldn't mind owning a HT Hicks, if it didn't cost a million dollars. Battle-Damaged Hicks with a repainted Hudson head, anyone?

This is just about the figures, not the movies, at least that's where I'm coming from. The figures speak for themselves, and they may or may not end up being definitive representations of the "the originals" according to everyone's tastes, which is one of the reasons we tend to discuss these figures at such great length sometimes. Just as with the movies these figures are based on, we also have a range of differing opinions and preferences.

The addition of Alien figures to the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series owes a lot to the success of the Aliens Colonial Marines and various Predator movie figures that came before them. If there hadn't been collectors like me and so many others here who loved the other movies, in addition to the originals, enough to warrant buying these pricey figures, then I seriously doubt Hot Toys would even be making figures from the original Alien or Predator. :D

If there hadn't been collectors like me and so many others here who loved the other movies, in addition to the originals, enough to warrant buying these pricey figures, then I seriously doubt Hot Toys would even be making figures from the original Alien or Predator. :D

That's true... or maybe they saved the best for last.

But yes, much of this comes from the support of collectors like you who have supported this franchise. To all of you :bow

That's true... or maybe they saved the best for last.

But yes, much of this comes from the support of collectors like you who have supported this franchise. To all of you :bow

Hells yeah, of course they saved the best and overall most popular ones for last! But aren't we glad they did the marines, and Ripley, and the Power Loader first? And all the different Predator figures? :D:D:D

As much as I want the original Pred and a couple of Dutch's teammates, I think I'd rather have a few of the Lost Hunters even more. May never happen, but this may be the best and last chance to ever see any of those guys in 1/6! (Oops, wrong thread!) :monkey1

I wonder how far into the A L I E N line they're planning to go. Do you think there's any chance for Parker and Brett?

As much as I hate to say it, I think we (and HT) owe a debt of gratitude, however reluctant, to the first AVP movie. It's really where all the successive alien and predator figures began, with the release of the HT AVP line. What if AVP had never been made? I doubt HT would have gotten around to doing all the lines they're doing now.

I don't think we've ever stopped to appreciate how much HT has done for fans. Their lines of A and P products is extensive and growing ever so fast.

AVP - 6 figures
Aliens - 8 figures (and more to come!!!)
Predator 2 - 3 figures
AVPR - 3 figures
Alien - 2 thus far, and some more guaranteed in the future
Predator - Dutch and P1 are pretty much confirmed, right?
Alien3 - ?
Alien Resurrection - ?

(I might have forgotten a figure or too in my count)

Here's to you, HT. :bow

I wonder how far into the A L I E N line they're planning to go. Do you think there's any chance for Parker and Brett?

I fear they may not. But it all depends on the success of these first two figures. I do hope they get made, my line won't be complete without them, or Ash. (still pissed about Bsihop).

AVP - 6 figures
Predator 2 - 3 figures
AVPR - 3 figures
Alien3 - ?
Alien Resurrection - ?

Yep, even with a few lost pieces here and there, we're getting our stuff!

As much as I hate to say it, I think we (and HT) owe a debt of gratitude, however reluctant, to the first AVP movie. It's really where all the successive alien and predator figures began, with the release of the HT AVP line. What if AVP had never been made? I doubt HT would have gotten around to doing all the lines they're doing now.

I don't think we've ever stopped to appreciate how much HT has done for fans. Their lines of A and P products is extensive and growing ever so fast.

AVP - 6 figures
Predator 2 - 3 figures
AVPR - 3 figures
Alien3 - ?
Alien Resurrection - ?

:clap :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock :clap

Yep, even with a few lost pieces here and there, we're getting our stuff!

You know, I wonder if Bishop not being made was based on the likeness issue. The Marines could be painted horribly and still be kickass figures because of their armor and such, but a Bishop painted way off from Lance's appearance would be almost worthless and not sell much. Granted we have Les and Josh to save figures, but as a company, Hot Toys can't base it's choices off of customizer possiblities, they have to base it on how they think the product that'd come out of the factory would sell and under those conditions, Bishop would have been a poor choice.

I think where this ALIEN line goes will depend on to what extent they can make these figures. If they have full rights to likeness and roll out the type of sculpts we've come to expect from HT in the last year, this line could go far. If they have to play games again with portraits, they may limit the line to flight suited figures and the xenomorph.

I think where this ALIEN line goes will depend on to what extent they can make these figures. If they have full rights to likeness and roll out the type of sculpts we've come to expect from HT in the last year, this line could go far. If they have to play games again with portraits, they may limit the line to flight suited figures and the xenomorph.

Getting kind of "cloudy" there again, but you're right. Same concerns here, but trying very hard not to let them dampen the excitement of the moment. :D

Well back into the excitement of the figures, I love the potential of the lights in the helmets, would make for some fun photography.

I own a lot of HT stuff and none of those purchases have let me down, so unless I open up the Kane box and a giant turd rolls out, there's no way HT could disappoint.

Of course, this is me keeping things in perspective, considering the info and shots given.

I own a lot of HT stuff and none of those purchases have let me down, so unless I open up the Kane box and a turd rolls out, there's no way HT could disappoint.

Of course, this is me keeping things in perspective, considering the info and shots given.

Tell ya what, if you want me to take a dump in box and mark it guaranteed, I will, I've got spare time, but for now, I suggest you buy a quality product from Calahan. :rotfl

Wow. No wonder a lot of manufacturers take one look at these fan boards and run away screaming. Nothing they do can ever be good enough. :monkey2

Back