Hot Toys ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone says "just think how depressed your comments must make the manufacturer who has worked so hard on this product" don't you think that is a call to stop saying critical things?

Well I try to avoid putting words in peoples' mouths... So when he says "just think", I take that as a suggestion to think about how this sounds to the folks behind these figures, just as he said. If it had been anyone but Dave making that comment I find it difficult to believe anyone would bat an eye. He's not telling you what to say any more than you are "telling" Hot Toys how to make their products. It's just an observation. :peace

OK, but for the record, I wasn't suggesting that Dave was using his position to literally censor anyone -- just reading the forums makes it clear that people are free to say what they want, more or less. I would have reacted similarly to anyone saying the same thing. I just have noticed that some of the very vocal posters here (not Dave in particular) seem to go out of their way to defend some of these companies even when criticism is justified and seem to take criticism of their products like personal attacks. Perhaps my feelings about this behavior colored my perception of what he said.

If they do i d LOVE it if they d register log in and chime in about the reasoning and thinking behind these decisions-not to haul themselves into the unwarranted line of fire but because i for one would be fascinated to learn the various processes that go on.Where do they start?Do the original props still exist for study?(i found Kanes boots a little earlier when they were on sale at the Propstore.)I hope there will be some kind of Sideshow-sponsored discussion with Howard Chan in the very near future.

I ordered these figures straight off the bat.Hot Toys are just the greatest 1/6 company ever and i ll support them in any way i can.

If they come in here and see these posts, I would hope they take the criticism and questioning to heart and figure what is best for them as a company vis a vis what the collector is expecting.

But above else, I think they would see the fantastic response their figures are getting.
Their MM lines basically dominate the Aliens and Robots threads and have quite a healthy portion of the General discussions.

I would think they will appreciate the healthy discussions and expectations of their fans.

Just my 2 cents.

OK, but for the record, I wasn't suggesting that Dave was using his position to literally censor anyone -- just reading the forums makes it clear that people are free to say what they want, more or less. I would have reacted similarly to anyone saying the same thing. I just have noticed that some of the very vocal posters here (not Dave in particular) seem to go out of their way to defend some of these companies even when criticism is justified and seem to take criticism of their products like personal attacks. Perhaps my feelings about this behavior colored my perception of what he said.

My statement was more a lament than a call to action. I'm not telling anyone how to post (except the "it sucks!" crowd).

I do know that many creators avoid online forums because it can seem like almost all commentary is negative.

I think the reaction is okay if stated fairly and objectively.

HT DID surprise alot of HT Freaks with the PVC suit.

I wish they'd surprise me with lower prices. :D

But seriously folks...

I hope they surprise me with the Nostromo crew in standard outfits and a proper Giger Alien. My heart's on the line here.

I wish they'd surprise me with lower prices. :D

But seriously folks...

I hope they surprise me with the Nostromo crew in standard outfits and a proper Giger Alien. My heart's on the line here.

I'm pretty sure HT will do so. When the Kane/Dallas spacesuit figures sell @ a fast rate. I'm sure they will release the other crew members as well as Giger's ALIEN figure. I have faith...and I will need to save up the $$$ for it. I'm still guessing spring '09 (30th anniversary). Sorry to be redundant. :D

Back